No announcement yet.

TWDT-J Appeal: Kamikaze vs. Sour Milk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving on from this, what is the appropriate procedure that Caps should expect when an emergency like this should occur? It seems the situation is mostly of miscommunication with the opposing team, as stayon was not allegedly aware of the changes, and BWP, who I assume was staffing the match (as per his comments in this thread), did not notify the opposing team right away of the changes ("I gave a freq message midmatch to the team contesting rabs rating to inform them lineup was legit.").

How/when should these things be communicated to both teams? What can the staff member do to accommodate both teams in this situation (extend time pre-match to rethink lines, remake game, etc...).

This is only a bad situation if we don't learn from it.
    duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

The lesson is that this only happens because the star rating system is dumb. Let people pick whoever and field whoever - best drafter wins.

Comment

Project, at the start of the match there is only 4-5min to add players, checking each player that is added takes time. Ideally caps/assistants should have their heads switched on and know who their 5/6* players are and be telling the host who they are (that way everyone is aware).

In this case Sour Milk were quite slow in adding their team and wanted me to find out for them who their 5/6* were, which complicated things.
        The only way to resolve this is for caps/ass to add teams quickly and be better organised, (knowing if they have a 5 and 6 before match starts -the earlier they ask the less likely they are to forfeit)

I would also like to point out I did freq message them within the first 4 minutes of play.

A few 'dev' ways to help maybe to increase the adding time at the start or to create a database/code bots somehow to do the 5/6* checking automatically. Even if this were possible it is highly unlikely that it would be implemented this season.
        killing newbs since 2002

Comment

I have just spoken to turban and would like to remind caps to add quickly and use !addtime if needed or if they are having problems with lineup.
          killing newbs since 2002

Comment

zzz.

i am going to deny this appeal as no rules were being broken. first of all, there was absolutely no reason for stayon to be benching the game as you shouldalwaysfield your very best lineup and worry about the doing the appeals after the match. claushouse has reserved the right to temporarily change the ratings of players in case of an emergency, if a squad is unable to find a 5* (or 6*) player on time, to ensure no forfeits would happen during the regular season. both squads were informed, in a timely manner, that the lineups were valid although the situation wasn't handled perfectly.

tl;dr: always field your best lineup, and worry about the outcome/appeals at a later date. this draft tournament is meant to be for fun, and we want to give as many players as possible the chance to participate in at least one or two games during the regular season, and thus shouldn't be considered to be a serious tournament like TWL at least until the playoffs begin.

tl;dr v2: sheer stupidity. no rules were being broken. don't assume things. have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
              claushouse has reserved the right to temporarily change the ratings of players in case of an emergency, if a squad is unable to find a 5* (or 6*) player on time, to ensure no forfeits would happen during the regular season. both squads were informed, in a timely manner, that the lineups were valid although the situation wasn't handled perfectly.
              Oh, but turban, don't you see the problem this causes?

It's weird, as soon as you posted that, all of the 5* on our teams stated that they became busy and were not able to show for TWDT anymore.
              And to make it even weirder, all of the 6* are saying they can't show up for games either! I guess our 7*s will just have to be turned into 6*s!!
              1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
              JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
              1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
              http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                Both squads were informed, in a timely manner, that the lineups were valid although the situation wasn't handled perfectly.
                What would have been the better way to have handled the situation from both the captains and the staff/host/ops perspectives so that situations like this don't happen again, just so people know what to expect/do?

Mattey> put me in corch

Comment

Originally posted by project dragon View Post
                  What would have been the better way to have handled the situation from both the captains and the staff/host/ops perspectives so that situations like this don't happen again, just so people know what to expect/do?
                  Did you read my post?
                  killing newbs since 2002

Comment

I read the part that said "I would also like to point out I did freq message them within the first 4 minutes of play." and assumed you thought that everything was handled fine, along with "just add players quicker".

I'm not looking to out anybody or blame anyone for this situation, but to take this event and learn what should be done to handle it better in the future. It would be good for all future captains and hosts to know, just like how twlb finals could be used by twl staff to learn from the mistakes that happened there.

Mattey> put me in corch

Comment

Alright well all I am saying is hosts don't have sufficient time to fix problems if teams add in players in the last minute, especially if they are having to manually add others to their teams freqs. If caps/assistants took the initiative to actually sort line before timer is initiated then we wouldn't have an issue, the 5/6* player cheat sheets have been posted on forums for long enough. It would also give more time to source a 5/6* from another team, without the need for last minute controversial star rating changes.
                      killing newbs since 2002

Comment

maybe if hosts didn't start the bot and assign caps 3 minutes into the timer.. would also help x)

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk View Post
                          maybe if hosts didn't start the bot and assign caps 3 minutes into the timer.. would also help x)
                          Agreed, I suggest all caps start using !addtime and sorting teams prior to match starting as is normally done with dds etc
                          killing newbs since 2002

Comment

If a host has time to prepare, they can look up who is legal for each team's 5/6* players. Not always an option when hosts are sometimes found last-moment, but hosts SHOULD have the teams open (tip: copy each team's list into notepad, note the 5/6* players, and have it open when alt-tabbed, also helps with setfreq's to have that handy).

To be simple, it's a problem of not being properly prepared all around. Captains should have their line prepared (make changes for last-minute arrivals, but you SHOULD have a full line in prety quick), and hosts should be prepared with the teams info.
                            Former TW Staff

Comment

More time on the clocks for TWDT matches would be a godsend as there is a lot more to factor in, and replacement 5/6s need to be found and this takes time.
                              top 100 basers list

Comment

Seems like the timer is a large issue here. Is there a way to stop/pause the time if either a replacement need to be found, or if either side (capts/hosts) need more time to verify lines?

For a small part, the timer before matches seems like a useless feature, sort of like the timer in basing matches. A relic of an old era. I understand the need to start matches in a timely fashion, but with how twdt works maybe something could be done about that in the future? Though I suppose dev does not change the bot very often these days.

Mattey> put me in corch

Comment

Working...
                                X