TWDT Cash Payout: Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beam View Post

Please provide more specific examples of what you are requesting. It's possible that you may have some great ideas and if you provide a more detailed breakdown, some portion may be taken under consideration. Currently your idea of spreading out the money, while reasonable, is too vague and generalized to be considered constructive.
    Well I won't put too much time into this as my ideas are never taken due to bias. but.. for example.. how about PER GAME payouts. Make a few little payouts every game so it is spread out will be an incentive.. and as I say .. ALL players who sign up need a chance like anyone else to make a prize otherwise using money as incentive will have little effect.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

i think every playir that plays minutes for a team that wins a league should get $. Eefin if this playir only plays 1 round of wirbirt, she contributed to the title

also, maybe the MVP of each playoff team in each league should get $, or even the mvp of every single team in each league. This could be voted on by a select panel, or given out by the teams ciptin.

If someone has a gr8 record for a team that misses the playoffs, this person should be eligibil for prize by beink votid team mvp of that league

the rpd shirk idea is horrindis. for basing the only ppl that should get $ are all the players that played atleast 1 mitch on the finals winning team, and the 1 MVP per team as voted by select panel or given out by the ciptin if u ask me

Could also give $ for league wide awards such as bist shirk in the league, bist terr in the league, top 3 spidirmin in the league

i dun think winning ciptins should get any additionil $. for exampil if my squidrin wins twdtj am probably not startink and i didnt do nething othir than insirt playirs who do all the wirk, y the fk shud i get extra $. i should pribibly get no $, or the same amount of $ as if i was regulir playir, not extra

Comment

I agree with Jessup

We could do some funky awards to try and spread it around
        Most greens
        Most 2-Fers
        Most R4s
        Best K/D as 6*/7*..
        Worst K/D with most games won

Many people play casually with a janky setup and they should still have a shot at winning something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
          I agree with Jessup

We could do some funky awards to try and spread it around
          Most greens
          Most 2-Fers
          Most R4s
          Best K/D as 6*/7*..
          Worst K/D with most games won

Many people play casually with a janky setup and they should still have a shot at winning something.
          Is it really worth giving people $5 for participating when we can make real prizes that incentivize elite players to return and compete? I doubt Wirah had "let's give everyone $5 for playing" on his mind when he donated the prize money, else he would have just given everyone active $5...

Comment

every award idea cape listid is horrendis except if we use *'s then i think an award for best k/d or most kills for each * lefil wud b gud. fk those othir terribil gimmick prizis

Comment

Most i's used in chat another good one

Comment

Participation awards are a bad idea no offence Jessup but you should not get an award just for showing up. You should have to at least do SOMETHING to earn it. Even if it is something silly like gobbling up the most greens lol.

Pressure If we do something like least deaths per game in terr, there should be a minimum time played requirement. Maybe make it deaths per minute (not per 30, no fake stats please) instead of per game, it would be really easy to sub in the last 10 seconds of a match you're winning to go 1-0 in terr with 0 deaths.
                Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                (10 seconds later)
                rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

I think the two objectives for the cash prize should be figuring out how to spread it out, and how to reward great performances... I would suggest we reward the top performers for regular season by their star slot (whatever formula we end up agreeing on) and then bonuses per mvp in playoff / finals rounds that way its spread out on multiple teams to multiple people including lower star players
                  1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post
                    Participation awards are a bad idea no offence Jessup but you should not get an award just for showing up. You should have to at least do SOMETHING to earn it. Even if it is something silly like gobbling up the most greens lol.

Pressure If we do something like least deaths per game in terr, there should be a minimum time played requirement. Maybe make it deaths per minute (not per 30, no fake stats please) instead of per game, it would be really easy to sub in the last 10 seconds of a match you're winning to go 1-0 in terr with 0 deaths.
                    Hey nip. I never have said people get prizes for just showing up and participating really. I said each player who signs up for twdt should have a chance though to get one and not be shut out by bias. Example someone has some beef with another player and they wind up on same team. Player A purposely benches player B just because they wanna. That is not good obviously.. I feel everyone should be allowed to play and get a chance at least for a prize.

