Advice on PDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on PDA

I need a new cell phone, but I would also like a new PDA.

I have seen new PDA's with cell phone capabilities, as well as WI-FI internet access.

I am thinking about going to check out the Treo from Mindspring, or a T-Mobile 2003 Pocket PC Phone edition.

I don't really want T-Mobile as my Wireless provider, but I have the seen the same device made by 2 other manufacturers.

The cababilities I want are the following:

Cell Phone
    Organizer
    Scheduler
    Unlimited Internet Access
    Instant Messenger for PDA
    Text Messaging, for friend that wont use Instant Messenger

As far as the service is concerned, I know I will probably have to pay around 70 dollars a month on a phone plan and unlimited internet access included.

My question is for anyone that owns a PDA. What would you recommend for the capabilities I need?

Funny that you started this thread. My mom is looking for something to buy me for christmas and I couldn't think of anything except a PDA so I was gonna start researching them.

I can't help you though, since i didn't start yet, and we're looking for very different things. I want it to have an MP3 player and games. a camera would be cool, but not necessary,a nd I don't need a phone.
    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

My brother uses one of those T-Mobile phones. Evidently, the screen's cracked about twice in the last two years, and it had to be replaced. This was just normal use--he's 32, so he wasn't exactly playing full-contact ultimate fighting championship.

Personally, the only thing I find kind of cool about the thing is that (if he wants to) he can put movies onto flash memory cards and watch them on flights. I know, it sounds like with the compression it would suck, but I actually watched part of Return of the King on his phone, and it was actually decent.

However, PDAs are dying. Do yourself a favor and either wait until there's better convergence of PDAs and phones or just buy a small laptop. PDAs are a waste of cash.
      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

I don't know much about cellphone's
        help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

I had a Sony Clie that I got for christmas one year, it was cool for awhile, then it seemed to get old, and I sold it to my friends mom for 100 bucks
          1:Sensitive> i hit a family of ducks the other day on the high way

Comment

bz go for a hp/compaq ... get an ipaq those are consistantly the highest rated PDAs around. Go for the Sony Clie if you like Palm OS instead of PocketPC cause you'll get a digital camera and all the works if you pay enough.

-Epi
            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

i got this palm, it includes photocamera, u can put software for mp3 player on it (such as Palmamp, winamp but then only for palm ) Adress book, InfraRed, Agenda, Games (warfare Incorperated ows, same as redalert but for palm) u can go on the internet with it trough IR and your sellphone.

if u don't want to include a cellphone with it, i would go for this one.
              (the newer version is out to btw Zire 72)
              Code:
              1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
              1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
              1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
              1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
              1:lnx> kk
              1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                bz go for a hp/compaq ... get an ipaq those are consistantly the highest rated PDAs around. Go for the Sony Clie if you like Palm OS instead of PocketPC cause you'll get a digital camera and all the works if you pay enough.

-Epi

I haven't used any in person, just started reading about them today, but the Clie looks cool because it's got a larger screen than most, and I could use the memory sticks that I have from my camera.

I don't know the difference between the palm os and the pocketpc.
                http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I believe Sony is dropping sales and support for their Clies in both the US and Europe. It may be a bad idea.
                  Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

yours is the only version of my desertion that I could ever subscribe to
                    that is all that I can do
                    you are a past dinner the last winner I'm raking all around me
                    until the last drop is behind you

you're so cute when you're frustrated, dear
                    you're so cute when you're sedated, dear
                    i'm resting

sleep tight, dream right, we have two hundred couches
                    where you can sleep tight, dream right, we have two hundred couches
                    where you can sleep tonight, sleep tonight, sleep tonight, sleep tonight

you are the only person who?s completely certain there?s nothing here to be into
                    that is all that you can do
                    you are a past sinner, the last winner and everything we've come to
                    makes you you
                    and you cannot safely say while I will be away
                    that you will not consider sadly how you hurt me this free
                    you will not reach me I am resenting a position that is past resentment now I can consider now there is this distance so

sleep tight, dream right, we have two hundred couches
                    where you can sleep tonight, sleep tonight, sleep tonight, sleep tonight

something to say
                    something to do
                    nothing to say
                    when there's nothing to do

Someone had to drop the Interpol song. Figured I could.
                    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                    X