The Day After Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Day After Tomorrow

I don't know about you guys over in USA and Canada, but here in Hong Kong land, The Day After Tomorrow was released a few days ago, and the trailer really got me into watching the movie. At first thought, paying the money just to see the world come to its dismal end not because of bush's stupidity was worth it in itself, but I was severely wrong. I guess the idea is pretty original, using a certain degree of factual information to hypothesize the world's destruction, but before we talk about the destruction and all, lets start this movie. I'm sitting there waiting for shit to happen, and o yes, stuff is getting busted up, but the plot moves way to slow for such a movie on such a massive scale that they must cover. I was bored out of my mind for the first half of the movie. The massive destruction afterwards lost its effect when I thought about the gruesome plot building from the beginning. All actors rolls were of course overcasted by the tremendous amount of CG that occurs (this was a given). Idea was cool, so I guess I shouldn't be asking too much more.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

It's already been released where i live, I haven't had time to go and see it yet, and I won't be able to this weekend either, because my brother has his graduation ceremonies and stuff.. But I reallllyyy want to see it, it looks really good.
    Sina Olet Sootti :)

Comment

I dunno..... it looks like one of those movies that'll get repetitive very fast.
      DELETED

Comment

whats it about? i havent seen it yet
        I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Comment

I am planning on seeing it within 2 weeks. :P Sooo uhh, it basically sucks?

Comment

I've only heard bad reviews. I'll wait for cable
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

left hippie propaganda
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by arwen_7
                whats it about? i havent seen it yet
                It's about Sunday.

Comment

Another end of the world type genre of movies. Believe this one is what would happen if the polar ice caps melt? But somehow they have killer thunderstorms and tornadoes. Its the director that did the Movie The Independence Day so you can't expect much from it.

Comment

Hollywood is running dreadfully low on ideas.
                    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Oh I just saw this movie, my friend wanted to see it and I had $13 to blow. I knew it was going to suck so I went in expecting absolutely nothing. The movie had more factual plot holes than anything I'd ever seen but you know what? It was a good time. They did a great job with it.

Roland Emerich really knows how to do a disaster movie and this was just good fun. Lord of the Rings this is not, but it is not The Core either. So go and see it for the pretty special effects and you may be surprized.

-Epi
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

i decided to see Shrek 2 instead because the first one was hilarious. The second was funny too.
                        There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Working...
                        X