Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy VII - Before Crisis (This is not what you're hoping for though :/)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy VII - Before Crisis (This is not what you're hoping for though :/)

Originally posted by Gamespot.com
    Final Fantasy VII mobile update
    NTT DoCoMo handsets to support upcoming prequel first announced at E3.

Earlier this month at E3, Square Enix announced that a mobile prequel to its RPG blockbuster Final Fantasy VII was in the works. Some additional factoids about the product, titled Before Crisis - Final Fantasy VII, were recently revealed, specifically that the game is slated for a September 2004 release, and it will be available (in Japan) on NTT DoCoMo 900i-series or higher phones.

Square Enix has not yet announced a North American release date for Before Crisis. However, given the disparity between Japanese and North American handset technology, it's likely that Before Crisis will not be a downloadable option for US gamers for the foreseeable future.

As previously reported, Before Crisis will be set in the environs of Midgar, the dystopian metropolis that had fallen under the sway of the evil Shinra Corporation in the first Final Fantasy VII. This time around, players will control a member of the Turks--the elite band of Shinra operatives that worked at cross-purposes to Cloud Strife and his friends in the 1997 PlayStation original. And in lieu of the original title's nonlinear, exploratory, turn-based gameplay, Before Crisis will feature mission-based objectives and real-time combat.

Square Enix has also revealed that this action role-playing game will support real-time multiplayer--for up to three players--over a cellular network.

By Steve Palley -- GameSpot
    POSTED: 05/26/04 10:49AM PST
    This is a prequel to PSX's Final Fantasy VII, the smash hit RPG that pushed the Final Fantasy series into the mainstream. Now, this is not a lie, this is not an April Fools Joke (Look, it's May 28th) or any hoax.

You play as the Turks, who you are actually against in the FF7 game for PSX.

Now, talking in my opinion, I'm pissed as hell over this. Reason 1: This game is played over a mobile phone. Its been proven with recient releases that mobile phones aren't "there" to give you, the player, an enjoyable gaming experience. Reason 2: This is only gonna be in Japan, but thinking back to reason 1, I'm not all that mad that we're not getting this.
    DELETED

i have a guy friend that played final fantasy 11 ... me and his girlfriend wanted to destroy his computer so he'd hang out with his friends, but he stopped playing
    Sina Olet Sootti :)

Comment

Originally posted by aussie
      i have a guy friend that played final fantasy 11 ... me and his girlfriend wanted to destroy his computer so he'd hang out with his friends, but he stopped playing
      You women always have to take away what us men love the most when you should be trying to share in our hobbies. To all the women on this forum (all 4 of them). If you want to spend more time with your game obsessed boyfriend, just go down on him while he plays. You get that special attention that you so richly deserve, he gets to merge his two favorite things into one and best of all, you now have something else that you can share as a couple

Comment

If she wants to get back at him, she should piggy back on his account, meet him in game, and pretend to be some scary internet stalker. He'll get off quick like a bunny.
        DELETED

Comment

This has no effect on the movie that they said they were releasing this summer does it? IF IT DOES.....o m f g
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.
          . â–²
          ▲ ▲

Comment

I don't think so.
            DELETED

Comment

I'm looking forward to that movie. I've seen a couple different trailers for it, and they all look pretty darn impressive. I love seeing Cloud's sword get sliced in two effortlessly by Sepiroth.
              Merf. <_<

Comment

They seem to make lots of new features from the old FFVII. First Advent Children and now this.

Btw, What console are they releasing this new game?
                Regency> not in for dd lol
                Regency> would rather eat some cock ;<

Comment

Nokia Mobile Phones, i think.
                  DELETED

Comment

Working...
                  X