No announcement yet.

Hot or Not -- Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot or Not Week 3 is complete (except for the stats, which will be up tomorrow) -- Enjoy!
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Hi, if you keep changing names every week I'm gonna 1) delete you from all stats 2) ban you after a warning

People on my shitlist: Weak, Weak <ZH> , Weak <making Ogron do extra work after he uses diff names and bout 2 get my foot up his butt>

I have to then manually go and re-combine all ur stats in every league, and I don't like having to do that. I'm not re-updating warbird just for one player, he can sit in #6 spot instead of #5.

Thanks.
      https://gyazo.com/6c5bace938ee1e9761d85f39976c309e
      top 100 basers list

Comment

I didn't neg in spider was like plus 25 or have 2.4 rpd had 2.8 rpd where u get this from? I knew when I pm'd you "CORNERS" in twdbt u wud vs me! atleast tell the truth why lie! u just upset u got slapped around in terr all day!

Comment

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
          Is this the right thread if I want to trade Ricko for Jebass?
          cud b for the rite price
          top 100 basers list

Comment

I know we spoke about this in private, but I'd like to make a formal open request for this week and all future basing statistics:

- Shark statistics algorithm to incorporate team spider and terr statistics
            - Terrier statistics algorithm to incorporate team shark statistics (in addition to the already taken into account spider statistics)
            - Spider statistics algorithm to incorporate team terr and shark statistics

As it stands only spider statistics are taken into account when determining terr statistics, so the algorithm falsely presumes that terr performance is solely based on spider performance and not on, for example, shark performance. Any baser knows that each ship plays a major role in success/failure in basing, so it would only make sense to incorporate the game score of each player in each ship on a team into each rated ship's statistics (as listed above). Otherwise, for example, a team of abysmal spiders will inflate a mediocre-performing terr's game score (and vice versa). However, if the mediocre terr (now rated high due to playing with bad spiders) had fantastic sharks, and that were taken into account, it would deflate their previously inflated game score and balance out the effect of their strong spids.

I know you care a lot about statistics and there's some great organization here, but there's significant bias introduced into the ratings unless each ship is taken into consideration when designing the statistics.

Another nice addition would be "time for" and "time against," for each player so that players that have the most time against them can have a slight boost in their rating and players with the least time against them can have a slight reduction in their rating (as this implies harder, and easier games played, respectively).
            Last edited by Pressure; 10-31-2016, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X