Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me, TV problem

OK, I have a 14" Philips VCR Combi.

A few nights ago it just turned off, for no apparent reason.

First thing I did was to put a new fuse in the plug, made no difference.

So i opened it up, and there was a broken fuse inside - so I replaced it, turned it on, the new fuse popped too!

So i called the repair company, they have a £10 minimum charge. So I want to find out if there's another thing I can try before I have to call them.

Then there's the decision of:
    1) get it repaired,
    2) buy a new tv.

any help is appreciated.

dunno

Comment

maybe the fuse's reistance was too low...try a larger one *shrugs*

Comment

fuses are set low to protect the rest of the shit, if i use a larger one it might just melt something else further down the line.

Comment

Pay the £10 or buy a new TV then

Comment

I'd pay the 10 man, if the repair dudes think it's gonna get expensive just get a new one.
            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

combi tv's are a bitch to repair, the cost will be high trust me!
              A drunken mans words are a sober mans thoughts

LIGHT4CHAMPS

Comment

Best bet is to buy a new TV. That way, you know you won't have to repair it in a month, where if u repaired it, they could of did a shitty job, and therefor you'd have to get it repaired again. Buy a new, better TV.
                the price is right, bitch.

Comment

live without a TV. It's not hard.
                  5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                  5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                  5: Da1andonly> =((
                  5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                  5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                  5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

If u do pay the ten£ then they might just make =up a load of bs to make u pay more for summit thts not broken...sup to u.

Comment

sounds like a short circuit problem, open it up again and see if any metal connection looks melted, if so try to cut away the metal where it overlapped with a different part of the circuit.

Or possibly u got the wrong replacement fuse, try to find one that has a higher current tolerance.

Your choice for is it worth fixing or buying a new one, seems like a simple problem that hopefully will not cost much. If it is old, like 5 years old, I recommend buying a new one if u cant fix it urself.
                      -L3

Comment

get the original broken fuse and go to the specialized store and ask to a profissional for an identical one to replace it.
                        8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                        8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                        8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                        8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                        8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                        8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

You don't need a tv...just watch TW. Its like Jerry Springer 24/7!
                          this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
                          (:3=

Comment

Originally posted by schope
                            get the original broken fuse and go to the specialized store and ask to a profissional for an identical one to replace it.
                            That's what I did.

I'm gonna give it to my cousin, he has all the shit to test connections and he'll make sure there's no little electrical thing that can be easily fixed.

If it isn't a simple thing to fix I will buy a new one, coz it is 4/5 yrs old. I wouldn't want to fix it, to only have to fix it again in a few months time.

Comment

K, my cousin said parts needed replacing, so i bought a new one.

cheapest 14" they had =)

Comment

Working...
                              X