No announcement yet.

TWDT S21 CAPTAINS PREVIEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the deeper you get into the signup process, the sketchier and less reliable the applicants become; waiting longer would have more of an effect of watering teams down than strengthening the league

The Mind of the Father
    Riding on the subtle guiders
    Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
    Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post
      Just FYI ogron- that season I axed dice, I was a fking teenager. I was a dumbass and I regret the way I did it BUT.. that yr we went to LJ finals and lost in 3 rounds 2 thunder, and went to LB semifinals with a bunch of sweeties learning how 2 base afk. Still v dumbass.
      Hmm, that's true. It's just I've seen you flex and axe people repeatedly in 2020 on Rapid and hear about it on chats, didn't seem like anything had changed at all.

But I guess we're not in leagues so it doesn't really end anyone's season. Didn't realize you had any level of contrition for the Sweet stuff, that's good to hear. And you seem to be serious on capping TWDT, which is a good sign. The Sweet stuff was 10 years ago, maybe too harsh to still focus on that.

I revised my blurb for you based on this new information.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

TBH Riv isn't a bad choice for cap. Can easily start in all 3 leagues in TWDT.

Also, you will regret having a 10+ team league. 10 is already is going to cause attendance issues especially if they find out that they won't be on a competitive team for the season. 10 teams would also cause the season to be longer aka last 5 weeks people who are on shit teams won't show.

Comment

10 should be the final number. As great as it would be, don't make it 12 teams, as thin rosters in this day and age of the game are prone to resulting in no-shows despite the obvious increasing interest in TW/SS thanks to COVID. We should be happy we are going from 8 to probably 10 teams (amazing, thanks again to Wirah, Beam, WillBy, claus, Stayon, RageRitual, and whoever else is contributing, big or small).

Comment

9 teams

6 make playoffs

The Mind of the Father
            Riding on the subtle guiders
            Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
            Of relentless Fire

Comment

Added Rough to the main post as he's signed up and indicated his desire to captain
              top 100 basers list

Comment

I agree with the few people that say it should be 10 teams and not 12. I think having 15 man rosters with 12 teams is risky given that it’s summer time and 50% showrate requirement for base is a very tough task. We don’t have have 150 signups yet to make it 15 per team for 10 teams. As far as captains go, it’s going to be hard to make violence or riverside captain over the 11 others listed unless someone isn’t serious about capping in that group. All 11 are 3 leaguers except Racka and Pressure but those 2 also have a lot of success capping.

11 captains:
                Saiyan
                Rough
                Dreamwin
                Ease
                Stayon
                Cape
                Pressure
                Zidane
                Morph
                Racka
                Turban
                In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

cud not gif less of a fk if am ciptin or not but am goink 2 need 0 leaguir 1 zonir 0 athleticism mvp to shut the fk up this instint

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
                    cud not gif less of a fk if am ciptin or not
                    You made an entire thread about how much you care that you aren't being seriously considered as a captain.

Also, I'd add mvp over you in any basing match, any day, in any ship.

Comment

Awesome writeup. Sets the stage well.

I am a bit concerned about the amount of data Ogron has on me.

My reaction to reading this lOL
                      https://youtu.be/j1tkwdfz7n4?t=85

I'll address some of the questions raised: TLDR: CAP every year CAPe

Have I not taken this league seriously?

I wanted to enjoy this league as a player, but it's has not been possible.
                      I have never paid attention to the star rating system, but basically my experience
                      has been if I want to get into the games someone else would have to sit ( duh)

sharing 8* wb or 9* jav position with someone isnt my cup of tea.
                      Retooling a basing line without me would perform, more or less, the same.

I have enjoyed letting others play and taking a back seat.

Before Clause hits me with an excel sheet; I have dog'd seasons too.

Am I okay being a 9* and the best terr ever (hah)?

No and yes

First time drafting a team, not sure what to expect. The starcap ratings thread reads like a calculus textbook.

Another (?) way to get great games is to have a gentlemans agreement between the captains; be in the spirit of adding balanced lines.
                      Are we testing the skill of 10 players to draft a good team? We can just assign balanced teams. I do not understand this league.

But I'm fucking hyped anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
                        Another (?) way to get great games is to have a gentlemans agreement between the captains
                        *looks at captains list*

:worried2:
                        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                        Message has been sent to online moderators
                        2:BLeeN> veh yes
                        (Overstrand)>no
                        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                        2:BLeeN> ok then no
                        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

That would be something cool. Truth is, from my one time capping, regardless of what's played inside the pitch which settles the scores, most of it is prepared outside the pitch, via drafting and trades. Realisticly, and uncomparable to TWL due to it's parity, there's actually X combinations of players that can win, what matters is the final soup.

So in a way yea, it algo gaudges your ability to handle a small group and adress people's abilities.

As for the number teams, I'm just keeping a positive mind guys! 10 is fine aswell. Just think two more could work at this pace. Whichever the number, just super inclined on an early September start as it's safer for activity purposes.
                          Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                          Your friend,
                          ​​Papi
                          ​​​​​

Comment

"You made an entire thread about how much you care that you aren't being seriously considered as a captain.

Also, I'd add mvp over you in any basing match, any day, in any ship."

i made a thread vsink the ppl that are hatirs 2 beam behind the scenes about me beink a ciptin, specificilly littil pissants like ursilf. the first thing i statid in that thread is that i don't gif a fk if i am ciptin, i am on the list becuz beamir asked me and i said i cud if neetid. the thread was to vs/reveal 0 athleticism impicil hatirs like ursilf

ppl r entitild to their opinion, howefir to suggist that i would not b the fafourite 2 win twdt as a ciptin is more ignirint than nething dinilt trimp cud efir say. furthirmore wud bet my life sivinks or $1 cinidi that i sh1tpount ursilf n mvp in wirbirt/jiflin duel @ ne jinctire. if u wish 4 this 1v1 mitch plz vs me a messige although there is a 0% chince u do this becuz u r a missif ciwirt that will only vs when u haf a gr8 team alonkside u

am jus windirink y u think u r sum ligindiry playir? u haf vsd this game religiously for 20+ yrs, caring gr8ly about your performince, and all you are is slightly above average in 1 ship in 1 league in 1 zone. u r fuckin girpige @ everything else. u haf 2 wear helmit and diapir whenefir u vs a dd/jd mitch becuz u r so frigile, n then u quickly vs a 1:2 recird n ask 2 birriw sum1 not on your squidrin to vs for u in rnd 2 so u cud b in your safe space eatink fast food n watchink your squidrin play like a fkin p1ssy

Comment

Both a ginger and a leftist, my God, can we get someone more solid? Rough can you help??

Comment

#freeviolence , let the guy cap. I had a small experience during rapid time and I have nothing to say against him. Very good guy and took right decisions for what I saw.

I think he going to do good in twdt and really doesn't matter if he's a 10 or no, I wudnt mind at all being picked by him. I would try my best like I always did to every cap I played for, stop try to burn other players already, this is a small community that been playing togheter for very long time and this kind of attitude just make ppl wanna quit.
                                Last edited by Iron; 07-09-2020, 11:50 AM.
                                TWLD 2016 Champion
                                TWDTD champion x 3
                                Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Working...
                                X