No announcement yet.

TWDT 2015 Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(TWDT Captain) can i put in only 7 players in in twdtb so that 18* limit is filled with 2 players only?
    No.

Just to clarify this creative accounting, I'll put it in writing:

-Not adding a 5th player in TWDT-J/TWDT-D (8th player in TWDT-B) counts as 5-Stars. You would then have 7-Stars left in your final low-star spot (13 left in TWDT-B).
    -Not adding a 4th in TWDT-J/TWDT-D is a forfeit (won't happen in regular season with borrowing, but in playoffs is relevant.)
    -Not adding a 7th in TWDT-B counts as 5-Stars. You would then have 7-Star left in your final low-star spot.
    Not- adding a 6th in TWDT-B is a forfeit.
    Last edited by ogron; 02-15-2015, 09:12 AM.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Playing Down A Man

-Not adding a 5th player in TWDT-J/TWDT-D (8th player in TWDT-B) counts as 5-Stars. You would then have 7-Stars left in your final low-star spot (13-Stars left in TWDT-B).
      -Not adding a 4th in TWDT-J/TWDT-D is a forfeit
      -Not adding a 7th in TWDT-B counts as 5-Stars. You would then have 8-Star left in your final low-star spot.
      -Not adding a 6th in TWDT-B is a forfeit.

-----

Adding Player Over Star Limit

-Any kills/reps/active play that affects the game before the player either specs or is subbed will result in a 50-25 forfeit.
      -Active play includes (but is not limited to) terring, sharking, firing shots, or drawing fire.
      -A player being AFK in spawn or not moving is not forfeitable.
      -Captains and Assistants have clear Star-Limit sheets for every league (http://forums.subspace.tw/showthread...r-Rating-Lists) -- ignorance is not an excuse. Make sure your (A)s are aware of rules/sheets.
      -It is a Captains responsibility to make sure players he is borrowing are the correct star limit

-----

Also note, you MUST list 5-Star and 6-Star players in TWDT caps chat you're not using that are available to borrow. If Captains don't improve their forthcoming ways in helping the league and avoiding forfeits I will start penalizing them in tangible ways (Please don't make me add a rule for this, it's TWDT, the point is making sure as many people have fun as possible.)
      Last edited by ogron; 02-15-2015, 09:36 AM.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Bored at work on forums..... idea...... This in no way is a hate on the current status of twdt, because I'd say I enjoy twdt as much as twl because Im not stuck playing just javs and Ogron make this fun as crap. That being said, and we may have discussed this or not, but what about in the future...imposing a mandatory low star player being a shark or terr? I feel like in most cases, but not all, that teams fill up their low star spots into spids with the occasional markmrw/heaven underrated players. I mean this is about having fun and introducing new players into competition or forcing older players to move out of their comfort zone etc etc, but for the most part you see seasoned terrs/sharks combos leading spiders....I could be WAY off but I feel this could help shed more light on new player outside of spider?
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

If you check Turban's statistics thread you will notice that there has been about 6 low * sharks and 7 low star terrs used this far. Considering there is only 8 teams I think thats pretty high number

Comment

Did a little number crunching...the list I have has 247 players. Ave basing star rating is 6.46. Ave fighter in twdtb rating is 6.83. Ave Shark is 7.48. Ave terr is 7.59. My assumption was correct in assuming higher stars play the specialty ships. Thus, I think we should start making 1 of those 3 special ships a mandatory low star. Just my opinion

Originally posted by MHz
            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Fun fact i think that tj has used atleast 1 6*shark in 3/4 games so far and i as a 7* has played in all of them, so when were facing two 8* players in shark or a 9* and a 7* it actually has felt like it is a pretty big disadvantage
              Big Chill

Comment

a lot of teams are using 6 or 7 stars at the terr or shark position. in fact, there are only 3 starting terrs who are 8+: me, cintra, and mikkiz.

also quite a few teams that use 6/7-star sharks. your star averaging is misleading because you're just adding them up then dividing, rather than providing a % of players at that position.

also, even if that weren't the case, you generally want veterans in those specialty positions, as it helps the game flow and FR battles last longer. i doubt anyone will use two low-star sharks -- you'd never break cram in 8s (see Zizzo's Tool last year for evidence of this.)

moreover, given the constantly shrinking population (TWDT 2015 this sunday will have about 265-270 players; TWDT 2014 had 292) i want to give captains MORE flexibility, not less. the 6/6 and 7/5 system instead of mandatory 6/5 has reduced borrowing/potential forfeits by about 400% over last year.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

Again, im not saying we are doing anything wrong whatsoever, but I was just opening the floor up for discussion with a thought of shining some light on some more pontential sharks/terrs as opposed to the same group of the usual suspects. TWDT ftw

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Updated:

Trades

-The Trade Deadline is TUESDAY, MARCH 17 @ 11:59pm EST
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                    X