Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spamon Xa needs help!

Nevermind...

The program is randomly screwing up... I'll repost this later when it stops sucking more ass than Richard Simmons with a dirt devil at a rainbow convention.

----

EDIT: 9:45am ... yay... okay, so it turns out its just because I didn't put in any validation so the program crashes when it gets a CHAR input for an INT value...

Basically... I made a character generation module for a rogue-like game I am writing... the goal is to get you to play yourself by asking you a series of questions.

The YES or NO questions, you answer Y or N for... the number questions, you just answer with the number (it will tell you the units if you need to know the scale) ... but putting "100 pounds" will crash it...

Anyway, I need a bunch of results from various folks so that I can tell if the system is unbalanced or not... likewise, any question ideas/modifications (for sake of clarity) would be greatly appreciated... when the thing is finally released, there will be the safe guards... but I'm just trying to get some input...

Send only what you get after CONGRATS [all the stat info] ... and please send it to llah@themonkeyshow.org

the file is available here:
    http://www.students.niu.edu/~z098002/ChrGen.exe

Thanks for any and all who help, I'll give ya'll a mention in the final documentation
    Last edited by spamon_xa; 07-16-2004, 10:50 AM.
    -Spamon Xa-

Tell me if you got my Email.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
    1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
    1:Freeze> LOL FAR
    ---
    5:waven> freeze
    5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
    5:waven> you state your business with sanji
    5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
    5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
    5:waven> and i will talk to ease
    5:Freeze> LOL
    5:waven> that's how things work around here
    --
    1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Originally posted by IceStorm
      Tell me if you got my Email.
      Negative, no message present... the mail server is new, did it bounce back or something?
      -Spamon Xa-

Comment

Not sure, I'll send again later.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
        1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
        1:Freeze> LOL FAR
        ---
        5:waven> freeze
        5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
        5:waven> you state your business with sanji
        5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
        5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
        5:waven> and i will talk to ease
        5:Freeze> LOL
        5:waven> that's how things work around here
        --
        1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

ALSO!

The program needs to be run from a command prompt or it will just close the window ... [the compiled EXE is a 'DOS' program] ...
          -Spamon Xa-

Comment

I dunno if you know about this or care, but if you have Newsgroups there is a pretty good group for roguelike developement: rec.games.roguelike.development
            sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
              I dunno if you know about this or care, but if you have Newsgroups there is a pretty good group for roguelike developement: rec.games.roguelike.development
              Actually I didn't even think to check the newsgroups... [usually they are over-run with spam and crap] ... I'll have to give it a look see... thanks Stab
              -Spamon Xa-

Comment

Working...
              X