Quarterfinals analyses - TWDTB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarterfinals analyses - TWDTB

Time has come (feels like forever) to enter the playoff phase of this very long tournament and we got some exciting matchups. Let's see how our teams lineup and what could be the outcome:
    [B]TWDTB:[/B]
    [B]R1p1t1![/B] (4 wins in main season) vs [B]Outlaw [/B](3 wins)
    Rapid base season has been decent, but not really spectacular, as we are used to. They have taken their chances and end with positive W/L ratio, but also at the same time been struggling to find the rhythm. After bad start, they went really strong during middle phase of league, but are coming to playoffs with 2 straight losses, which gives them plenty of headache, how to change that.
    Mikkiz as terr and willby/violence in shark are first names on player-sheet, while bacon, jurassic and jack have the over spider duties. Bugy and public assasin as low vp spiders cover under.
    So on paper, strong as hell team, but not always clicking as they should.
    Outlaw is coming to playoffs with even worse situation. They have lost their 3 games (including game vs rapid) and their only wins really come from pre-fa draft times. On top of that they need to recover from shocking comeback Kobe pulled off in legendary last week game, which could definitely influence morale and mental strength of team. On paper, they possess very formidable lineup with maketso as terr, who has had a terrific season and dwop/markmrw as shark duo. All their spiders are 8*vp or higher with zizzo, vys, mvp, jammu and dutch baser making up their most used line.
    My prediction [B][U]R1p1t1! wins[/U] (2-1)[/B]. I think this will be very close matchup with both teams scoring at least 1 win, but rapid pulls it off in the end, vios teams tend to have a habit of pulling those last second wins in the end.

[B]Nightmare [/B](3 wins) vs [B]Treyway[/B](3 wins)
    Nightmare has seen a season, where if they win, they win pretty comfortably, but if they lose, they also lose pretty convincingly. So this is team, if they get going, they do not look back, but if game is not really going well, they are also not able to pull some comeback. Unlike first QF pair, nightmare has been experimenting quite a bit as well with variety of player trying different roles. Genx himself has played in 3 ships, they switch also shark duos and depending on that also spider lineups have varied. So question remains, if lai, aprix or genx takes terrier and who will play shark out of trio mythril, genx or tpz.
    It is interesting, that both QF pairs are so similar in their path so far. Also Treyway has been experimenting alot more with wbm, frozen throne, morph being used as terriers, morph, animeboy, banks as sharks etc. So alot more struggles with lineups and showups compared to other teams, which seem to have at least terr/shark duo in place. Their last game lineup seems to work, so if everyone shows we can expect morph/anime taking shark, wbm terr and rylo as low star under allowing very strong over spiders like saiyan, skatarius, banks and groan doing damage.
    My prediction [U][B]Treyway[/B][B][U][B][U][B] w[/B][/U]ins[/B][/U] (2-1)[/B][/U]. Really close matchup once again, but my gut feeling makes me prefer Treyway in this.

Nice analysis. A bit more context around r1p1t1!'s losses- only our last loss to Gryffindor was in a match that actually featured a starting line, and even then we lost by 4 minutes with our underspider lagging out 4 times. I'm really confident in this lineup, and if zizzo can't show for Outlaw they might be in a really tough spot.

Comment

[QUOTE=WillBy;n1362142]Nice analysis. A bit more context around r1p1t1!'s losses- only our last loss to Gryffindor was in a match that actually featured a starting line, and even then we lost by 4 minutes with our underspider lagging out 4 times. I'm really confident in this lineup, and if zizzo can't show for Outlaw they might be in a really tough spot. [/QUOTE]

Beware: Outlaw will be pulling out it’s wild card lineup and will be sending a shockwave through twdt-b
      In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
      twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
      twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Results: nightmare sort of got a freebie with both morph and saiyan being AWOL, outlaw tried their best, but got outplayed by rapid in both games.

Comment

Working...
        X