Final Fantasy XII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy XII

Okay, so this is what I know so far about the game. The guy's name is Vaan and the girl's name is Ashe. Vaan grew up in the Damaska Kingdom, which has been enslaved and captured by the Arcadia Empire. He hopes that one day he can become a full-fledged air pirate, navigating his own airship out of the god-forsaken land that is now Damaska Kingdom. Ashe is the princess heir of Damaska Kingdom, who is also in concern with her kingdom being captured by the Empire. She creates a resistance party against the Empire, and meets Vaan on the way.

I also found out that the newest and best feature of FF-XII is that, for anyone who has played FF-tactics, Judges will play a role in the fighting sequences in this game. For the misinformed, judges regulate laws that are made to fit certain areas in the world, where different places will have different rules. If judges are going to be EXACTLY the same, basically there will be forbidden spells or weapons that, if used, you will be penalized.

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Soldiers riding on attack-chocobos

Movie rendering of airships

Left to right: Fran, Vaan, Ashe

Images from IGN
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

One beef I have with this game is how effeminate the protagonist is; he looks girlier than Ashe.

Your second post's images didn't pan out.
      Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
      i just wish it was longer
      Originally posted by Cops
      it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

so, on the 1st one. I see there's 3 girls and one guy for the "main characters". I'm wondering if this is gonna be like FFX-2 in that sense.

And in regards to the Judges...

1. Anti-Laws better be in it
        2. Judges kick ass
        DELETED

Comment

Two guys and two girls. They also said that moogles and Cid will be in this one, but I think the moogles might play a more important role in your quest rather than just another NPC.
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.

Comment

we need another moogle as a main character. like Mog from FF6/3
            DELETED

Comment

Biggs and Wedge will make an appearance no doubt

Comment

The blonde guy sitting kinda looks like Zidane from FFIX
                DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

what systems?
                  i thought the rest were supposed to be online?
                  Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

PS2, single player. FFX1 is the only multiplayer, online one they have set so far. By PS3 time, 2005/6, maybe.
                    DELETED

Comment

I heard FFXI sucks, and at 130 bucks it sucks to your wallet too

anybody play it? does it suck?
                      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

I played it for the PC

Basic Scale:

Graphics: 6
                        Sound: 9
                        Gameplay: 7
                        Fun Factor: 7

Cost: $15 (approx.) a month.

It was interesting, it has a storyline you can follow, like all FFs, but its definately not some epic quest of grand proportions. I'm just not all up on that "pay-for-play" bullcrap.

The PS2 Hard Drive is a cool gimmick for this, but without an operating system, like X-Box, its useless to the modding community at this point. But if games start coming out with uses for it, then maybe it would warrant a purchase.

If you're looking to get an harddrive over a game, wait for the Hard Drive to go on sale by itself. It hasn't yet, tho. PS3, probably gonna be shown E3 2005, will most likely have a HD come with it.
                        DELETED

Comment

If you wanna know about FF-XI, u shud ask Chance cuz he plays it 24/7. Same with puppet master
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

I play it too. It's decent. It has a FF feel to it, and reminds me of FF Tactics in its job system. I didn't think it should have been named XI though, as it's different enough from the rest that it's more of an offshoot like FF Tactics or Crystal Cronicles.

Comment

FF:CC has the worst plot ever created for a FF game. Graphics are fine but they're just taking advantage of the GC console, and its no surprise why they chose it, to accentuate the graphics over anything else. The general jist that people have about CC is that the plot sux.
                              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                              Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
                              X