No announcement yet.

Make TSL Great Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The easiest thing would be to completely separate twlb from twld and twlj and impose a strict roster limit, ie 10 man twl roster if you are in both twld and twlj. This would force some top players to split and also make people join new teams. Some people who are mainly basers may be forced to twlj and twld on a different squad while still helping that team be more competitive.

Then if there's a demand for it run twlb where you could play on a different team than you wbd and have javd on if you wanted or just do more basingcups. Obviously this is if there's interest

Comment

Make Trench Wars Great Again

I won't reenter into the twl talk because i'm not hyped anymore but I got something else I want to talk about, since I got reactions for twl I'll take profit to get reactions for this other subject. By the way sorry Ogron for derailing your thread again but I have more chance to make a flop if I open a new one.

Make TWEL and TWDL Great Again
      hoping it is not one of those relics newbies don't have the right to touch :vanish:

Once, I gave an idea about copying professional tennis formula for TWEL, so since I can't get my new formula for TWL I thought about it again. At first I thought about 2 revisited TWEL per year but it's the best way to shit on the prestige of the league, it's like 2 superbowls per year. Then I remember Sir Glyde gave the idea of alternate with TWDL, which is perfect. I even find a way to bet real money, it just need someone trustworthy, so only the sysop I guess, in hopes he won't "buy a shirt for his son".

Pros and cons :

+ Everybody is welcome, even Cyclone or myself
      + Schedule adjustable to fit with everyone's life
      + Can be run while running other leagues, it's even advisable..

- .. because it consist of only one duel per week for evey players still on competition.(*)

What does it looks like?

It looks like "ATP World Tour", with slight changes, and it consist of two Grand Slam tournaments :

-TWEL aka solo
      -TWDL aka double.

3 divisions per tournaments : Duel Warbird, Duel Javelin and Duel Spider (and not hold the flag game or whatever shit)

16 seeds per division, per tournament, based on points earned during the run (Last TWEL+TWDL per division; for first season do seeds manualy) :

500 points for winner
      250 points for runner-up
      100 points for semifinals
      50 points for quarterfinals
      25 points for round of 16
      10 points for round of 32

An exemple to help to understand how rankings are made:

We already played many seasons, now we gonna play TWEL so to determine rankings do as follow :

In warbird Ease lost in final in the last TWEL, so he got 250 points, and won with Steadman in TWDL, so he got 500 points. Which makes 750 points.

Still in warbird Steadman lost in semifinals last TWEL, so he got 100 points, and so won with Ease in TWDL, so he got 500 points. Which make 600 points.

The tournament is over, Ease lost in quarterfinals, so he earn 50 points, and lose 250 points. Which makes a total of 550 (750 initialy + 50 earned - 250 because now those points come from two saisons ago).

While Steadman lost in semifinals again, so his points won't change (+100 for the semifinal -100 to erase the TWEL of two saison ago) so still 600 points.

So in the new warbird ranking Steadman will overtake Ease.

To make the seeds :

Still on warbird, let's imagine the number one ranked is Ease. Ease signed up, he is seed #1.
      Number two ranked is RaCka but he didn't signed up, so who's next?
      Number three ranked is Steadman, he signed up, so he is seed #2.
      And so on .. until we got 16 seeds.

In TWDL everybody play with who he wants to, just add both players points to make the seeds.

What drawing?

The drawing size need to be adjusted by taking into considerations the amout of sign-ups for the tournaments, but the structure remains the same. It is a simple drawing like used for playoffs in subspace leagues, but a bigger version. From the round of 32 to the final it is like a tennis Grand Slam, if seed #1 beat his unseeded opponent he will face the winner of seed #16 vs an unseeded. And so on, 2 with 15..

The difference is that in TWEL/TWDL formula, the 16 seeds starts from the round of 32. The amount of rounds depends on the amount of sign-ups, some unseeded players could have one additional round compare to some others.

Unseeded are randomized. There is always a possibility of the #1 seed facing a legendary player in the round of 32 because all unseeded will be returning vets, or at least almost.

* Every preliminary rounds are bestof1. From the round of 32 to the semifinals bestof3. Final bestof5.

What schedule?

Every games of every rounds must be played between Monday 00:01am and Sunday 11:59pm of one particular week, except for preliminary rounds who must be played on one week even if two preliminary rounds are needed. Staff send a message in game to each players to make them find a moment when they will be able to show, by talking in game. Place the final on a Sunday 3:00pm if possible.

Concerning the follow up by staff, all they need is a message send by the winner to tell them the score. Screenshots are advisables as some Steadmans might want to play.

Bet and win! I doubt this could work, but in an older era it could have worked

I found a "safe" way to offer real money, as players offered some money that the winner earn in past seasons. I will explain it by using an exemple (a player can only bet on himself):

It's TWEL-J, from all the players, 7 have placed a bet, I add one who didn't placed any bet to use as exemple for all others who don't.

