• Time
  • Show
Clear All

poll plz

1-2-3
    2-3-4
    3-4-5

Comment

insofar as i know the majority of players preferred 3-4-5 last year. i can make every time so i don't care personally, but a poll would have to be done in-game as the forums tend to be skewed towards whiners/trolls and not representative of the majority of twdt players.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
        the players are upset because this decision shows clear favoritism towards mythril, but if you had worded it differently (in a non-bias way) then no one would have complained about the new order.

to be honest, europeans are mostly javelin and base players, and only very few have bothered to play warbird, and thus it makes sense that the javelin league would be the first one in the rotation. basing and warbird orders would basically be a coin flip, but considering that this zone gets more active the later it gets means that 5 PM slot for basing works.

alternatively, 2 PM - 3 PM - 4 PM slots are worth considering.
        i'm not a fan of 2pm, i feel like tons of people miss games that early and only show up at 3, but i'm open to debate about it.

base being last is the only thing that has to absolutely stay put. does anyone object to jav-wb-basing order for any valid reasons?
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
          the players are upset because this decision shows clear favoritism towards mythril, but if you had worded it differently (in a non-bias way) then no one would have complained about the new order.
          it's not a decision, it's a proposal. and it has nothing to do with favoritism (mythril didn't ask me to change anything) -- it has to do with what benefits the league. i don't see how it impacts anyone negatively to switch the wb/jav timeslots. it has a huge impact on the 30-40 players and team he is picked to. since he's a first round pick in the league (he went #1 overall in 2013), it increases his value drastically. the more high value picks, the better the league stands.

i get nothing out of it personally; myth didn't ask, and there's an 87.5% (7/8) chance it's to my own detriment as a TWDT player since he'll likely be on another team and it will make them better.

i brought it up because i wanted to make sure i hadn't overlooked anything. if i wanted to do something dirty and underhanded i would have just changed it w/o saying anything and i doubt anyone would care/notice.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Anyway, I'm trying to get a Poll out to decide on the 2-3-4 or 3-4-5 issue -- I'll go w/ whatever the player base decides. As for the rotation order, it's irrelevant if it's 2-3-4, and too much crying to change it if it's 3-4-5, so it'll stay wb-jav-base.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

My only preference is "the earlier base is, the better"

Comment

Soo 3-3:30-4 is not an option?
                Personally I dont give a shit if jav or wb is played 1st dunno why anyone does

Comment

Originally posted by maketso View Post
                  Soo 3-3:30-4 is not an option?
                  Personally I dont give a shit if jav or wb is played 1st dunno why anyone does
                  Hmm, an interesting idea. Let me run it by Turban. With basing last there should be enough time to do that, might be a good compromise. Ya dunno why anyone cares bout the wb/jav order.
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

Votes so far:

3-4-5 PM EST: (2) Claushouse, maketso
                    2-3-4 PM EST: (2) Rab, Children
                    Last edited by ogron; 01-26-2015, 04:30 AM.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

I never said I wanted games to start at 2 pm, change my vote to option 3.
                      And to be honest I'd vote 3-4-5 not 2-3-4 if they were the only options.

Comment

I never said I wanted games to start at 2 pm, change my vote to option 3.
                        And to be honest I'd vote 3-4-5 not 2-3-4 if they were the only options.
                        Ya I'm wondering if 3-330-4 is a viable option because of playoffs... we'd have to change it suddenly after 7 weeks and it would be confusing and odd. Think it's probably best to just make the options 3-4-5 or 2-3-4. Was a good idea though.
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

I dont think changing the times for playoffs would be a problem. Imagine we're gonna start 3-4-5 and playoffs is best of 3(?) if wb and jav both take 3 rounds we would have to START the basing at like 7 pm.
                          Basically I'm trying to say PLAYOFFS would have to start at 2 pm anyway

Comment

I dont think changing the times for playoffs would be a problem. Imagine we're gonna start 3-4-5 and playoffs is best of 3(?) if wb and jav both take 3 rounds we would have to START the basing at like 7 pm.
                            Basically I'm trying to say PLAYOFFS would have to start at 2 pm anyway
                            Playoffs were 3-4-5 last year and there wasn't an issue. This is what baffles me. Was a really good season. I'm fine with either time, though. I just objectively feel there are more people who show if the games are later than there are euros who go to bed and miss late games -- I do understand it's very late and an inconvenience, however. There's simply a larger % of lazy, hungover americans than there are euros who want to go to sleep. No one is going to stay sober and make sure they wake up on time for TWDT.
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

No one voted on the issue, and forum sample is too small.

I spoke with Turban (a euro) and he feels maintaining the 3-4-5 is the better option, as do I. Can maybe do a vote during draft but I'm leaning towards just keeping everything the same since last year was very successful with WB-Jav-Base and 3-4-5pm ESt times.
                              top 100 basers list

Comment

I just want this issue settled, TWDT starts in a week so it needs to be set. League order and times will remain exactly the same as last year:

Schedule

TWDT-D @ 3PM EST
                                TWDT-J @ 4PM EST
                                TWDT-B @ 5PM EST

/thread
                                top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                                X