DT-D Week 5 Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT-D Week 5 Preview

It's almost the start of the weekend....and time for another preview! Many modifications have been made to several teams' warbird lineups, and it will be very interesting to see if those teams who found new success can continue their run, especially with the added teams to the playoff schedule. Time for a late push!

GAME 1
    TERRORIST over PURE LUCK

Terrorist should take this game no sweat if the likes of Wirah and Sprackle can do their own job to support star vys. Maketso has found new success in ship 1, so I expect him to see more play time at a 7* spot. Although Pure Luck acquired valuable multi-ship Singer and straylord Pineapple Express, that just won't cut it against one of the better warbird teams this season even through touchy Shadowmere's efforts.Terrorist 2-0 in matchup.

CRIMINAL break even POWER

The last time these two teams met it came down to the wire and a huge ending play by captain Zidane to notch the win for Power. The strengths of each side are pretty even, so I feel like this match will be determined by whichever side's low stars manage to survive the longest to give their team the numbers advantage (Beast/Zizzo vs bram/ro). Okyo has been having sub-par performances mostly throughout the season, so he needs to step up and not rely on Ogron to carry the weight. However, if I were to pick a victor I would have to give this game's edge to Criminal due to Power's Week 4 slump. 1-1 in Head-to-Head.

HALO over SPIDER

In the first encounter the game wasn't even close, but that was before Spider acquired warbird mains Kentaro and Rasaq. Although losing aprix, these new additions have no doubt bolstered this team's weakest division to ignite some hope. However, Halo has shown the most consistency throughout the season, especially last week where all top teams except them slightly faltered. I foresee this game to be much closer than the last, but the core group for Halo will be too much for Attacks, Rasaq, Kentaro, and captain Mhz to handle. Halo 2-0 in matchup.

DEMACIA over TREYWAY

With the addition of first pick LaSenza in FA, Demacia's warbird team has undergone a complete 180 turn. On the opposite side, Treyway got absolutely dumpstered by Halo when they did not have their full starting lineup. If either Rucci or Nipple can keep up and not particularly suck, the likes of LaSenza, Iron, and Trasher will be too much for Treyway to handle. Treyway should look to isolate the two 6*s out to earn themselves the necessary advantage they need. If they don't, I expect a 3-0 streak for the revamped Demacia wb roster. 1-1 in Head-to-Head.

GAME 2
    DEMACIA over TERRORIST

This might be an overvalue of the double 10* lineup, but Iron and LaSenza showed dominance the first week they were paired together. My prediction is for the duo and Trasher to continue streaking through the warbird division up to 4-0. Perhaps if Caos shows and captain dwin manages to sort a line out to fit both vys and Caos, it would give them a stronger force to combat them. 1-1 in Head-to-Head.

TREYWAY over SPIDER

I expect Treyway to bounce back sharply from a Game 1 loss to Demacia with a lit spark in their eye. Trapped has always put in reliable and consistent performances for his team, and would need at least one to two of Paky Dude, Myollnir, or morph/Maito_Chi to step up and ease the weight off his back. If either Rasaq or Kentaro doesn't show for their games for whatever reason, Spider is in big trouble. Treyway 2-0 in matchup.

HALO over POWER

The match last time these teams met was determined by an abysmal outing from Halo's 6* position plus no Zapata. As clearly shown what difference he can make when he is in the lineup, I expect this round to go down to the wire, and the top core of Halo to narrowly edge out Power's top birds for a late push in the 40s to seize the win. 1-1 in Head-to-Head.

CRIMINAL over PURE LUCK

Criminal's core of beam/RaCka/Geio is simply too strong for Pure Luck. If they can capitalize on Beast or continue to make Zizzo suck in ship 1, then Shadowmere and Singer may be able to make something happen. But as it seems if Pure Luck is to qualify for playoffs it might have to be through the other two divisions. Criminal 2-0 in matchup.

Enjoy!
Working...
X