Electing a president in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electing a president in the USA

Good day to all. I need a little help from you. As you may or may not know, I am studying translatoric studies in German and English. I am currently working on an essay, in which I have to describe the process of electing a new president in the United States. Therefore, I ask all of you who live in the US or possess any knowledge of that process, to help me in my cause. I will be very thankful for any helping posts, please restrain from posting bullshit though...Thank you in advance, free kills for all of you who help me. See you in the Trench.
    2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
    2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
    2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
    2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
    2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
    1:spider> Wooooohoo!
    1:spider> .*passes the hat*
    1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

You would really do way better if you just did a google search, unless your paper is focusing on "young peoples understanding and opinions on the election process in the US".
    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

BZ, I need all the help I can get. If I get only a few serious helping answers, it's more that i hoped for. Google is googling right now anyway And yes, I am curious about the views of US residents or even other people, as long as the posts are well-argumented and contain 100% pure sense.
      2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
      2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
      2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
      2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
      2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
      1:spider> Wooooohoo!
      1:spider> .*passes the hat*
      1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

To be able to run for the office of United States president, you must be over the age of 35 years and also a native-born citizen of the United States. Generally, a small fortune helps a campaign trail, as very few poor people have risen to high political positions. Winning favor with your political party years beforehand is an advatage, especially by being a state governor or U.S. Senator beforehand.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Also:

It is not the popular vote that determines who the president is. That falls upon the electoral college. What is that?

From this link:

Why an Electoral College?

In a nutshell, the founding fathers didn’t trust us. They didn’t fear our stupidity so much as the limited ability of our forbears to learn about candidates outside their home region. Complicating matters further, a large bloc of smaller states sought to safeguard their powers within the new federal union.
          At one point, the founding fathers approved a system whereby Congress would choose the president — something akin to Britain’s parliamentary system, minus the king. But that crumbled after fears that uncouth deals might be struck by legislators in private, so other proposals were considered. Direct election by the people was rejected, as was election by a vote of the governors, voting by electors chosen by each state’s legislators and, loopiest of all, voting by a special cadre of congressmen chosen by lot.
          "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
          -Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

KontroLz> afk, enema
          Oen Izan> yes I am , buy a me a happy meal , you score :X
          Oen Izan> you know I dont do one night stands
          Oen Izan> cuz if ya puttin out , I am coming back

Comment

I hate politics, so i stay away frtom learning much about it, but what i do know is this: The candidates for the party (for this coming election was about..4 or so) campaign long and hard...and a series of primaries are held...and the people vote for who the like best. The party usually takes who the people voted the msot as their running candidate. After the candidate has been chosen, they real rae begins....diggin up dirt on the other guy :P. Come election day the people vote(for what reason i have no freaking clue :P, as it does not count(why the hell did we have massive RECOUNTS in fla etc then?? Who knows)). The electoral College then is "supposed" to vote for who they think the best person for presidency is...but take into account who the people want as well. Bush lost the popular vote last election to Gore, but won electoral college so yea...(i didnt like either of em so meh)...hope this helped a little

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
              To be able to run for the office of United States president, you must be over the age of 35 years and also a native-born citizen of the United States. Generally, a small fortune helps a campaign trail, as very few poor people have risen to high political positions. Winning favor with your political party years beforehand is an advatage, especially by being a state governor or U.S. Senator beforehand.
              You must also be a resident of the US for atleast 14 years. If the President dies resigns, or is inable to discharge the powers and duties of the said office, the Vice President becomes Presodent. A person can run for as many terms as they wish, but can only serve as President for 2 terms (8 years, 1term=4 years) All members of Congrees may be impeached (removed from government when voted out by House of Representatives) if convicted of treason, bribery, or other high crimes or misdemonors. The President is the Commander and Chief of the Armed forces and has power to send forces for 30 days into any country without Senate approval. The President also has the power to veto any bills passed by Congress. The President also has the power to reprieve and pardon. A reprieve is suspending punishment ordered by law. A pardon is to prevent presecution for a crime.

Well, thats some stuff from my Social Studies textbook (8th grade). It took a long time to type but I hope it helps
              Last edited by dchao; 03-15-2004, 09:40 PM.
              this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
              (:3=

Comment

I suppose saying "President Bush is a complete and total fucktard" falls into the category of "bullshit"?
                --|-- Question #60 | Category: History
                --|-- Question: What husband wife team starred in "a turkey for the president"?
                --|-- Hint: Starts with 'Ron'
                ConCor> ronald reagan
                ConCor> ronal
                --|-- No one has given the correct answer of 'Ronald and Nancy Reagon'

Comment

I believe you need a million signitures collected before you can even run for president. I assume that number has scaled over the years as more people live in the USA.

