Res limit in TWDTD vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Res limit in TWDTD vote

I believe that twdt is a bridge from twd to twl for a lot of players and should follow the same restrictions. If majority of people do not want the res cap, I'll keep it off.
    No res cap
    20.75%
    TWL res cap (1920x1200)
    79.25%
    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Get rekt straying newbies.

Comment

i wouldnt rly care about a WB res cap unless it was 1280 x 1024. ie. what the game was designed to be played on, and the resolution cap the designers initially established.

The Mind of the Father
      Riding on the subtle guiders
      Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
      Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
        Get rekt straying newbies.
        ^ +1 ^
        Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
        (10 seconds later)
        rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
        P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

I think excluding people for having modern hardware is super dumb.
          But w/e I don't even play wb so don't rly care.

Comment

Rab Well you're not excluding people for having higher res and they can play perfectly fine on a lower res. You are however giving them an unfair advantage over people that don't have huge monitors, or even those that play on laptops by not having a res cap.

Also, getting shot by someone outside your radar range is really dumb and no res cap promotes snooze fest stray wars.
            Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
            (10 seconds later)
            rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
            P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

If you think a res limit doesn't exclude people you're wrong. Even though most will be able to play in a window, there'll be some that have technical issues with that (just see my client performance thread for how fucked up the client can be in different configs), and there'll be people who just don't want to play in a window either because they're not used to it or because the window doesn't center so every session throws you off a little, then there's the way people feel excluded because the community attacks them as if they're somehow a cheater when in reality all they're doing is playing the game using the default settings.

I totally understand the other side of the argument and if people genuinely value competitiveness over this stuff that's their choice ofc. I just like to make the point whenever this topic comes up because I think people are too quick to dismiss others.

edit: and last time I scraped all the resolutions off the twd website (2019), the number of people playing higher than 1920x1200 was 9%. Considering that they're not all trying to lame it's just not a big problem. But making 9% change their settings is pretty aggressive, and imo disproportionate.
              Last edited by Rab; 07-08-2020, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Or people can play windowed and not lose screen, multiple players do that including myself.
                TWLD 2016 Champion
                TWDTD champion x 3
                Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Iron View Post
                  Or people can play windowed and not lose screen, multiple players do that including myself.
                  not sure what u mean

Comment

RAB is not considering the simple fact that the RESOLUTION CAP 1280 x 1024 was put in place for a reason.

rly ive no idea when the res cap was lifted but id imagine 99% of u have never played a competitive 5v5 wb game w a 1280 cap in ur gdamam lives

mayb im remembering too fondly but i remember it being a better game w the cap ... and actually i jus remember nrealize that the 1st thread i ever started in these forums back in 2003 was TO PUT RES CAP BACK, so points for consistenty plz

The Mind of the Father
                    Riding on the subtle guiders
                    Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                    Of relentless Fire

Comment

Anyone who has a 4K monitor basically can't play this game anymore. Its 2020 and if ever you want to upgrade your pc parts you'll come to understand that subspace can't keep up with the times and that 1900x1200 is a ridiculous limit.

first of all the aspect ratio is 16x10 which automatically means that anyone with an HD monitor will get clipped out or stretched from trying to adjust to their normal 16x9 ratio.

second, just because my native res is 3840x2160 doesnt mean I have a huge tv screen. It's just a 27 inch screen that has more pixels for the 4K rendering. Asking me to play 1900x1200 means that if I put it in windowed it's only going to take about half my screen which is the equivalent of playing on a 14 inch screen which is ridiculous for anyone with new tech.

With all this said, it seems like no one else has a good pc so carry on with your res limits, i dont plan on playing anyway, just felt like providing info

Comment

Many top-level players have 2K (or even 4K) monitors in Trench Wars and most of them do not mind playing in windowed mode, myself included.

Comment

only res should be availble is 1440p - 2560x1440 or 1080p - 1920x1080. These are what majority of gamers on steam use and they have high end graphics card which support those native resolutions. If you cap this to 1080p then your either A. Fucking retarded or B. Still fucking retarded.

This game is on Steam and we're marketing Steam players allow these resolutions, if you don't your just living backwords on a game that never gets any updates via the client anymore.
                          https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

The only thing that is more annoying than playing windowed is playing full screen with smaller resolution. If you have been playing years with high resolution and are now forced to play on lower one it's basically impossible because everything is literally moving faster on your screen. It's so annoying It really is so annoying I'll probably just skip the whole league. TWDT is supposed to be just for fun anyway
                            lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

I play windowed too, with the increase to 1920 the game is already turning into a radar lobfest... I cant imagine having people run resolutions the size of the whole arena...

This is what it looks like to me, its just a vocal minority of players that want the res cap removed. Lets remember the game was never intended to be played on resolutions spanning most of or the entire arena (that would be considered an exploit back in the day)

And don't even start with that res cap will turn off steam players bullshit. NOBODY is going to pickup this game in 2020, and the reason is 100% not because of the resolution. The only retarded thing is the delusional belief that people will pick up trench wars brand new and believe this is a game worth playing, especially with how toxic the gaming environment is for players not deemed "good".

At the end of the day, it was put up to a vote. So the whole *POUT* i'm not playing shit, sounds more like a you problem than a we problem. Sorry, but nobody really gives a fuck.
                              1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
                              1:pascone> folder is empty :/
                              1:Tiny> LOL
                              1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

Working...
                              X