• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
    The Darkness are plain bad
    Men shouldn't sing that high of notes.

Ever.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2059

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
        Men shouldn't sing that high of notes.

Ever.
        haha that's what i like about those guys. they're doing something completely different...plus I usually can't stop laughing when he hits that high C. entertaining to say the least

zeus, the pixies were extremely ahead of their time. listen to anything off of doolittle and it would easily pass for modern punk music. and it's from like 1987. they had some not-so-hot stuff at times, but that's unavoidable no matter who you are. that passes as 'cutting edge' for me.

edit: the article link paul posted on the darkness pretty much hits the nail on the head
        Last edited by Pearl Jam; 06-12-2004, 05:38 PM.
        PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
          I would like to go to Wacken but then again it's on the other side of the earth.
          Hah that's about 50 minutes by car for me

Comment

That first concert is in England, for whoever asked... I don't know if they got answered. It's in a town called Reading, if I remember correctly..

I want to go see the fucking Pixies.. I had a chance to.. but nooo the tickets all sold out.
            Sina Olet Sootti :)

Comment

Here, we've got the summer of NOTHING-NESS. All rap. All summer.

We had Metallica back in March though, that was great.
              Merf. <_<

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                I thought Reel Big Fish spontaneously combusted like 3 years ago.
                This is pretty accurate. The lead singer, lead guitar, half the horns, the drummer, and base guitar all left.. I think there's still a trumpet player from the original band hanging around, but it's not the crew that got radio playtime.

Comment

Originally posted by PhaTz
                  All y'all don't even understand the truth behind music, music comes from our heart, it comes from our experience, but not our hate, not our sorrow. Why y'all tryna disclude the rapper, just because he raps he does not deserve what the rest does? It's time to stop all the hate and animosity, wake up and bring us unity.

If you only have love for your own race, then you only leave space to discriminate, and to discriminate only generates hate, and when you hate you're bound to get irate.

So tell me brother, why?
                  I hate you and everything but I gotta agree. Especially because i've recently downloaded 50 cent, jay Z, clipse/neptunes/phar(r?)e(l?)l, and those guys really do pour their soul into it.

IMO, I think people are "wary" of rap for the same reason theyre wary of pop music, because of the way corporate america bascially creates and sells the bands/rappers and write their lyrics to make them seem like they grew up poor, fought on the streets, etc.
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

i'd have to agree.. some rap songs have really good lyrics if you listen to them.
                    Sina Olet Sootti :)

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                      The Darkness are plain bad but I can't see what people like about Bowie and the Pixies? Sure easily excitable music journalists will claim both of them invented everything, but the music just seems "poor" rather than "cutting edge"
                      dont be that guy
                      5:gen> man
                      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Don't be that guy who says "don't be that guy."
                        Knowledge is power. Arm yourself.

Comment

everyone likes atreyu but i dont. and everyone is so stoked for their shown in ottawa. except me. I mean seriously, they are just hardcore so they can wear makeup and space out their ears.
                          I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

I'm going to the Warped Tour (if you haven't heard of it you live under a rock) and perhaps the Curiosa Festival (feat. the Cure, Interpol, the Rapture, Mogwai, Thursday, Muse, Cursive, and more).
                            Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                            i just wish it was longer
                            Originally posted by Cops
                            it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by aussie
                              i'd have to agree.. some rap songs have really good lyrics if you listen to them.
                              oh hell ya ch-check this out:

"all I got is my blackness, some others seem to lack this!"
                              "I'm doin' a hundred on the highway. So if you do the speed limit, get the fuck outta my way!"
                              "Got every man in here wishin. Sippin on coke and rum. I'm like so what I'm drunk. It's the freakin weekend baby"
                              “You getting money? I can't none with ya then fuck ya. I'm not the type to get knocked for D.W.I.”
                              “I'm slick enough to twist your lines and send them back at you”
                              “Banks hopped out bulletproof this, bulletproof that. Bulletproof snorkel, bulletproof hat”

lol that’s weak, I’m sorry for those who have actually taken these songs seriously

And then there's always:
                              "sup baby. die n***** shit fuck n***** hah, un un... what n***** yeah... shit fuck damn, bitch n***** ho always be eastside n***** piimpin, fuck that shit be trippin robbin' me like a n*****. n****. fosho n***** fosho, ya'mean? look n**** I fuckin love happy rainbows n shit so wut n***** bitch. dick n*****, suck my n**** dick fuck bitch jump jump, yeah n***** ha ha, un un what? drop clips on yo ass n***** n***** gangsta n***** westside n***** n***** pop a cap in ya n***** ass yeah yea n*****. n*****."

Man that's deep :eek:

But that seems to be the main idea of every [urban] rap song I've unwillingly heard... However HipHop is a diff story.

(not to get off topic…)
                              hey I'm Paddy Tanniger the caddie manager yeah it rhymes big whoop wanna fiight about it??
                              !

Comment

Awesome lineup, Von Bondies are good music-wise but the vocals are crap.

I will be watching it on TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X