I gotta say this show by far is looking pretty deam cool
    Its playing on MTV and YTV
    John Digweed is the official music producer for the Spider-Man series
    you can see the video at:

http://www.mtv.com/onair/spider-man/
    <scroll down and click on Spider-Man Music Video to check it out>

-Tyson
    Blood Love Overcomes Our Depressions

It's alright. Don't know if it will be back for a second season.

They're supposed to be loosely following the movie's continuity, but because of that, they had to make up their own villains in case the classic Spidey villains get used in later movies. I think Kraven the hunter was the only classic villain used.

Good vocal casting though.

Comment

I'm watching this new Spider-man animated series, it's all CGI'd, but it's not on MTV. I watch it on YTV, and I'm not sure if its the same thing. Mary Jane looks kinda gothic-like but she's a red head.
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.

Comment

They played that crap at like 3:00 a.m. on MTV over the summer and I hated it. I figured it was cancelled already.

Comment

Hmm the one I watch doesn't isn't as crappy as u put it Sleepy, maybe this Canadian one I'm watching is something different altogether. On another note, MTV here in Canada they are showing Newlyweds with Nick and Jessica :O. It's mildly entertaining
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Kim the one you are watching is the same one on mtv, see the music video its pretty cool.

-Tyson
            Blood Love Overcomes Our Depressions

Comment

I have to drop some kids off at the pool.
              Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
              i just wish it was longer
              Originally posted by Cops
              it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                Mary Jane looks kinda gothic-like but she's a red head.
                Red hair can be awesome for goth chicks. I haven't seen the show, so I won't pass judgement.

Anyway, why the hell does spiderman keep getting shows? The main draw for his comic was that he was so pathetic and introverted that lonely teenagers could identify with him perfectly. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                  Red hair can be awesome for goth chicks. I haven't seen the show, so I won't pass judgement.

Anyway, why the hell does spiderman keep getting shows? The main draw for his comic was that he was so pathetic and introverted that lonely teenagers could identify with him perfectly. Seriously.

I think you just answered your own question. Just look around these forums and you'll find that introverted lonely teenagers are fairly common. (Out of politeness, I chose not to include "pathetic")

The point is that he's a relatively normal guy (outside of his powers, of course). People can't exactly empathize with millionaire playboys, scientists working for secret government operations, or royalty from mythological realms. Peter Parker is that quiet guy in high school who does homework for the popular star quarterback.

Comment

I don't think he was a reasonably normal guy. Even the smart kids were friends with other smart kids. Peter, for the most part, had no friends his own age. I guess I see what you're saying, though.

Also, I meant pathetic as in "Arousing or capable of arousing sympathetic sadness and compassion" not "Arousing or capable of arousing scornful pity."
                    Last edited by Verthanthi; 03-07-2004, 02:29 PM. Reason: tehee I said arousing

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                      I don't think he was a reasonably normal guy. Even the smart kids were friends with other smart kids. Peter, for the most part, had no friends his own age. I guess I see what you're saying, though.

Also, I meant pathetic as in "Arousing or capable of arousing sympathetic sadness and compassion" not "Arousing or capable of arousing scornful pity."
                      Actually in this one, he's in a 3-way relationship with MJ and this new girl, i forgot her name (pretty good looking). With the addition of Harry Osbourne, all 4 of them are like one happy family.
                      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                      Failure teaches success.

Comment

I remember watching that show like last summer I think? But yeah I also don't know what they did with it, if they cancelled it it's because the earliest time they played it at was like 11 PM or something on weekends.
                        _God forbid they play a show at normal times that isn't TRL and Real World... I really wouldn't mind seeing it some more, the stories could of been better if I remember them correctly. Though there were a bunch of entertaining puns and action sequences within the show, and of course John Digweed is a prominent producer who I love hearing from, so overall they did a good job with the soundtrack no doubt
                        hey I'm Paddy Tanniger the caddie manager yeah it rhymes big whoop wanna fiight about it??
                        !

Comment

It's not so much the quality of the show or the timeslot that will determine whether it comes back or not. I think MTV just has a policy of doing 1-yr deals with shows like this. Take a look at Undergrads; that was great, but wasn't renewed.

Of course, a lot might depend on how the new movie coming out this year.

And Parker was a regular kid. Look back at the original comics and it wasn't like he was a brooding loner. The episode they did with Electro was good I think. Though I didn't like how they created this version of Electro, he fits the bill for the "other smart kid" friend you wanted.

Comment

Just watched the MV and ya its the same spiderman. It showed my favorite bad guy, Electro. I saw that episode too, kinda cool.
                            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                            Failure teaches success.

Comment

I think Spybreak will agree with me on this one, I'll watch it just for J. Digs

Comment

Working...
                              X