Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Appeal Request for Treyway vs r1p1t1 (TWDTD Week 7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeal Request for Treyway vs r1p1t1 (TWDTD Week 7)

Quote from a teammate:[LIST=1][*]tried to borrow honcho/lee, didnt work[*]no response from bot[*]tried to add, said cant because not on roster[*]no ops on to help[*]help calls werent answered[*]same thing has happened many times and the rounds were restarted, only difference here is no ops were online[/LIST]

maybe dun try 2 birriw 6* sh1tt1rm1n when u have 6+ playirs on your team presint but u dun wish 2 add them

Comment

TL;DR this appeal will be granted and a replay will be scheduled for November 6, 1:30 pm eastern time (30 minutes before games start).

Here are the facts I've gathered by looking through player and bot logs:
      Treyway vs R1p1t1! was started in TWDTD3 on time. Treyway added Saiyan, Animeboy12, Morph, and Banks before realizing that there was no legal lineup involving those 4 (36.5*, only 5.5* available for the 5th). Treyway removed Banks and added Groan, which left them 7* for a 5th player. Saiyan reached out to a couple of 7* players in search of a borrow, but was unable to actually borrow a player (borrowing in TWDT requires operator approval).
      The appeal is granted on the grounds that we've been granting immediate restarts in every other accidental 4 v 5 forfeit. We would've done the same here, but no league staff was available at the time. By the time any of us were online and available, a restart would've caused delays through the rest of the week of games.

There are a couple of items I'll note here to remind everyone of the official TWDT rules, despite the relaxed enforcement seen this season, and many of the previous seasons. This policy may change before the next season.

First, teams are required to play 5 v 5 in TWDTD and TWDTJ, and 8 v 8 in TWDTB. This rule ensures the inclusivity of this league, and voids janky lineups that have been occasionally used to get around the need for low star players. One thing worth looking at addressing prior to the next season is how the bot handles lagouts- a player who is on the lineup, but is in spec, should count towards the star cap and list, and a player lagged out should not count as a 4 v 5 forfeit.
      Second, in TWDT ONE 7* or below borrow is permitted only if there is no valid lineup for this team. Treyway could've added a valid lineup using only their squad (Banks, 100, Groan, Morph, Saiyan). If the appeal was simply that their borrow didn't work, this appeal would've been rejected as they didn't add their own players first. Further abuse of this mechanic will not be tolerated, and forfeits will be added if we find any instances of abuse moving forward.
      Third and finally, restarts for accidental forfeits are getting out of hand. While I know this wasn't Morph's intent, there is a potential for abuse of these free restarts- grabbing 5 extra minutes to fix a lineup or wait for someone to show up. This is essentially a bug in the system, and we will work this next off season to correct it.

The combined league ops for both leagues will be reaching out to reschedule this match and the Rapid vs Evil TWLD match. As there is some player overlap, the timeline will be verified with the respective squad captains. Currently the plan is to replay this match on November 6 and the LD match on November 13.
      Last edited by WillBy; 11-03-2022, 12:40 PM.

Comment

"Treyway vs R1p1t1! was started in TWDTD3 on time. Treyway added Saiyan, Animeboy12, Jurrassic, and Banks before realizing that there was no legal lineup involving those 4 (36.5*, only 5.5* available for the 5th)."

Jurassic is on Rapid by the way

Comment

[QUOTE=WillBy;n1362062]
          If the appeal was simply that their borrow didn't work, this appeal would've been rejected as they didn't add their own players first.
          [/QUOTE]

that's what it is tho?

another point - probably should only accept appeals from cap/assistants. don't want random plebs appealing things. <3 sprackle.

Comment

[QUOTE=zidane;n1362064]"Treyway vs R1p1t1! was started in TWDTD3 on time. Treyway added Saiyan, Animeboy12, Jurrassic, and Banks before realizing that there was no legal lineup involving those 4 (36.5*, only 5.5* available for the 5th)."

Jurassic is on Rapid by the way[/QUOTE]

You right, it was Saiyan, Animeboy12, Morph and Banks. I'll update the post above.

Comment

There's been whispers within the pixelated stars that [USER="85380"]Sprackle[/USER] will be Captaining in the upcoming 2023 TWDT Season

this impressive appeal post may confirm his interest

Any comments, Captain Sprack?

Comment

didnt read anything but pretty fkd they get rewarded 4 trying 2 borrow ppl instead of adding their own playirs, howevir r1p1t1 will vs n1 pr1b d1sp1tch1ng

Comment

My teammates and I would like to humbly thank you for your appeal decision - some of which have sent me the following image in the last couple of days...

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"unknown.png","data-attachmentid":1362072}[/ATTACH]
                  Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=Sprackle;n1362071]My teammates and I would like to humbly thank you for your appeal decision - some of which have sent me the following image in the last couple of days...

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tunknown.png Views:\t0 Size:\t4.6 KB ID:\t1362072","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"1362072","data-size":"full","title":"unknown.png"}[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

My assumption is the screenshots were manually stored & remain secure.

Comment

Working...
                    X