Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World of Warcraft is Looking Outstanding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Warcraft is Looking Outstanding!

Blizzard's MMORPG has been revealed through beta testers on WorldofWar.net

I'd like to point out a few clips that some of these beta testers have taken, that look pretty amazing, except for the shitty sound recording, and the person's character recording it is some sort of dummy or something (meaning they're not really part of the game), I can't really figure it out.

Check the vids out here:
    http://www.worldofwar.net/files/file...er&type=Movie%
    Last edited by PaulOakenfold; 06-15-2004, 10:19 PM.

I played the Alpha. It was ok for game play but it was very unpolished (it wasn't even close to being done at that point. The world wasn't even complete). If they can pull off a good economy and trading system, something to beat the basic UO one, then i'm definatly playing this because the graphics are so fucking good.

Edit: BTW, this isn't a normal "diablo" or for lack of a better reference Subspace type game, so don't jump into it and waste 70 $ if you don't want to spend a lot of time to have fun in WOW or any other MOG. This is a Massive online game, which means it's a persistent world. Although Blizzard has done good work so far Massive online games tend to turn off most gamers pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Kolar; 06-15-2004, 11:15 PM.

Comment

I've been stuck to all blizzards games, Diablo, StarCraft .. and now Warcraft.
      They are awesome! Warcraft is going to be awesome.. :up:

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
      1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
      1:Freeze> LOL FAR
      ---
      5:waven> freeze
      5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
      5:waven> you state your business with sanji
      5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
      5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
      5:waven> and i will talk to ease
      5:Freeze> LOL
      5:waven> that's how things work around here
      --
      1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Has anyone play'd FF XI yet? How's it like? Is it like Phantasy Star Online?

Comment

MMORPG's are bad for you. Stay far far away.
          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Phatz, http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=11379
            Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
            i just wish it was longer
            Originally posted by Cops
            it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
              I played the Alpha. It was ok for game play but it was very unpolished (it wasn't even close to being done at that point. The world wasn't even complete). If they can pull off a good economy and trading system, something to beat the basic UO one, then i'm definatly playing this because the graphics are so fucking good.

Edit: BTW, this isn't a normal "diablo" or for lack of a better reference Subspace type game, so don't jump into it and waste 70 $ if you don't want to spend a lot of time to have fun in WOW or any other MOG. This is a Massive online game, which means it's a persistent world. Although Blizzard has done good work so far Massive online games tend to turn off most gamers pretty quickly.

If you didn't like it too much, gimme your account kolar? My roommate has the beta, and I'm considering killing him in his sleep just to aquire the game.

No really, if anyone wants me to be their best friend for at least a couple months, hook a brother up?

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                I played the Alpha. It was ok for game play but it was very unpolished (it wasn't even close to being done at that point. The world wasn't even complete).
                I should have at this point stopped reading your post, but instead I'll tell you why you're wrong. First off, the game was in ALPHA! Of course the world isnt going to be even nearly complete. In the ALPHA you could only get up to level 20. The content they had in ALPHA from levels 1-20 was more polished than most completed MMO's. Judging a game based on its ALPHA (I'm going to keep capitalizing that word) is just stupid. Log in to the beta sometime, the level cap is 45, with a ton of new content for all levels.
                Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
                Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

Originally posted by triceratops
                  I should have at this point stopped reading your post, but instead I'll tell you why you're wrong. First off, the game was in ALPHA! Of course the world isnt going to be even nearly complete. In the ALPHA you could only get up to level 20. The content they had in ALPHA from levels 1-20 was more polished than most completed MMO's. Judging a game based on its ALPHA (I'm going to keep capitalizing that word) is just stupid. Log in to the beta sometime, the level cap is 45, with a ton of new content for all levels.
                  Too bad you cashed out everyones items. My roommate now has a naked level 19 mage running around the normal server. Is it just me, or did they "fix" the bust size on the human female models?

Comment

The female dwarves and taurens are hot

Comment

Originally posted by triceratops
                      Sorry but I thought I tried to explain that or that anyone reading it would understand by Alpha meant it wouldn't be finished or a playable game at that point. I didn't play it expecting a complete game, I mean, come on, it was stolden (Sorry to get your hopes up Wadi, it was on a private server. Check Suprnova for a copy of it, some servers might still be up ). All I could really do was kill some stuff and move around the world with the warp console command. I think that from just playing that I can safely say it's going to be a good game.

What I meant by unpolished was that the dynamics of the game were not finished, for example when riding a steed and hitting a wall I'd turn over and falling through the map ect... The graphics and other elements were all there and it was beautiful. Sorry, but I couldn't compare it to other MOG releases because I haven't been involved with many.
                      Last edited by Kolar; 06-16-2004, 04:36 PM.

Comment

I don't think this will stand out too much as a MMORPG. Warcraft is a great RTS game, personally, unless you're a hardcore warcraft fan there are better choices out there. Everquest 2, DAOC, and even free mmorpgs such as Tibia.
                        TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                        TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                        TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
                          I don't think this will stand out too much as a MMORPG. Warcraft is a great RTS game, personally, unless you're a hardcore warcraft fan there are better choices out there. Everquest 2, DAOC, and even free mmorpgs such as Tibia.
                          I've played all the ones you mentioned (sans EQ2 because it isn't out). WoW stands out head and shoulders above those. EQ2 looks like the backside of a camel by the way.

Comment

In comparison to WoW, what do you guys think of Dark & Light? Or Guild Wars?

...If you remember that Guild Wars public beta last month, it went extremely well, managing to pick up tons of new supporters and fanatics.
                            They will certainly give WoW a run for their money, especially since the only fee is to purchase the game itself--no more than 50 bucks (USD).
                            hey I'm Paddy Tanniger the caddie manager yeah it rhymes big whoop wanna fiight about it??
                            !

Comment

I love WoW, through I don't play as much anymore.... it's by far one of the nicest mmorpgs out there, and I have played about everyone.

Guild Wars, is just plan awesome. I played during the 3 days or so, E3 was happening. It was really different in that you had solo elements and multiplayer elements, it will be a good game.
                              ()_()
                              (0.o)
                              (")(")

Comment

Working...
                              X