The hardest game ever created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for life force you did B A just once contra was twice
    work it harder make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger more than ever hour after , our work is never over

Comment

Contra was

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start

Yes, I remember that.
      sdg

Comment

Originally posted by ajaxee
        for life force you did B A just once contra was twice
        Nope, you still only have to do it once. It's the same code used for almost every Konami games, hence the name "the Konami Code".

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
          Contra was

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start

Yes, I remember that.

theres a band by that name. although they usually shorten it to up up down down

Comment

Freshman year of college me and some buds had a contest one night... we got totaly wasted and then we saw who could beat Kontra without dieing once.

Comment

Hardest game ever (Cuz it cheats obviously) --> http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/pearl.php
              GO LEAFS GO!
              Inspriational Songs for Subspace:
              Duran Duran - Reflex

Inspirational Songs for TW forums:
              Tears for Fears - Shout

Comment

hmm well you can continue to say im wrong, but i consulted some of my other nerd friends and we all agree that in contra you had to hit B A B A. not just B A..lifeforce you only needed to hit the buttons for one set..also side note,, i owned jackel lifeforce and contra and played them a gazillion times.

but hey, if you guys seem to think im seriously wrong , shit maybe i am?

edit:http://www.videogamesource.com/ninte...tra_codes.html well my friend just sent me this,, so i guess i was wrong,, pls dont flame me to much

Edit editk i spent the last 10 minutes clicking on every match i could google on "contra cheats" and i have found that half of the sites say its UUDDLRLR BA start,,,and the other half are saying its BA BA start??so i think i spent all those yrs putting in an extra BA ,when i didnt have to for contra.
                Last edited by ajaxee; 03-15-2004, 04:34 AM.
                work it harder make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger more than ever hour after , our work is never over

Comment

Final Fantasy is definatly the most drawn out game I can think off.

These games are classic, i suggest you try them all.

ANY game from the Shining Force series. 1 and 2 are for the Genesis but there are other ones for Gamegear and such. Shining force (something) sword of Haiya (i spelt that wrong, but it's the jist) for Gamegear is fun too.

Phantasy Star series is good, but nothign can touch Phantasy Star IV. It's medium length but no real huge need to level build. Also because you can play it on the genecyst (thats the genesis emulator) you can up the framerate and make the game 1-4x faster. moving at around 1-2x faster is good because Phantasy Star IV gives you like 10 macro slots to macro what you want to do for each round of battle (i.e. all attack, all defend, all use best attcks etc) so you can gain lvls quickly with very little time.

Shining Force 1 is probably my alltime favourite game. It's RIDICULOUSLY easy though. Near the end, you can have a party of 12 guys (1 guy is the main guy, you can't remove him, but he's solid anyways) and you can use all the elite chars. Gort, Luke, Pelle, Musashi, Domingo, Arthur (if you get him REALLY high) Mae are all beastly strong and beastly defenced. Musashi being the most obscene (With very little work Musashi can get his def so high that monsters can only hit 1, by this point in time he has 80+ hp - so it'd take 80 hits to kill him. Not to mention he'll kill each nme in 1 hit.)

Anyways, check them out.
                  The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                  All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by RATTY...
                    Rofl! The hardest game I've ever played must be R-type something on the old gameboy. I came to the stage with the ugly alien turtles, then they raped me again and again, until I threw my gameboy into the wall...

I've beaten R-type 3, but that was on SNES emulator on the comp.

AAAHHHH i know i beat the level where the boss has like 5 parts, the first stage of the boss is like a big red scorpion looking thing, and it eventually turns into this big thing where worms fly out of it. I got to the level after that, but then the game got turned off!!!

Well anyways yesterday me and my friends started playing it again and we already got to the level i mentioned above, do you know how many levels there are after this??!

Actually.... why am i asking here, i could just find out on the internet
                    I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

Originally posted by ajaxee
                      hmm well you can continue to say im wrong, but i consulted some of my other nerd friends and we all agree that in contra you had to hit B A B A. not just B A..lifeforce you only needed to hit the buttons for one set..also side note,, i owned jackel lifeforce and contra and played them a gazillion times.

but hey, if you guys seem to think im seriously wrong , shit maybe i am?

edit:http://www.videogamesource.com/ninte...tra_codes.html well my friend just sent me this,, so i guess i was wrong,, pls dont flame me to much

Edit editk i spent the last 10 minutes clicking on every match i could google on "contra cheats" and i have found that half of the sites say its UUDDLRLR BA start,,,and the other half are saying its BA BA start??so i think i spent all those yrs putting in an extra BA ,when i didnt have to for contra.
                      Those guys are newbies. You see, I am a 14 year Contra vet ( ), and I have never heard of anyone using BABA at all. I am 100x positive that the extra BA isn't needed, and I don't even know if the code would work or not if you did that.
                      sdg

Comment

The extra BA has no affect on the code. The reason people thought you had to do that was because you had to do the arrows twice each, so they thought they needed the same for the B and A buttons. When they did it twice, it worked, but it would have worked anyway even if they didn't.

Don't forget, the START at the end isn't really technically part of the code, it's just the button you need to push to begin playing. The code ends after the first BA, so any additional button presses don't really do anything.

Comment

I remember an Olympics game on NES being ridiculously hard to beat. Some levels all you had to do was hit left, down, right, up, but you had to do it at an inhuman speed to beat it.
                          Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Ever play Zero Wing, the game "All your base" came from? The arcade version is insanely difficult. The only way I was able to beat the first boss was by getting homing missile...things and memorizing the pattern of the shots thrown at me. You need homing because it is downright impossible to dodge and shoot at the bastard at the same time.

Track down the rom and MAME if you doubt my words.
                            "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
                            -Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

KontroLz> afk, enema
                            Oen Izan> yes I am , buy a me a happy meal , you score :X
                            Oen Izan> you know I dont do one night stands
                            Oen Izan> cuz if ya puttin out , I am coming back

Comment

Working...
                            X