No announcement yet.

TWDT 2015 FINAL STANDINGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, i guess have fun this weekend. im going to go spend time with my family instead. probably like the 2 bye teams will

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

I was ready to have a vote about it, but the decision seems to be finalized unless Ogron had a change of heart overnight. this should be decided today or tomorrow by latest to give the teams sufficient amount of time to prepare for the coming games.

all the four participating teams will likely be in a weakened state this coming Sunday, some even more than others, but realistically speaking it is very unlikely to ever see teams field their strongest lineups in a competition -- whether it's the start of the playoffs, the finals or during regular season. I do agree with the argument that we should promote the playoffs to strive to have the best competition and lineups available for the teams, in the end this is also a draft tournament and teams will have to rely on the depth of their rosters to see them through the competition -- even if it means rolling the dice and getting lucky in terms of who can show to the game.

the teams who have a bye week have requested to not postpone the playoffs because it is very hard to keep draft teams interested if they have a waiting period of two weeks before they get to play their set of games.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
        were any of the previous ones during a playoff week?
        if my memory serves me correctly, there were no breaks due to it being regular season. I can't remember a single TWL season ending close (or during) easter, but can try to check through the history.

Comment

do something crazy and force the bye weeks to play against the other guys

make it a true seeded 8 team playoff then and force them to show as well if you insist on playing.

Comment

So the two bye teams have to wait 3 weeks to play if this Sunday is delayed? lol

Zeebu, a true 8th seeded playoff? Sure, reward the bottom two teams who missed the playoffs by a large margin of 6 pts..

Also, are you even in TWDT? Let alone I doubt you are relevant or played any games for your team...stop it man lol
            1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
            1:Zidane> congrats man
            1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
            1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
            1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
              In the end this is also a draft tournament and teams will have to rely on the depth of their rosters to see them through the competition -- even if it means rolling the dice and getting lucky in terms of who can show to the game.

the teams who have a bye week have requested to not postpone the playoffs
              Who's to say your 2nd/3rd stringers even show? Hell you might have forfits. That would be cute.

And of course they're not gonna request a postpone they're not playing.....

Comment

boycott!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
                  No delay imo. Events like this affect all teams proportionately (at least in the Christian world.) No good argument why it's unfair to any team in particular. Stayon & Maketso's teams both have a private interest in delaying.
                  I've already accepted the decision. But regardless, what's the "private" interest then? Im being pretty straight forward, when I want my best possible line, which is one of the reasons, you draft, pick free agents and trade, if not, what's the point then?

I got 3 important people out? 2 of them in jav, the other being zeebu, and Im talking about starters and first subs, not counting low stars. What about you? you ok?
                  Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                  Your friend,
                  ​​Papi
                  ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                    the teams who have a bye week have requested to not postpone the playoffs because it is very hard to keep draft teams interested if they have a waiting period of two weeks before they get to play their set of games.
                    Lets be honest here. No one gives two fucks about the 2 bye teams and what they want because they are not playing. We are not talking about people being out of practice or interested to play in a 2 weeks, but the 4 teams who are actually playing. We are talking about teams being able to even play at all or any sort of formidable showing. If you have 2 teams, half of the squads, wanting to postpone, it should not even be a debate as it is a family holiday. To do all that work and to have this season do so well, and then shit on it during playoffs and hope for the best? What are we in a hurry to do? TWL? Is there anything at all we are in a hurry to do?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how many weeks were there before the finals last season with the double elimination? I believe the winners bracket played 3 weeks later?

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...AYOFF-SCHEDULE

Someone add me a mic drop meme
                    1:waven> u challenge
                    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Not that I would ever expect any special treatment in TWDT, in fact I would expect quite the opposite given the circumstances but my team is going to be a shell of itself this weekend. WBs dont really matter much because we are going to lose that to WoD no matter who shows for us but theres a very good chance our jav/basing lines (which we could probably win playing blindfolded and backwards against WoD) will be missing half or more of our regular players. Would be a shame to see the only 7-0 basing team losing to the 6 seed because we had to play 6 or more 6*s and below, half of them borrowed from other teams. 3 weeks between games for the bye teams is pretty shitty but I don't think anybody even realized Easter was this weekend until the past 48 hours.

Also rumor has it that Easter is like another Christmas in Portugal. Stayon probably spent hours carving shoes out of old tires for his family, it would not even be civil to deprive them of this privilege that the rest of the world takes for granted. With the weather getting warmer, ground critters are starting to wake and become more active. Puta and his family need all the good will they can get in this time of need.
                      1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                      Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
                        Not that I would ever expect any special treatment in TWDT, in fact I would expect quite the opposite given the circumstances but my team is going to be a shell of itself this weekend. WBs dont really matter much because we are going to lose that to WoD no matter who shows for us but theres a very good chance our jav/basing lines (which we could probably win playing blindfolded and backwards against WoD) will be missing half or more of our regular players. Would be a shame to see the only 7-0 basing team losing to the 6 seed because we had to play 6 or more 6*s and below, half of them borrowed from other teams. 3 weeks between games for the bye teams is pretty shitty but I don't think anybody even realized Easter was this weekend until the past 48 hours.

Also rumor has it that Easter is like another Christmas in Portugal. Stayon probably spent hours carving shoes out of old tires for his family, it would not even be civil to deprive them of this privilege that the rest of the world takes for granted. With the weather getting warmer, ground critters are starting to wake and become more active. Puta and his family need all the good will they can get in this time of need.
                        I love you.
                        Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                        Your friend,
                        ​​Papi
                        ​​​​​

Comment

The bye weekend has been a subject in at least Thunder's TWDT chat for the past 2-3 weeks already.
                          We've worked hard to get there as it's been open info to all teams that it's going to happen.
                          Like MHz said it affects all teams evenly and all teams had a chance to get that little "break". Easter or not.

We've had plenty of seasons TWL, TWDT where people keep saying they can't show and won't show, yet still do.

Prolonging last TWL with double elimination/byes was a pain in the ass for staff, so it wasn't all a good thing.
                          3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                          3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                          3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                          3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                          3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                          3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                          3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                          3:Shadowmere> LOL
                          3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                          Shadowmere> Rofl
                          Up in ya !> With his feet
                          Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                          Up in ya !> l44t feet
                          Deft> l44t f44t*
                          Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                          Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Sertifi. View Post
                            The bye weekend has been a subject in at least Thunder's TWDT chat for the past 2-3 weeks already.

Originally posted by Sertifi. View Post
                            Prolonging last TWL with double elimination/byes was a pain in the ass for staff, so it wasn't all a good thing.
                            You're right. Lets not take Easter weekend to spend with our families. That would be a fucking terrible imposition on staff to have a week off from hosting. I'm also sure your conversation for 2-3 weeks involved saying "Let's win a bye week so we don't have to play on Easter weekend, because I would totally blow off my family for twdt"

Stfu please

Originally posted by MHz
                            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Maybe we should ask the people who got eliminated what they want to do? Maybe they don't feel like waiting 2 weeks to watch the semi-finals and would lose interest or maybe they want to blow off Easter to watch the quarter-finals? It might be a pain in the ass for them.

That's about as relevant as asking the people with a bye to postpone for Easter or imposing on staff.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

TWL was postponed for the Superbowl. But you can't postpone DT for a family holiday dinner which mad ppl travel for lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X