Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need 1 more cap (again) + To-Do List (ie, need some ppl to step up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 1 more cap (again) + To-Do List (ie, need some ppl to step up)

[Jun 28 00:19] Violence: i cant b ciptin nemore

Anyway, I'm 100% done with this crap, I'm not a TWDT op, not my job to hunt down captains or get signups, already done too much. Someone else can track down a final cap and host the draft.

When you get the final 8 captains and team names, let me know and I'll update the graphic.

I'll keep updating the signup sheet.

To-Do List:

1) Need an 8th captain

2) Captains need to pick team names if they haven't already

3) Someone needs to set up and host the draft for 8 teams on July 7th since Ease can't show and do the draft lottery

4) Ease has to post ratings in the next few days

5) Ease has to update the rules page for 8 teams

6) Staff has to setup hosting and whatnot

7) Wirah needs to update the TWDT website

Need some people to step up and help get this done. Thanks.
    top 100 basers list

If ease is hosting TWDT, why isnt he the one posting on forums about this stuff? What exactly is he doing?
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
      If ease is hosting TWDT, why isnt he the one posting on forums about this stuff? What exactly is he doing?
      Agreed..he hasnt had one post and hes not even signed up
      In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
      twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
      twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Originally posted by afghan View Post

Agreed..he hasnt had one post and hes not even signed up
        I told Claus I would run things once he got everything set up. He's worked hard getting others to sign up and promoting interest in the league. I will be finalizing the ratings likely by the end of tomorrow night, and will update the rules page to reflect 8 teams.

Claus does not want to run TWDT and cap at the same time, which is my main purpose for running TWDT. Once the league starts, he will have no further involvement as a TWDT Op and will be acting as a captain only. My responsibilities will include making sure all of the games are started, ruling on any potential appeals, and making sure that once the league actually starts it runs without issue.

As for why I am not signed up...I never had any intention or interest in playing TWDT. Since I'm willing to help out and will not be on any team, it puts me in the best position possible to reduce any potential bias.
        Phiz> I probably am gay
        Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

If we don't get an 8th cap by tomorrow theres no TWDT?

I've never really capped a TWDT so I probably won't have too much of an idea of what I'm doing. And I don't know if I'm at a 100% showrate every Sunday because of work but I will probably show most.

If you guys can consider a co-cap with me I can volunteer to be the 8th if we don't have anyone else. Only volunteering because if this is the only way TWDT will run tomorrow....

For competitions sake though, would hope to have a co-cap with me.
          Last edited by Efhat; 06-29-2019, 08:36 PM.
          FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
          #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

#Cripple4President2020

Comment

Cripple,

Thank you for the offer. The draft is still a week off, so we've got plenty of time to find an 8th captain, so no need to volunteer just yet. I appreciate your willingness to step up.
              Phiz> I probably am gay
              Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

Originally posted by With Ease View Post
                Cripple,

Thank you for the offer. The draft is still a week off, so we've got plenty of time to find an 8th captain, so no need to volunteer just yet. I appreciate your willingness to step up.
                Okay let me know. If no one steps up I will. And if you can't get me a co-cap then I'll try my best to do it myself. I was just making the recommendation for competitions sake.

and if I get picked, I won't back out. You can count on me in 100% if no one else does it.
                FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Cripple is a great idea but a co-cap is a bad idea, Flew and Singer are going to handle it all by themselves like big boys, and I know you got this as well Cripple.

Comment

Claushouse someone already manning the excel spreadsheet? if not i can do that for the little i can contribute as caps choose their picks if needed

Comment

Um I'm pretty sure ixador volunteered ages ago...
                      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

The reason I backed out after saying I would captain is that I know how important good/stable/knowledgeable captains are to a successful draft league. Hz runs a draft league every other season, and has had a few syndrim ciptins make the league a lot worse. After giving it more thought and realizing I don't care about trench wars that much, and having just finished captaining a 3 league squidrin, I thought it would be better for the league if someone with more motivation stepped up as the last captain

I am also a ciptin in hz and have irl vsing me as does everyone. I am able to be present on Sundays though, so I suppose I could do it. I stopped caring about my trench wars performance when i was 14 years old which is 16 years ago, however can still care about performance in basing because if I mess around as shark I fk over the whole team feel bad. Am not the bist shirk but I can give effort becuz letting team down is wirst feeling. Thats why am able to give effort in hz, because its a team game and you can't have any garbige players/weak links/ppl not do their jibs

In warbird/javelin I have 0 motivation to conserve deaths/try to stay alive/care. I still have a gr8 time playing them, but I have 0 pride in performance and don't care enough to avoid strays and b stealth like when i was 14 yrs old. Somehow other 30 yr olds still care. I know if i do give effirt I could compete/fk anyone becuz am powerful pilot if wantid however these bursts only happen 5% of time

Not that any1 gives a fk about my above speech or my reasoning for not being ciptin, but just wanted to vs explanation

Having said this, even though am more of a hockey zone playir, I still love this game and want it to prosper for as many yrs as possible. The thought of managing a team of whiny toddlers with sub 10 inch verticals every sunday wasn't appealing when I thought about it, but I also want to do my part to have a healthy game. I have a good amount of experience as ciptain, a decent or at least requisite knowlidge of trench wars player base and abilities, and am able to be present on Sundays. If nobody else steps up to captain, am available to do it and will give best effirt

Sorry for the inconvenience I caused by saying I would do it, thinking about it and then backing out, and now saying I will do it again if neetid after many death threats and a little more thought

Even though Ogrin is a questionable human being at best, he puts lots of effort into this which i respect/appreci8. will do my part to help have a good league if cripple/attacks/ne1 else isnt able

SRY FOR ESSAY

Comment

Gud speech viop.
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Captains

1. Rough -- Slytherin
                            2. Zizzo -- Fish
                            3. Ogron -- Gryffindor
                            4. Trasher -- Lag & Luck
                            5. Singer --- Pirates
                            6. Flew --- Mist
                            7. Tiny -- Paddington
                            8. Racka -- WIN OR DIE

Emergency Captains

A. Attacks (if draft at 5pm and not 3pm)
                            B. Cripple (only if absolutely necessary)
                            C. Ixador (nuclear option)

Racka has stepped up, with Cripple as the main backup unless Attacks can somehow make it in time.
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

Captains are set.

Backup captains are in place.

Artwork is done.

Signups are close enough to 160 for 8 teams.

Ratings are done.

---

Thanks to those who helped and stepped up.

I believe Ease is organizing the draft hosting, and Bitsaver is working on getting boxscores and stats to the TWDT website with Wirah.

Looking good for the draft 7 days from now.
                              top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                              X