My new Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Mac

Currently en route to my house, is my new (at least to me) Macintosh.

Dual G4 Quicksilver. I am extremely pleased.
    Dual 1Ghz G4 Processors, 80 GB Hard Drive, 2x SuperDrive (Dvd Burner), Geforce 4 video card. OS X 10.3 Panther Installed. Something new I'll have to try to test emulating Continuum with.
    My Cube however, even with the new flashed Geforce proved not to be as much a success as I had hoped. The Emulation lag can make it seem like you're actually experiencing net lag, because of the client nature of Continuum. I hit a pretty solid 29-31 framerate, but the controls were spongy, and the game was lagged to the point of being somewhat jerky. Disappointing, considering I know that with a native client, my little cube would run the hell out of it. i'll try it with the quicksilver, and see what happens. Just have to wait for microsoft to get off their ass, and write hardware acceleration into the next versions of VPC like they've promised. That would solve most of the problem, I imagine.

Someday I'll get two of the new 30" apple cinema displays ($3200 each), and the special new video card it takes to control a display that large ($599), and be able to play SS on that. I want to see a warbird as big as my fist.
    "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

i also just bought a new apple :

My New Apple

:up:
    Code:
    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
    1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
    1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
    1:lnx> kk
    1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

dots' wins but the silver one is good.
      Makelele> whos camping
      Sumpson> mitch
      KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
      Lemar> mitch
      Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

dotsy that is the ugliest mother-fucking apple I have ever seen.
        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
        5: Da1andonly> =((
        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

WTF no its sooo juicy mmmm
          Makelele> whos camping
          Sumpson> mitch
          KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
          Lemar> mitch
          Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

i thought continuum never worked on mac's......
            I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Comment

I think it doesn't in fact. You can do other stuff than play continuum with a computer though.

Comment

no, you can emulate it using a Windows emulator which is what he said. However, it lags when you do that due to the emulation algorithms and such.

Comment

It looks like a monster! (in a good way)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                    no, you can emulate it using a Windows emulator which is what he said. However, it lags when you do that due to the emulation algorithms and such.
                    I didn't even bother reading the opening post, the picture was enough for me

Comment

at least dotsy's apple works.

Comment

ahahaha funniest thing RR has ever / will ever say
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
                          Currently en route to my house, is my new (at least to me) Macintosh.

Dual G4 Quicksilver. I am extremely pleased.
                          Dual 1Ghz G4 Processors, 80 GB Hard Drive, 2x SuperDrive (Dvd Burner), Geforce 4 video card. OS X 10.3 Panther Installed. Something new I'll have to try to test emulating Continuum with.
                          My Cube however, even with the new flashed Geforce proved not to be as much a success as I had hoped. The Emulation lag can make it seem like you're actually experiencing net lag, because of the client nature of Continuum. I hit a pretty solid 29-31 framerate, but the controls were spongy, and the game was lagged to the point of being somewhat jerky. Disappointing, considering I know that with a native client, my little cube would run the hell out of it. i'll try it with the quicksilver, and see what happens. Just have to wait for microsoft to get off their ass, and write hardware acceleration into the next versions of VPC like they've promised. That would solve most of the problem, I imagine.

Someday I'll get two of the new 30" apple cinema displays ($3200 each), and the special new video card it takes to control a display that large ($599), and be able to play SS on that. I want to see a warbird as big as my fist.
                          Dude, where do you get all the money from? Gimme me some?
                          DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                          Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                          Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                          -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

I would send you some money, but the shipping to Norway would kill me.

That someday will probably be the year 2500, hehe. I want two, but it's hard for me to justify in my mind, 7000 dollars for two displays. It's hard for me to justify 3200 for one. But the Quicksilver should be here Tuesday, unless UPS works tomorrow, in which case it'd be tomorrow. I'm pretty jazzed about it.
                            "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                              You can do other stuff than play continuum with a computer though.

really? :eek:
                              FIRST you pillage, THEN you burn.

Comment

Working...
                              X