Tw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tw

The reason why I'm writing this is because yesterday(it's 01:39hrs here now) when I went online in Trench wars, I noticed a severe lack of people there(only around 169? people)

Now where I'm getting at:
    I wonder if, after our "Generation" of gamers stops playing or died out, there will still be a place for games like this. Meaning with the abundance of "high-tech" games (most likely things will get even more "fancy" then today's Half-life 2, Halo I & II) kids won't bother anymore to play trench wars. They'll get pampered with games so state of the art, making them virtually mindnumb, almost drooling on the screen(if there's gonna be one by then).

I most certainly hope not anyway.
    Most likely this post is a load of crap to some of you, I just pointed this out
    ps: I'm tired, so if this doesn't make sense at all, remove it or something
    More cowbell...

There's already more than one "generation" of players in TW and I don't just mean examples where a father and a son both play, though there are a couple of those. Some might even suggest we're in a third or a fourth generation, depending on how you want to look at it.

Comment

You must have came onto TW at like 5:00AM EST or something like that, because there is usually at least 300 people on, even in the middle of the (North American) day.
      sdg

Comment

TW was experiencing some bad lag the other day, that could have been the cause. TW is not dieing out.
        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
        ---A few minutes later---
        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
        9:Kim> UM
        9:Kim> i didn't
        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I was on at 4, and there were like 300 ppl (EST).
          the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by a falling tree
            The reason why I'm writing this is because yesterday(it's 01:39hrs here now) when I went online in Trench wars, I noticed a severe lack of people there(only around 169? people)

Now where I'm getting at:
            I wonder if, after our "Generation" of gamers stops playing or died out, there will still be a place for games like this. Meaning with the abundance of "high-tech" games (most likely things will get even more "fancy" then today's Half-life 2, Halo I & II) kids won't bother anymore to play trench wars. They'll get pampered with games so state of the art, making them virtually mindnumb, almost drooling on the screen(if there's gonna be one by then).

I most certainly hope not anyway.
            Most likely this post is a load of crap to some of you, I just pointed this out
            ps: I'm tired, so if this doesn't make sense at all, remove it or something
            Well with a special organisation i help 'the gamers'(nerds as human call them) to stop playing addicting games and we will do anything to stop them, dont worry, this game has 1 or 2 years of living to go.

Man im good

Comment

We're the most populated zone in Continuum. I don't think Trench is going under for a while (while being a few years or more).
              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Yup, looks like a slow day if I'm interrupt the graph correctly. TW is the most populated zone with an ave. of 400 people on at any given time. Trench Wars and the rest of SubSpace has at least a few years to go and after that we can enjoy the "dark ages" similar to the VIE crash .

Comment

Trench Wars and the rest of SubSpace has at least a few years to go and after that we can enjoy the "dark ages" similar to the VIE crash .
                  That's what I ment in my drousy sleepy state, it's a shame that (maybe, hopefully not) subspace might dissapear after years yet to come.
                  More cowbell...

Comment

Come on falling, I've got the biggest collection of hi-spec games more than anyone I know, yet I play SS more than I do Halo...

...and Deer Hunter 2004.

Comment

I have to admit I play ss more than SW:KOTOR or anything, but I'm not sure if generations past those that TK mentioned will appreciate ss anymore.
                      Ok, there will always be some people, but I think tw has almost reached its Golden Era so far as populationlevels are concerned.

But don't get me wrong people, I hope tw lives on, I enjoy it at least as much as anyone else does.

btw Kolar, the graph explained me why there were so little ppl online then.
                      More cowbell...

Comment

sigh

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar

Yup, looks like a slow day if I'm interrupt the graph correctly. TW is the most populated zone with an ave. of 400 people on at any given time. Trench Wars and the rest of SubSpace has at least a few years to go and after that we can enjoy the "dark ages" similar to the VIE crash .

how can that be says the min users are 209 but the curent is 0 mmmmm?
                          Cat: You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? 'Hey man. You threw the stick, you go and get it yourself, I'm busy. If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?'

Comment

Originally posted by a falling tree
                            That's what I ment in my drousy sleepy state, it's a shame that (maybe, hopefully not) subspace might dissapear after years yet to come.
                            The population of tw and of other zones is increasing though, so I don't know how you can forsee it falling any time soon. SubSpace won't just disappear, if the SSC biller goes down then some independent zones may stay up.

Btw, I don't think the weekly graph was populated during monday and sunday and the real max is 795, 638 is just the max for this week I believe. As for the current thing I don't know, maybe it isn't picking up real time statics for some values.
                            Last edited by Kolar; 07-14-2004, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X