The million signitures is one reason why parties are so important (among other things). It's easy to get one million signitures if you have a million people in your party and they all decide to endorse you. It's also easier to raise money, have more political capital and so on.

On election day, the candidate with the highest absolute votes in any particular state wins that state thereby taking their electorial college votes. The candidate with the most electorial college votes wins it all at the end. Although technically the voters of the electorial college can vote however they want, they are supposed to listen to the will of the people (although I believe it's happened once or twice in the past where someone on the electorial college voted for someone who didn't win the state).

For those outside their home voting booth, they can vote by proxy by mailing in their ballots early. They must be postmarked before a certain date for it to be valid.

The polls you see on TV are generated by people who ask those coming out of voting booths who they voted for. These are usually correct, although if the race is really close, they can be wrong (See 2000 presidential election and Florida).

-Epi
                  Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                  www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                  www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by burzum
                    Good day to all. I need a little help from you. As you may or may not know, I am studying translatoric studies in German and English. I am currently working on an essay, in which I have to describe the process of electing a new president in the United States. Therefore, I ask all of you who live in the US or possess any knowledge of that process, to help me in my cause. I will be very thankful for any helping posts, please restrain from posting bullshit though...Thank you in advance, free kills for all of you who help me. See you in the Trench.
                    Okay, this is how we yanks do this. First every president has to be 35 years old, born in USA, serve in the military for at least 4 years, must have killed at least one enemy soldier, fucked a goat, and sell their sister to bondage. The running president is chosen by delegates chosen from all 64 states and 5 territories. This running mate runs against the previous president or the running mate from the other party.

But it is more like a game, each runner must raise money by begging or signing pacts with the devil (ie lobbying). They use this money to develop new technologies on how to hypnotize audience with a spam of commercials. Each runner must lie at least 10 times to stay in race. They also use the money to create silicon chips which they imbede into the scalps of every famous and powerful politician they can get their hands on to get their endorsements. They also make, as always, I scratch ur back and u scratch mine deals.

Then 2 weeks b4 voting begins they enter a private deathmatch, a lion and hippo is added to the mix in mortal kombat. Whoever survives gets vice president, whoever loses dies and gets a clone remade for them which serves the presidency term. That is the reason the vice presidency is a dead end in the political realm, because you have witnessed the crazy corruption and death of running mate and can't be allowed to spread the truth so as such u become forgotten.

Actual voting is just a red herring, it is manipulated to fit the result of that mortal kombat. Last election Bush barely won after we thought Gore won, that is because the people fixing the election for Gore were as stupid and incompetent as Bush, while Bush supporters were smarter to steal win, isn't that an oxymoron.

These people have influence on arming candidates in mortal kombat, and maybe can add a few animals.
                    Supreme Commander of the Army
                    Britney Spears
                    Mayor of New York
                    Castro (after he killed JFK he got this power)
                    Last edited by lunch3; 03-16-2004, 01:22 PM.
                    -L3

Comment

Originally posted by lunch3
                      Okay, this is how we yanks do this. First every president has to be 35 years old, born in USA, serve in the military for at least 4 years, must have killed at least one enemy soldier, fucked a goat, and sell their sister to bondage. The running president is chosen by delegates chosen from all 64 states and 5 territories. This running mate runs against the previous president or the running mate from the other party.

But it is more like a game, each runner must raise money by begging or signing pacts with the devil (ie lobbying). They use this money to develop new technologies on how to hypnotize audience with a spam of commercials. Each runner must lie at least 10 times to stay in race. They also use the money to create silicon chips which they imbede into the scalps of every famous and powerful politician they can get their hands on to get their endorsements. They also make, as always, I scratch ur back and u scratch mine deals.

Then 2 weeks b4 voting begins they enter a private deathmatch, a lion and hippo is added to the mix in mortal kombat. Whoever survives gets vice president, whoever loses dies and gets a clone remade for them which serves the presidency term. That is the reason the vice presidency is a dead end in the political realm, because you have witnessed the crazy corruption and death of running mate and can't be allowed to spread the truth so as such u become forgotten.

Actual voting is just a red herring, it is manipulated to fit the result of that mortal kombat. Last election Bush barely won after we thought Gore won, that is because the people fixing the election for Gore were as stupid and incompetent as Bush, while Bush supporters were smarter to steal win, isn't that an oxymoron.

These people have influence on arming candidates in mortal kombat, and maybe can add a few animals.
                      Supreme Commander of the Army
                      Britney Spears
                      Mayor of New York
                      Castro (after he killed JFK he got this power)
                      Sounds about right.
                      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Working...
                      X