Post-Draft Basing Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@beam
    There is no foul play here. Qaws aka blink has pretty much no trench wars experience. The 1 bd I've ever seen him play was under qaws, the name he is registered for TWDT under.. Also a name he has used over the years in svs.

Check blink's twd: http://twd.trenchwars.org/profile/434277

There is literally no history there because he never played twd on that name, NONE of you "pure twers" have any idea who he is, the name "blink" is 100% meaningless to you and would have had no effect on the draft. His rating was raised from 6 to 6.5 during the ratings stream when you were alerted that he was an svs player. I thought he could be an asset for me, so I drafted him. Really simple stuff..

Now look at qaws' twd: http://twd.trenchwars.org/profile/8176/profile

Oh look, theres actual history there.

I dont have a very good track record for tolerating staff corruption (thats the reason I've played 3 zones now). The fact you're talking about bans is actually crazy. If and when you decide to do something stupid, please retroactively ban me for using "trapped", and find a new captain for my team.

But wait. Me using "trapped" was fine because you had no idea who the fuck "saiyan" was either. Its not aliasing when the alleged person has minimal/no TW experience and widely unknown here.

@ violence, you have 0 clue what you're talking about. and whoever is informing you has 0 clue what theyre talking about other than him being an elite svs player.

Dont punish me for knowing people you dont know, because I've played more than 1 zone.

Comment

Originally posted by saiyan View Post
      @beam
      There is no foul play here. Qaws aka blink has pretty much no trench wars experience. The 1 bd I've ever seen him play was under qaws, the name he is registered for TWDT under.. Also a name he has used over the years in svs.

Check blink's twd: http://twd.trenchwars.org/profile/434277

There is literally no history there because he never played twd on that name, NONE of you "pure twers" have any idea who he is, the name "blink" is 100% meaningless to you and would have had no effect on the draft. His rating was raised from 6 to 6.5 during the ratings stream when you were alerted that he was an svs player. I thought he could be an asset for me, so I drafted him. Really simple stuff..

Now look at qaws' twd: http://twd.trenchwars.org/profile/8176/profile

Oh look, theres actual history there.

I dont have a very good track record for tolerating staff corruption (thats the reason I've played 3 zones now). The fact you're talking about bans is actually crazy. If and when you decide to do something stupid, please retroactively ban me for using "trapped", and find a new captain for my team.

But wait. Me using "trapped" was fine because you had no idea who the fuck "saiyan" was either. Its not aliasing when the alleged person has minimal/no TW experience and widely unknown here.

@ violence, you have 0 clue what you're talking about. and whoever is informing you has 0 clue what theyre talking about other than him being an elite svs player.

Dont punish me for knowing people you dont know, because I've played more than 1 zone.
      check my most recent post brother
      Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

I knew who qaws/blink was, as did other captains (at least turban). I didn't bother with him because he has shown zero interest in TW and has barely even bothered practicing through pub or TWD. Who knows how committed/serious he'll even be and whether he will adapt quickly or slowly. He has literally zero experience in TW and for all we know may turn out to be overrated at 6.5.

If you rated autopilot, Dazz, aGGi, etc. who have been consistently playing 4-8 hours of TWD per day for the past many months (and some, like autopilot, years) 6.5 in the dueling leagues, I do not see why we would bother changing qaws' rating.

Edit: Just saw beam's post/edit(s). Misread some stuff. Made some edits
        Last edited by Pressure; 07-20-2020, 12:46 PM.

Comment

was never considering banning the guy I quoted the rule just as reference to show it wasn't allowed at worst he would have been adjusted

oh and nobody threatened saiyan for anything hes talking about the rule saying somebody hiding their alias would be banned from twdt

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

I am miffed and repulsed at the forum post above mine (Thix), talk about being a huge dork who exaggerates things

Comment

Sure. Anyway, maybe in future TWDT we can have players listed with their known aliases side-by-side so that all captains can draft with similar access to player information.

Originally posted by beam View Post
              oh and nobody threatened saiyan for anything hes talking about the rule saying somebody hiding their alias would be banned from twdt
              Yeah I edited my post after re-reading
              Last edited by Pressure; 07-20-2020, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post
                I watched the vod and at 3:47:40 I said he's from svs and he was adjusted to 6.5s from 6.0. Qaws will not be changed and will be eligible to play at his current ratings.

Edit: If I do find out later he has another alias besides "Blink" that he has actively played tw under, he will have his ratings adjusted.
                quoting myself because it seems nobody read this and it got buried

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Loool @ drama. saiyan cheating worse than dreamwin and games didn't even start yet. /Trolling
                  I only asked who he was coz it doesn't make sense for some unknown to be in the starting lineup.
                  thx beam for checking it.

Comment

lool if i knew that was blink before draft started, i would have said without any hesitation she deserves minimum 7* across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by mean gene View Post
                      lool if i knew that was blink before draft started, i would have said without any hesitation she deserves minimum 7* across the board.
                      so we are only 0.5 off across the board on a random person that's never played TW and who is good at another zone - not bad.

The Mind of the Father
                      Riding on the subtle guiders
                      Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                      Of relentless Fire

Comment

when i learning svs for the few months i played there, i was told to watch blink because thats the best player. saiyan, also a top player from svs (not sure if she has prior tw experience) came to tw and within a year is considered a top player. seems like that will easily be the case for blink.. that being said, 7 is just a base level considering the current skill level at 7* in this league.

it all depends on if she will be active player, which it seems like will be the case being picked by a friend.
                        it will be an easy transition for blink from svs to tw.
                        @ 6.5* qaws will be the steal of the draft.
                        tyforthis, sukdikplis

Comment

He may the best now because he has no competition to compete against in 2020, no one good plays svs anymore. Hes a great player. But the last time I played, over a year ago, I beat his team with 2 pubbers....
                          Using me as a measuring stick, and expecting anyone else to do what I do is unbelievably stupid and insulting.. Dont think you know anything because el caca and pubmaster750 said so.

Comment

I have known Qaws since 1999, we played T3G together. He is probably a top 5 svs player. He has never played in TW seriously, and definitely not on an alias. 6.5 is probably a little under-repped, but being good in svs doesn't necessarily translate here, especially in one season.

If you need any rating opinions on multi-zoners (from any zone) in the future, I can help.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post
                              TIER 5: TRINWRICK

#10 Mastirs

Creature (5) (???)

Commodo
                              Violence(8)

Sarger
                              Kira Yamato
                              Mouse
                              Frozen Throne
                              Hacky Sack
                              Lol, so prophetic.
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

lol, to be fair the lineups changed a lot

Comment

Working...
                                X