• Time
  • Show
Clear All

organize a boycott!!!

make the playoffs worthless unless they give in

stick it to the man!!!

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

not even surprised at twdt staffs stance on this. my team had to play down 4vs5 in a playoff game last twdt because one of our guys was made into a 6 star the week before and staff refused to give us a 5 star player. but thats another story!

#boycott
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Well blooms will be missing their top spider statistically and the 2nd ranked baser statistically in the league but "all teams miss players evenly". I'm sure we'll still win our base game but it's a shame this is even an issue. Our jav game on the other hand... we have a legit shot at losing an otherwise even/winnable game because 2 of our regular season starters can't show. Claus I've been commenting on how good a job you did running the league this season but you're making a mistake with this call because it doesn't directly affect your friends. Oh well, I'm going to boycott the league by not showing this weekend (see what I did there?)
        Dice
        TWLB Champions Season 8
        TWLJ Champions Season 8
        TWLB Champions Season 10
        TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+ View Post
          Well blooms will be missing their top spider statistically and the 2nd ranked baser statistically in the league but "all teams miss players evenly". I'm sure we'll still win our base game but it's a shame this is even an issue. Our jav game on the other hand... we have a legit shot at losing an otherwise even/winnable game because 2 of our regular season starters can't show. Claus I've been commenting on how good a job you did running the league this season but you're making a mistake with this call because it doesn't directly affect your friends. Oh well, I'm going to boycott the league by not showing this weekend (see what I did there?)
          The showrate of the top 100 players in the league is 63%. Starters miss 4 out of 10 games regardless. Your best spid can't show? Myself from 4 months ago will be glad to hear we're canceling matches because our best player can't show, I can add an extra TWLB medal to my name when we delay so Mattey can get those extra 7 seconds for the 3-0 sweep. I'll lose my TWDT-B medal from 2013 though since Ease was missing two starters when I beat him with a worse line by 1:30. Let's take away the San Antonio Spurs title from last year while we're at it since the Thunder would have beat them if Ibaka wasn't injured.

And lots of people I play this game with are in the quarter-finals (Racka, Turban, Weak, Mcvicar, Heaven, etc.) and are on all four teams. Zidane and Ease have been pretty unhappy with many decisions I've made this season, probably moreso than the rest of the caps.

If you don't think this is the most transparent TWDT season in memory, you obviously never played the last few seasons when Aura and K A N E ran the league.

I think a 2 week lull between any games is bad for the QF teams, and a 3 week lull is atrocious for bye teams. I have no vested interest in there being missing players because I don't know who it will end up affecting worse. It kills the momentum. Players are going to be unable to show whether it's Easter or not. It's part of the game. And there's no guarantee delaying it will change any of the outcomes.

That said, if you can get 3/4 of the QF caps to formally state they 100% want the QF postponed (or 4/6 of the caps left) I'll delay it. Both head ops (myself and Turban, who's on a team with a way worse showrate than yours, btw -- they played dtb a man down last week) are both opposed.

Otherwise, games will go ahead as planned.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

I'm down to skip TWDT on easter
            1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

It seems like 3 out of the 4 caps want a delay, although only maketso has been adamant about it.

I think a delay this long will do more harm than good, but if 75% of caps want it, so be it.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                The showrate of the top 100 players in the league is 63%. Starters miss 4 out of 10 games regardless. Your best spid can't show? Myself from 4 months ago will be glad to hear we're canceling matches because our best player can't show, I can add an extra TWLB medal to my name when we delay so Mattey can get those extra 7 seconds for the 3-0 sweep. I'll lose my TWDT-B medal from 2013 though since Ease was missing two starters when I beat him with a worse line by 1:30. Let's take away the San Antonio Spurs title from last year while we're at it since the Thunder would have beat them if Ibaka wasn't injured.

And lots of people I play this game with are in the quarter-finals (Racka, Turban, Weak, Mcvicar, Heaven, etc.) and are on all four teams. Zidane and Ease have been pretty unhappy with many decisions I've made this season, probably moreso than the rest of the caps.

If you don't think this is the most transparent TWDT season in memory, you obviously never played the last few seasons when Aura and K A N E ran the league.

I think a 2 week lull between any games is bad for the QF teams, and a 3 week lull is atrocious for bye teams. I have no vested interest in there being missing players because I don't know who it will end up affecting worse. It kills the momentum. Players are going to be unable to show whether it's Easter or not. It's part of the game. And there's no guarantee delaying it will change any of the outcomes.

That said, if you can get 3/4 of the QF caps to formally state they 100% want the QF postponed (or 4/6 of the caps left) I'll delay it. Both head ops (myself and Turban, who's on a team with a way worse showrate than yours, btw -- they played dtb a man down last week) are both opposed.

Otherwise, games will go ahead as planned.
                Your example of adding a title because Mattey didn't show is irrelevant. What your talking about is one player and is comparable to a team going to the Super Bowl and the one player missing the game due to injury. What I'm talking about is more comparable to two teams teams going to the Super Bowl and having a huge PED scandal wipe out half the starting lines for both teams. Yea the results would stand, but would anyone really want that? (Especially if it could be avoided)

Never did I say you were non-transparent with any of your decisions... Except for this one. Whether it's the truth or not, there's going to be a perception issue when you state you asked all captains and then right away the two I share a squad chat tell me otherwise. Especially when the couple that you cite by name are zidane/ease/turban. Is it fair on my part to come to this conclusion? Probably not, but when that's the only information presented to me and it's obviously in my best interest to have the games postponed, of course I'm going to complain. True transparency would have been a forum poll or post where only the captains could respond. If it had not gone my way, I would have been disappointed but I would have went down silently.

Anyway, I got what I wanted so I'll drop this now. Good job Claus, even if you don't think so.
                Dice
                TWLB Champions Season 8
                TWLJ Champions Season 8
                TWLB Champions Season 10
                TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+ View Post
                  Your example of adding a title because Mattey didn't show is irrelevant. What your talking about is one player and is comparable to a team going to the Super Bowl and the one player missing the game due to injury. What I'm talking about is more comparable to two teams teams going to the Super Bowl and having a huge PED scandal wipe out half the starting lines for both teams. Yea the results would stand, but would anyone really want that? (Especially if it could be avoided)
                  That's a pretty good point.

Originally posted by a2m
                  Never did I say you were non-transparent with any of your decisions... Except for this one. Whether it's the truth or not, there's going to be a perception issue when you state you asked all captains and then right away the two I share a squad chat tell me otherwise. Especially when the couple that you cite by name are zidane/ease/turban.

Anyway, I got what I wanted so I'll drop this now. Good job Claus, even if you don't think so.
                  I posed the question during TWDT on Sunday in the TWDT caps chat. The only response I saw that was negative was maketso's. If Stayon responded I didn't see it.

I honestly do feel that powering through Easter would be a better option for the league in general, and that this 3-week gap is brutal, but at the same time if I was a QF cap who had spent two months leading his team into the playoffs, I would probably want the delay, too. I usually trust Turban's opinion over mine in terms of objectivity, and he felt playing was the better option (and he's part of the QF on a team with a worse showrate.)

It definitely sucks for the bye teams, but being that I'm part of one of them I'd rather let the QF captains decide, if not anyone who gets eliminated will claim they were cheated, and may not play again next year.
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

Are quarter/semi-final games best of 3 rounds?
                    1:waven> u challenge
                    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                      Are quarter/semi-final games best of 3 rounds?
                      yes
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                      X