Ease is confident, he placed 200$
      Amnesti get crasy and placed 300$
      Major Crisis don't believe on him but still place 10$ in case of
      Tiny believe on him but have spend to much this month, he still placed 100$ because he love to play
      zidane have no balls he didn't bet anything
      Dreamwin follow Tiny and placed 100$
      24 want to bet but his wife gonna get really mad if he start using their money to bet on his stupid game, he still placed 20$.
      Then RaCka placed 50$ in case of as he know he will be even more concentrate with his own money on game.

If Ease win, he got his money back plus 200$ maximum from every bets, so 480$ (680 by counting his own bet). Amnesti got 100$ of his bet back.
      If Amnesti win, he earn every bets.
      If Major Crisis win, he earn 60$ + his 10$ back. If 17 players had bet just 10$ he would have earned 170$.
      And so on.

I think it's a better way to reward money to the winner since someone who don't give money indeed don't deserve to win money to me, I find terrible that someone give 200$ someone else 100$ .. and someone who give nothing win everything.

This could add some dramas too, I can imagine in my exemple a Ease/zidane final, zidane lose and dreamwin get mad because he is sure zidane let Ease win.

Conclusion

Let's make a "Leagues Op War", competition is the best vector of performance, it goes for Leagues Op too. Henry Saari and his herd got TWDT and the Basing Cup and whatever they want, Ogron got TSL and if he is interested can take my formula and change all the settings he want. You could even add what zeebu and Dreamwin want, 3v3 and 4v4. Could make some competitions to play once per year as I said and competitions to play all on the same day/week and earn 10% of points (50 for the winner for exemple)or whatever else. You could do whatever you want i'm sure it got some potential. I could help if i'm here and you ask, and you could even choose the name.

And concerning the prestige of competitions like TWL or TWEL it should be use for the good of TW instead of some e-egos purpose only. Nobody is a kid anymore but it's a fact that some TWL/TWEL medals can attract more people, let's not lie about this. We just need to make leagues competitively enough to not shit on the prestige.

Oh, and concerning TWD my opinion is that only Fork understood the way it should go, customization, not competition. A TWD team should be like your house in Trench Wars, create personnal arenas, change walls place and add banners/colors, and be able to face opponents in your arena if they are agree. Do revenge on their arena if you want, then play some regular games. Could even add a reset every month and add a function on roster page to show how many months this team ended first. Then could keep the "no lost points" system to favor activity, but please erase the +5 for a lose. It might need a lot of work and I don't know what can be technicaly done.

Finally, their is an other thing that I did not experience because I'm a newbie, and I would like to bring back, it's Lil piggy. I would like to make a TWD team with her as captains, call it Dreams, use ForgottenGhost's ass banner and make a team arena doing the shape of her butt with walls. I could attract many big names and own the game. But I have no idea how to bring her back unfortunately.

thanks for reading now please give me your opinion :freak:

Comment

If you wanted to get betting involved I suggest looking into crypto. Can write up smart contracts for payouts. tw could set up a donation fund to be used for tournament payouts, player achievements, etc.

Comment

Lol at the thunder saltiness saying the last TWL was "unsuccessful" when it was competitive in the playoffs starting from
          Quarters to finals.

I remember Cobra was going to lose to Dice in semi's if it wasn't for commodo big 3fer and trasher playing well the entire series to keep us in it. Wish he could of played in the finals because he was a big part of the line. Anyway, any team could of won LJ.

Even though thunder stacked all 3 leagues, they still managed to get smashed...
          1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
          1:Zidane> congrats man
          1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
          1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
          1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

7-10pm timeslots are bad ;/
            WB WORST SHIP EVER LUL

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post

Finally, their is an other thing that I did not experience because I'm a newbie, and I would like to bring back, it's Lil piggy. I would like to make a TWD team with her as captains, call it Dreams, use ForgottenGhost's ass banner and make a team arena doing the shape of her butt with walls. I could attract many big names and own the game. But I have no idea how to bring her back unfortunately.

thanks for reading now please give me your opinion :freak:

Comment

Originally posted by Rough View Post
                Lol at the thunder saltiness saying the last TWL was "unsuccessful" when it was competitive in the playoffs starting from
                Quarters to finals.

I remember Cobra was going to lose to Dice in semi's if it wasn't for commodo big 3fer and trasher playing well the entire series to keep us in it. Wish he could of played in the finals because he was a big part of the line. Anyway, any team could of won LJ.

Even though thunder stacked all 3 leagues, they still managed to get smashed...
                Have to agree with some of this - whilst regular season might have been a shit show in large parts with the lesser teams collapsing, especially in TWLD, the playoffs were still very competitive for TWLJ and TWLB with both leagues having at least 4 strong teams. The only league that really suffered was WB as TWDD activity was non-existent and there were only about 2 teams who had players even log in mid week for a number of months, and only about 3 teams who even had 'top' wbs in their lineups (this is not related to Cobra not winning TWLD but analysing the state of competitive wbing in the zone).
                TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Working...
                X