Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

King Arthur - Why this movie gave me a headache.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Arthur - Why this movie gave me a headache.

This weekend I went back to Penn State for the arts festival. So, after walking around for 3 hours, we decided to go see a movie before heading out to dinner with everyone else that didnt go. I could've seen spiderman 2, i've been hearing good things about that movie, but I wanted to see King Arthur because I really liked Braveheart.

This movie is no Braveheart.

There is minimal violence. And the characters are bland. After 2 hours of fruitless killing and talking and forced comedy and cliched scenes about holding your sword up into the sun (which was done TERRIBLY. not at all like that gandalf charge down the hill in the 2nd lotr) and having sex with a rescued pagan right before going into battle which didn't even make sense or fit in AT ALL, I had a thumping headache about how much this movie really sucked. Especially this day and age, maybe this movie wouldve been cool 10 years ago, but not now.

On the good side, this story is a fairly accurate depiction of one part of arthur's life. but why the FUCK did they start off with the focus on one of his OTHER knights? Merlin was some old tribal fuck, no magic whatsoever. If the movie was trying to be "realistic" at least show the blood. At least add some flavor to this otherwise colorless piece of crap.

This movie was slightly better than Dungeons and Dragons. Which isn't a complement at all. Avoid this movie at all costs. Even if you're a fantasy fan, this movie blows chunks.

score: 2/10

P.S. the girl from pirates of the caribbean is pretty hot.
    P.P.S I had a reuben sandwich from champs for dinner and it was great. It really made up for the movie.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Yes, Kiera Knightly is damn hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
      This weekend I went back to Penn State for the arts festival. So, after walking around for 3 hours, we decided to go see a movie before heading out to dinner with everyone else that didnt go. I could've seen spiderman 2, i've been hearing good things about that movie, but I wanted to see King Arthur because I really liked Braveheart.

This movie is no Braveheart.

There is minimal violence. And the characters are bland. After 2 hours of fruitless killing and talking and forced comedy and cliched scenes about holding your sword up into the sun (which was done TERRIBLY. not at all like that gandalf charge down the hill in the 2nd lotr) and having sex with a rescued pagan right before going into battle which didn't even make sense or fit in AT ALL, I had a thumping headache about how much this movie really sucked. Especially this day and age, maybe this movie wouldve been cool 10 years ago, but not now.

On the good side, this story is a fairly accurate depiction of one part of arthur's life. but why the FUCK did they start off with the focus on one of his OTHER knights? Merlin was some old tribal fuck, no magic whatsoever. If the movie was trying to be "realistic" at least show the blood. At least add some flavor to this otherwise colorless piece of crap.

This movie was slightly better than Dungeons and Dragons. Which isn't a complement at all. Avoid this movie at all costs. Even if you're a fantasy fan, this movie blows chunks.

score: 2/10

P.S. the girl from pirates of the caribbean is pretty hot.
      P.P.S I had a reuben sandwich from champs for dinner and it was great. It really made up for the movie.

Dude thats way too long....no ones gonna read that....i for one didnt
      Originally posted by Tone
      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

DURRR The post above mine is too long DURRR! DURRR NOT GONNA READ IT DURRR (i'm trying to get across to you that I don't approve of your short attention span and that it implies senseless stupidity).

I agree with most of the things you said Bio, although I wouldn't say it was as bad as you said it was. If nothing else, it did an awesome job of depicting the ACTUAL time period King Arthur and company truly lived in. People don't realize that although those characters have almost always been portrayed in medieval times, the real series of events took place centuries before "medieval times" (NOT THE RESTAURANT).

For the record though, Medieval Times is a badass (albeit cheesy) restaurant. Both times I've been to one I've sat in the red knight's section, and both times he has failed to achieve victory and endless glory. For the aforementioned reasons, I hate the red knight. I hate him so god damn much.
        Last edited by Pearl Jam; 07-12-2004, 06:02 PM.
        PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

I didn't like when he lost his powers because he didn't want to be spiderman anymore. I mean, why would his powers fade? Can't he just leave the glasses off and be a really coordinated regular dude?
          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

King Arthur looks like a shitty movie.

Comment

boycot that jerry bruckheimer

boycot jews
              Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
              Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

dear triceratops,

boycott, homie. boycott

yours,

jeep

edit: what about "The Rock"? huh?
                PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

I haven't seen King Arthur yet- I'm seeing it just for Keira Knightley, who is my favourite woman in the entire world- but I did see Anchorman today, which is positively fantastic and even better than Dodgeball.
                  Originally posted by Ward
                  OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

I was really hoping the movie would be a hit. Although I really can't stand movies that have no plot. So you say it was good in some ways, is it worth going to check out, or should I just d/l or rent it?
                    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

From the trailers and adverts it looks crap. They use a really pathetic voice-over on them over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer
                        Dude thats way too long....no ones gonna read that....i for one didnt
                        I did read.
                        Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
                          I haven't seen King Arthur yet- I'm seeing it just for Keira Knightley
                          That's why I'm not seeing it.
                          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                          1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                          1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                          1:Chao <ER>> at all
                          1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                          1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                          Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                          Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by pandagirl89
                            Because she is 23o4162384713248123645923567492374564298562934578 times better looking than you are?

Comment

Originally posted by pandagirl89
                              That doesn't even make sense. If you were trying to insult my OVERBEARING, DISGUSTING MYSOGYNY (god! it's horrible!), there are more clever ways of doing it. And, if that's what you were trying to do, you're a moron. (I think you might have meant that you wouldn't want to see a movie surrounded by OVERBEARINGLY, DISGUSTINGLY MYSOGYNISTIC MEN- and who would? eww!- in which case you're still a moron, because it's not like they're going to sit next to you and shout into your ear "ISN'T SHE A NICE ONE! HAR HAR!")

If you weren't doing either of the above, never mind- you just don't make sense.
                              Originally posted by Ward
                              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Working...
                              X