But come to think of it.. I think it could be a blast to have a random prize set to num generator drawing one player receives out of everyone who signs up at the end of the season. That would be a cool prize to include everyone for example. Get creative with prizes to incentivize everyone who signs up is what I am shooting for in my input on this. Sure most prizes should be based on doing well and good stats but not EVERY prize has to be so because we all know only a few will be taking those. Just mix it up some, spread the money around. We want interest in it so it is important to spread SOME of the cash around. I also feel is vital to successfully having a good season that creates interest to bring a decent turnout.
                    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

here's my initial proposal on how to distribute the money generously that has been generously donated by Wirah.

the general idea is to add a bunch of smaller prizes that players can compete to win during the regular season while also introducing additional incentives for 6-star, 7-star, and 8-star players. keep in mind that this is only a rough draft and by no means official. it would be possible to add some more playoff rewards by removing some of the more redundant ones (such as highest kills for lower star brackets). it is also possible to further thin out prize distribution to introduce additional awards or even challenges of sorts.

as an example we could set aside 50 to 100 dollars and give it out to players who reach certain milestones, such as a race where first 5 players to reach 15 kills in one round would receive a small payout.

Click image for larger version  Name:	bd96753721.png Views:	0 Size:	87.7 KB ID:	1345431

Most Kills = overall most kills in the regular season.
                      Highest Kills = highest kill count achieved in a single regular season match.
                      Most Knockouts = most players eliminated by a player during the regular season
                      Best K/D Ratio = self-explanatory, require a minimum of 4 games played to qualify.
                      Most MVPs = most MVP awards given to a player by the bot during the regular season
                      Best KPM = highest kills per minute statistic, require a minimum of 4 games played to qualify.
                      Best Rookie (6/7/8) = best ranked 6/7/8-star player in the league according to gamescore rankings.
                      Runner-Up (6/7/8) = second highest ranked 6/7/8-star player in the league according to very simple GameScore ranking formula.
                      Highest Kills (6/7/8) = highest kills count achieved in a single regular season match within their rating bracket.
                      GameScore (1/2/3) = top three players of the regular season according to a very simple GameScore ranking formula.
                      Most TeKs = most terriers killed during the regular season.
                      Highest TeKs = highest terrier kill count achieved in a single regular season match.
                      Highest Average RPD = highest average RPD of a shark, require a minimum of 4 games played to qualify.
                      Most FTs = most flags captured for your team during the regular season.
                      Lowest DPM = lowest death per minute statistic, require a minimum of 4 games played to qualify.
                      Title (Captain) = given to championship captains in each league.
                      Round MVP = player who was declared the MVP during finals by the bot. 10 dollars per award up to maximum of 30 should it be a best of three series.
                      Series MVP = players (or captains) vote to determine who was the series MVP in the finals.

Comment

why are you promoting everyone to play like a lobster in spider ??

actaully what really sucks is the shark part. having sharks not play w their team and instead dead-set on bombing every chance they can conjure is the fkn pits.

would be rad if all u big brains around here could come up with a way to distribute the money that didnt result in the best of the 3 leagues turning into a shit fest pubathon

The Mind of the Father
                        Riding on the subtle guiders
                        Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                        Of relentless Fire

Comment

lol who is going to want to play under if they r trying to win prize $$?

The Mind of the Father
                          Riding on the subtle guiders
                          Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                          Of relentless Fire

Comment

If there was a way to accurately track things such as shark doas (which are often caused by more aggressive spiders), it would definitely be on the list. Terrier damage dealt statistics would be easy to add to current bots an an example as well to reward aggressive players. These kind of awards could even further be split up to reward more than one player per category.

I'm not too sure how to incentivize players to play under from a statistical point of view. Only thing which comes to mind would be a player vote where captains nominate their under player for a public vote.

In the end I didn't put too much thought into it. Not my job, only wanted to spark some discussion. We're competing for small change anyway, no need to make it a bigger deal than it is.

Play to win and get recognized. That's the name of the game.

Comment

Just divide the cash evenly between medal winners.

Comment

maybe the undirmin on finils winnink teams get extra $, and the shirks on finils winnink team get extra $, instead of tryink 2 gif impicil awards to shirks such as highest rpd/most kills

Comment

Working...
                                X