HOT or NOT -- WEEK 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LF View Post
    I'm not sure why my stats said I had only 2.33 average RPD, my 4 games I went 2.9, 3.0, 3.5 and 2.9 which is a (league leading) 3.075 average. I believe I am also missing a tek but idc. Even though my tek total was bad everything else that matters for a shark either was close to or above everyone else listed minus ph and his 150 kills per game. I'd be curious to see how my "rating" changes with accurate stats but in the end it doesnt really matter. I know I can still hang and I don't even play this game anymore
    I think it's a mistake in Turban's stats page, there's a few errors (Rasaq is listed twice on two different squads, Lasenza is missing a game, etc.) Wasn't intentional on my part.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
      and in the "overall" thing, I had an uncharacteristically low "66" in wb, not a 59, and if my basing stats got fixed from 2.33 to 3.07 I imagine that would help that rating go up too from a pitiful 68 to something a little more reasonable
      The 66 to 59 is correct; I corrected all the individual league ratings to be on a scale of 100. Best's 110 wb rating turns into 100 on the Overall, with the top player in every ship being the only one to receive the 100 in that respective league.

If someone finished #1 in every league they would have a perfect 300 Rating. JAMAL isn't too far off with a 264.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

I fixed your RPD to 3, it bumps your shark rating up to 78, and fixed the GP from 2 to 4, which increases your jav rating 10 for showing up value despite not playing that league score (always in italics).

These changes are reflected in the overall Top 100, and move your overall rating to 157. I'm too lazy to change the shark graphic atm, maybe if I have to make a few other changes to it.

Originally posted by LF
        ANd out of curiosity why do I (and a couple others) have a 10 in a league I never played (jav) while others have a 25 in a league they never played
        Because your value in javelin isn't 0 if you show. You're simply not being played. In the same way in advanced NBA metrics they use WAR (wins above replacement) -- a replacement has inherent value simply being on the floor and will get points/rebounds/assists even if he's terrible and never gets into the rotation.

I take the amount of games played, say 6, and give 5 rating per game you show, so someone who shows 6 GP would get 30 rating in that league despite not playing.

This helps smooth out the ratings and better represent a players overall value. If I have Trasher and only play him in base, and he's a 100 in it, I know Trasher is a 10-10 guy in wb/jav, he could easily get 50+ rating if Stayon played him. There are better players, however, so he shows but isn't getting in. Giving him 100+35+35=170 rating is more accurate than giving him 100+0+0=100 and some scrub on another team who has less competition for playtime gets 40+40+40=120 and is listed as more valuable this season.
        Last edited by ogron; 03-30-2015, 04:36 PM.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Erase this whole fukin thread from existence

none of this is real. a bunch of fukin Ralphs IRL made this and are snickering in a room somewhere with RaCka peeking through the door.

these rankings mean nothing. ratings are all MUCKY irl. I rate none of you, Foh Breh. Out here posted on these n's like "ayyyyyy", fuk a ratings thread. been out here since elenya...
          4:BigKing> xD
          4:Best> i'm leaving chat
          4:BigKing> what did i do???
          4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
          4:BigKing> ???? why though
          4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
          4:BigKing> xD

Comment

you forgot my gr8 11-10 wb victory in week 2 D: nice write up tho claus /turpin
            5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
            1:Cig <er>> ROFL
            1:fiS> LOL
            1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

Working...
            X