Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windstruck - Sassy Girl 2

--no spoilers--

During my time in Hong Kong, the movie had begun its hype one week in. From huge posters in stores such as Giordano, to large painted advertisements in subways and on the side of buses, Hong Kong was set to make the best out of this movie that is set for popularity. Being the "sequel" to the Biggest and one of the most influential korean movies ever, My Sassy Girl, audience members thought nothing but success for this movie. Starring korean actress Jeon Ji Hyun from My Sassy Girl, and a new co-star who's as popular with the ladies as Ji Hyun is with the guys, Jang Hyuk, the match is a dream come true. PLUS to top off the icing on this gravy cake, Ji Hyun and Jang Hyuk visit Hong Kong in person to various interviews and special presentations to promote the movie even further. With all this shit going on and the movie release on June 3 in HOng Kong, you guessed it, I watched the movie the day it came out. 2 words describe my feelings before the movie and after: Holy Fuck.

The theatre I went to was soo fuckin packed, and if I would've got to the theatre any later than I had (which is already 1.5 hours early), I would've gotten some crappy seat in the back row towards the side beside some random foobar. 10 minutes before the first showing, I noticed the next 2 showings of the movie were all sold out. So enough of the pre-game show, let's here what this is about.

The movie is basically about two entirely different people with different personalities meeting coincidentally and unexpectedly falling in love. Yea but here's the catch, SHE'S SASSY. Ji Hyun plays Yeo the fearless and downright "doesn't-give-a-shit-if-your-arm-doesn't-bend-that-way" kind of style Cop Girl. She meets Jang Hyuk who plays Myung Woo in the movie, a high school physics teacher, mistakenly takes him for a thief, chases him down, ties some handy wire she finds in the alley, and sprays hair spray on his face with an added face wash just in case. This movie is funny when it needs to be, and even more sad when it needs to be. This is definitely not your typical korean melodrama, with someone diagnosed with cancer near the end and everyone dies emotionally/physically. ANYWAYS, there's a nice added twist at the end, which really got the whole theatre cracking up for a whole minute. It's also a plus if you've already watched several korean movies including: My Sassy Girl, The Classic, and Volcano High, as there are MANY quick parodies that make the movie always interesting. If you haven't seen these movies already, they are still funny as they are too.

Bottom line is that this is going to be one of the bigger korean movies out there, and if you have never watched any korean movies or have only watched one or two, watching this one will definitely disappoint. Unfortunately the movie is not available everywhere YET, but I'm sure the VCD/DVD is going to be up for download/purchase.

Personally I give the movie 4 / 5 stars just because I'm a tough critic. My Sassy Girl was the original, and even though the idea in Windstruck has an all-around original plot, her character is similar with only a few changes. My Sassy Girl gets my 5 / 5.

Official Site http://www.yeochinso.com/
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Argh feedback ppl!
    Do you have this movie at your theatres?
    Have you ever watched korean movies?
    Ever watch asian movies in general?
    EXPERIENCES???//

Here's some pics of Windstruck

There's a big fat advert plugin
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

It's in Korean? If it is in Chinese, i'd go see it when I go back to China this summer. But I don't understand Korean. Rawr.

Comment

haha how sad, no one answers ur post hehe..
        personally, i love it =.="~~

i want to watch it too..meh.. =(
        my sassy girl = best ever korean movie i have ever watched
        i cant wait to watch windstruck but then...only hk and korea have it out
        diu )%(@*%$)@(#*$)@(#$*()@#*$&@*(#%&

btw kimchi, you know that this is a white game? haha...
        i doubt many pplz even heard of my sassy girl la ~~
        and these korean actress, i doubt any of these fruits know who?? loooooooooooool

ai... *wish i was in hk right now and watch it* ~~~ =.="~

Comment

Originally posted by Aggravate
          It's in Korean? If it is in Chinese, i'd go see it when I go back to China this summer. But I don't understand Korean. Rawr.

they have it translated i think
          or else, no one will understand it even if it'z out in hk ^_________^ ~~

Comment

Yea man, the movie is korean with chinese subtitles. THey're coming out with the english subtitle one shortly.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
            X