FA Draft Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FA Draft Predictions

with Rodney's addition, gonna make a prediction on how the FA draft will play out (taking into consideration individual prowess in the ships they play most often + what each team needs). This is in no means to influence any of the captains' picks, just for fun to see how accurate ill be at the very end ha

1. Mcvicar to Fish. Hands down, Zizzo picking mcvic up upgrades Fish's basing team dramatically, putting together a very aggressive shark duo in morph/mcvic. They need to control when to be aggro or defensive to protect their terr Heaven, as he has fallen from the top-tier level terriers of Mikkiz, Ogron, and thix. Heaven has to show to play as terrier, as if Zizzo is forced to move to terr it will significantly diminish Fish's spider power.
    2. Okyo to Haze. Just as a precaution, Rough should double check with him if he is able to show. If he can, he will be a massive pickup for this team. Iron (although still rated the top) has not been as dominant ever since a disappointing TWL exit with Monster. He will be looking to bounce back with some soild warbird performances on Haze, and okyo might be that extra support (probably rated 9*) that will help bolster that, funneling that Potenza magic. Okyo will also be a fair pickup for javelin as well, giving Rough another option for another mid-star veteran who is more than capable of putting up the big numbers.
    3. Poid to Gryffindor. In consideration of star values across the board, Para nor Rodney hits the mark in what's needed with how claushouse has drafted. Their basing team already looks solid, so the FA pick will probably be used to bolster their javelin line as Gryffindor's wb line seems pretty firm as well. Poid provides a reliable option for claus to experiment on (probably 7-8*) to solidify their jav line and be a legitimate threat to all three leagues at once.
    4. Rodney to WIN OR DIE. Seems like RaCka forgot that more than one division (warbird) existed. Considering the remaining options left on the table, Rodney will be the no-brainer choice for WIN OR DIE if he is still available after the first 3 picks. Already faced with questionable activity from their star player DWTrain, allocating Rodney to starting shark will give RaCka some options in how to structure his DT-B team, especially after picking up Major Crisis. Rodney will also provide RaCka's javelin team with another mid-star player option.
    5. Paradise to Lag & Luck. Unfortunately for Trasher, the two good to fair warbirds in Okyo and Poid will definitely be gone in the first 4 picks (unless some more vets sign up soon). But heck, i don't even know if Trasher even remotely cares about that division at all. This pick gives him more options yes, but also a "block pick" preventing any team further down the line from stealing the best option left on the table.
    6. Magnum Size to Mist. Flew did a good job in drafting fairly balanced for DT-D and DT-J. PIcking up Magnum will allow him to relocate turban to shark to tandem with beamir, while not diminishing spider power too much. There shouldn't be too much concern about this move, as Maito will still be able to lead the way in the spider push.

From this onward, the picks can go in whatever order as both Paddington and Pirates drafted well overall for all 3 divisions. However, I'd like to see Sulla be picked up by Pirates as Singer did not make a very smart move trading away both his potential substitute players for basing. He needs to pick for that division to give himself a secondary option if any of his main team fails to show.
    Last edited by ixt; 07-12-2019, 10:22 AM.

Rough take Rodney 100%sure, Haze weakness is base and especially sharks. So far the two first picks are McVicar and Rodney probably in this order, depending on ratings and coach choices.

Comment

I think this is very tough to predict.
      Ratings will affect it. Plus whatever caps learn from their first games.
      Still a couple of weeks for people to sign up so it could all be different by then.
      Every team should get someone useful.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post
        Rough take Rodney 100%sure, Haze weakness is base and especially sharks. So far the two first picks are McVicar and Rodney probably in this order, depending on ratings and coach choices.
        with the current players available, its mcvicar first pick guaranteed. yeah rodney could go 2nd, probably the only thing that might change

Comment

RaCka will be hoping rough doesn't take him tho, as if he loses the chance to pick Rodney then he really has a problem in structuring his basing team. Also, if rough picks Rodney then willby can kiss this season's playtime goodbye lol

Comment

Rodney cost less than McVicar that's his advantage. We have Morph who's not a clown, Rodney could make the work for less *, while Haze clearly need McVicar because he got the experience to play with a "worse" shark, Rodney always been the 2nd shark on his teams so far. Not telling he is unable to do it. Also it became pretty hard for the 10* in this structure, I mean for exemple the starter I choose in my thread for Fish, if we change Maketso (8*) for McVicar (usully 10*) we got to remove a 8* spider to play a 6*. Zizzo can scratch his head.

Comment

No, WillBy will be his partner I think, and RaCka just traded a pair of shark and he's aware he won't get neither McVicar nor Rodney.

Comment

Also I didn't analyzed DT roster before the draft but I'm surprised many teams got plenty options as terrier, but as expected shark is a bit complicated. This is the first time since I started this game end 2016 that we have 8 base teams in a tournament. Depending on showrates, we could see "new" sharks.

Comment

With the experience and overall credibility it would bring to the overall team, I'd pick mcvic 9 times out of 10, ONLY because of u bringing up the star value consideration. Nah but if it comes to it I'm sure we will have a 6* spid ready

Comment

I'm ready lol

Comment

I wouldn't say "new" sharks more like "have sharked before and having to bring it out of the dusty basement again" kinda deal haha

Comment

Adorable stuff in here

Comment

Stay hidden you pussy

Comment

However if Rough privileged his shark pair over his spider line, Rodney would be a better choice for Hulk for * reasons. If there's no Ease or such player to appear before FA Draft, those 2 players should fight for 1st pick.

Comment

Working...
                            X