No announcement yet.

Commercials before movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since ever i can rember there has been at lest 15min of adds before a movie at the cinema here. :/ but its not a bad thing means u can aim to be there at the time it says it starts showing at then you have time to buy ur sweeties and get to you seat ant the movie will start
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila
      lol..i read the following from a newspaper a couple month ago

a local mom said: "I took my 5-year-old daughter to see a movie that is rated G. It's really a good movie for my daughter, but to my surprise.. they showed several previews of some R-rated movies just before our movie starts. I had to cover my daughter's eyes"
      Along those lines, I went to see Dodgeball today (good movie). In the previews, before it started there was the green MPAA screen that said "this preview has been cleared for all audiences." It was the Alien vs Predator movie. That is NOT something that is clear for all audiences. MPAA needs to get its shit together.
      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

It's big business finding new ways to bombard us with adverts. Get used to it, it's only going to get worse. TV Ad executives flipped out when DVR (digital video recording) cable boxes came out. They are now developing DVR boxes that recieve radio signals from appliances in your home so they can air advertisements that pertain to you. You own an XBox and a fancy mobile phone? Expect videogame and Verizon commercials.
        Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
        Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
          Along those lines, I went to see Dodgeball today (good movie). In the previews, before it started there was the green MPAA screen that said "this preview has been cleared for all audiences." It was the Alien vs Predator movie. That is NOT something that is clear for all audiences. MPAA needs to get its shit together.
          Was it a cleaned up version of the trailer?

The bad thing is, one can't give a over-18 or something for a movie trailer that is not bloody or sadistic or anything, even if the movie itself might be. Problem? Yes, kids see the trailer and want to see the movie too.
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

it is kinda cool tro. they always let u see the good commercials.
            Originally posted by Kolar
            My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
            ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
              Was it a cleaned up version of the trailer?
              Nope. Blood, guts, the whole schebang.
              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I am lucky my cinema does a thing called the early show which is when they do the ads/commercials and they have a thing called showtime(very clever). At that time everyone floods in because all the comercials are done and this when they show the usual trailers and then start the movie. So if a movie says 8:20pm its really 8:40pm for showtime. So I usually talk to people in the lobby/play video games/get food before showtime.

Comment

Working...
                X