No announcement yet.

New Canadian Holiday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty happy that we picked up leech instead of gonchar or however his name is spelt, I wouldn't expect to see toronto go too drastic, maybe their best bet would be to try and pick up a decent backup goaltender, other then that, I can't see any significant deals, and I hope to god they never pick up Lindros

Edit: wow I really wish I would have read other peoples stuff , I hate being repetitive, Good to see some leaf fans on here though Hope they bring the cup home this year
    Last edited by sixtoo; 03-08-2004, 01:42 PM.
    what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
    http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

Woo! I love this day.

Slow start so far, but we've got some surprising moves.

The Score just reported the Leafs picked up Ron Francis for just a 4th rounder for a steal. This was a respect move, with Francis choosing his destination and a deal getting made cheap and easy as a favour for the future hall of famer.

Chad Kilger was also picked up on waivers but the big surprise was signing the retired Calle Johansson. The thing about that one that impressed me is that Ferguson had the deal in the works for more than a month and NOBODY picked up on it. That might not seem important to the hockey outsider, but those who follow hockey know the media intensity in Toronto, and being able to hide negotiations for that long is truly amazing. In the last week though, the Leafs have added 4 players, two or three of which will be impact players, while the only player taken off their roster is Craig Johnson, a plugger, and that was only through waivers.

Ottawa picked up DeVries for Rachunek, and that's a smart pickup for them.

New Jersey's been quiet, but I expect them to pull off a surprise.

The best part of this day though is watching the various Canadian news networks all trying to be the first ones to scoop their competition on each transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
        Woo! I love this day.

Slow start so far, but we've got some surprising moves.

The Score just reported the Leafs picked up Ron Francis for just a 4th rounder for a steal. This was a respect move, with Francis choosing his destination and a deal getting made cheap and easy as a favour for the future hall of famer.

Chad Kilger was also picked up on waivers but the big surprise was signing the retired Calle Johansson. The thing about that one that impressed me is that Ferguson had the deal in the works for more than a month and NOBODY picked up on it. That might not seem important to the hockey outsider, but those who follow hockey know the media intensity in Toronto, and being able to hide negotiations for that long is truly amazing. In the last week though, the Leafs have added 4 players, two or three of which will be impact players, while the only player taken off their roster is Craig Johnson, a plugger, and that was only through waivers.

Ottawa picked up DeVries for Rachunek, and that's a smart pickup for them.

New Jersey's been quiet, but I expect them to pull off a surprise.

The best part of this day though is watching the various Canadian news networks all trying to be the first ones to scoop their competition on each transaction.
        being at work i missed out but i heard on the radio to work leafs were trying to pick up some backup goalie, forget who. Ron Francis? didn't see that comin lol

EDIT:

Happy Birthday Tee Kay

Today is your Day

Leafs got sweet deals Hurray

go leafs go Eh
        Last edited by eRad; 03-09-2004, 02:34 PM.
        i'm bored

Comment

ohh yeah we're making a playoff run woot $

not only did we require some good players, but I'll be sitting in a platnum box watching a live game Toronto Vs Ottawa on the 27th of this month. Damn I'm excited
          what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
          http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

omg six can i come too?

Francis is a very good player and will give the leafs the depth at center they want but I think they should have had some other things on top of their priority list, like a backup goalie (Kidd sucks ass)

Things look good tho.

Comment

Canucks picked up Rucinsky, Jeff Sanderson and Bergevin. Looks like nucks needed some rent-a-players to fill in the Tuzzi void.
              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
              Failure teaches success.

Comment

you can't replace a Burtuzzi sorry.
                There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Working...
                X