This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: We need 10 signups a day over the next 7 days to have 8 teams

Check out the TWDT 2016 Fall preview and ratings here.

Get the word out and tell people to sign up!

3 ways to sign up:

1) ?go TWDT and private message /!signup to TWDT-Bot

2) Via forums, here.

3) ?message Ogron in-game
    Last edited by ogron; 09-18-2016, 09:13 AM.
    top 100 basers list

Done - but there's only about 40 people on the list who aren't signed up and have a decent attendance record.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
      Done - but there's only about 40 people on the list who aren't signed up and have a decent attendance record.

Yeah. It's a bummer because the game has been in decline for years, but the last TWDT season that happened in 2016 had almost 300 people... it's not like it was two years ago or something... TWL has hurt the game for years, but this one has been especially rapacious... game fell off a cliff during S21.

The question becomes at what number do we say 6 teams instead of 8. We will hit 160 for sure... the question is, is 160/8 = 20... is 20 players per team enough? We haven't had a forfeit in years, but there are always close calls with base, where having 28 people on your team instead of 20 can be significant when only a % show up Sundays and you need 8 players to play.

The bigger issue is quality of captains. We have four great captains, but I'm not getting a lot of interest from veterans. It is significantly easier to find 6 good captains than it is to find 8, and as a player, your entire season depends on your Captain being competent and a good leader and not retarded, so 6 might not be a bad thing.

I'm worried that because of all these non-stop (and, frankly, ridiculous and unprecedented) delays in TWL there will be a lot of players who will want a break before jumping into TWDT, and not immediately sign up. Then we'll have a flood of players in FA and only 6 teams, and it will create a glut of players... which is good for captains, but bad for those who won't get to play.

I planned 3 weeks between TWL finals and TWDT draft, and they have cut it to 7 days. I don't think we'll hit 200 signups pre-FA, so it's going to be a tough call on whether to play with 6 or 8 teams.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
        Yeah. It's a bummer because the game has been in decline for years, but the last TWDT season that happened in 2016 had almost 300 people... it's not like it was two years ago or something... TWL has hurt the game for years, but this one has been especially rapacious... game fell off a cliff during S21.

The question becomes at what number do we say 6 teams instead of 8. We will hit 160 for sure... the question is, is 160/8 = 20... is 20 players per team enough? We haven't had a forfeit in years, but there are always close calls with base, where having 28 people on your team instead of 20 can be significant when only a % show up Sundays and you need 8 players to play.

The bigger issue is quality of captains. We have four great captains, but I'm not getting a lot of interest from veterans. It is significantly easier to find 6 good captains than it is to find 8, and as a player, your entire season depends on your Captain being competent and a good leader and not retarded, so 6 might not be a bad thing.

I'm worried that because of all these non-stop (and, frankly, ridiculous and unprecedented) delays in TWL there will be a lot of players who will want a break before jumping into TWDT, and not immediately sign up. Then we'll have a flood of players in FA and only 6 teams, and it will create a glut of players... which is good for captains, but bad for those who won't get to play.

I planned 3 weeks between TWL finals and TWDT draft, and they have cut it to 7 days. I don't think we'll hit 200 signups pre-FA, so it's going to be a tough call on whether to play with 6 or 8 teams.

Best trying to recruit today before/ during and after twld finals when people show up just to watch the game only.
        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

There are 300 players on the list.

Signed
          - 169 have not signed up
          - 131 have signed up

Requirement
          A team needs:
          - 5 javs
          - 5 wbs
          - 8 basers
          There's likely to be some overlap, so say...
          15 people.

Showrate
          - The average show rate of players signed up is 6.5
          - Excluding players with a show rate of 5 or less (who I mostly don't even recognise anyway, so don't expect them to show) there are 78 players signed up.

Teams =
          78 / 15 = 5.2 teams.
          You can't have .2 of a team, so.. 5 teams.
          To run 6 teams you need:
          15 * 6 = 90 signups with a show rate of 6 or more.
          i.e. 12 more.
          To run 8 teams you need:
          15 * 8 = 120 signups with a show rate of 6 or more.

There are 125 players on the list with a show rate of 6 or more, so you'd basically need all of them...

This is disappointing because the purpose of this league was to involve players normally excluded by TWL, or even TWD. Unfortunately those players are the same ones with a poor show rate, are they bad because they don't show? Are they not showing because they aren't getting play time? What's the deal...

Edit: Also, if the players who show up are the ones likely to show.. it's quite likely they won't be able to satisfy the 7/7/6 rule. A viable capping strategy would be to pick all the 6* and 7* players so nobody else can field a full line.

Comment

lol i appreciate the effort, but i don't think your math checks out

also that strategy wouldnt work because other teams would just borrow the 6s you're not using to fill their lines, and you would piss a ton of ppl off on ur own team.

i think we can have a really fun, competitive and successful season with 6 teams, but if we can get 200+ we'll stick to the traditional 8. we were planning to do 6 last season, but the signups were really fantastic so we kept it 8.

also, not everyone who will sign up is on the current list, especially returning players or new players. those are just most of the recent TWL and TWDT players, as well as select lists ive created from public statistics, twd statistics, and other sources to find active potential TWDT players.

we'll do our best today to get as many signups as possible during the TWLD Final to catch people logging in to watch.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
            X