Guitar Players in TW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Players in TW

Alright I'm just getting into my guitar here. Just got it, and an Amp. The guitar is an Aria II Pro, and a Marshall Amp. I don't know much about it, but I'm looking for some good sites, and some good music to get me into this guitar thing. I can play, just not too well.

Mostly into classic rock personally, but as long as it isn't mainstream rap/hip hop/country/shitty put-together-by-producers music I can handle it. So what you guys think? Anyone know some sick tunes I may not of heard, or anyone play guitar and wanna throw some tips at me feel free.
    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

You might wanna check out some white stripes tabs. Theyre pretty much power chords, but I learned my way around the fretboard by playing "fell in love with a girl" and "seven nation army" over and over.

Hmm, Blink 182 - "damnit", might be mainstream or whatever but it's a cool song to learn.

Those are the only songs I know that you've probably heard, the rest of the songs I know are for our band.

Oh, and I recommend a pedal. Boss DS-1 or the Boss MetalZone, it adds a ton of flexibility to your playing experience. Like when I play Weezer - "In the garage", I can go from the acoustic beginning to that low growl heard through the song with relative ease.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

harmony-central.com is the ultimate

what kind of guitar do you have?
      learn your scales learn your scales learn your scales. more imoprtant than anything

i'll take this opportunity to show off my bitchin sunn rig

Last edited by triceratops; 07-17-2004, 03:26 PM.
      Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
      Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

blink 182 is a band that doesnt take that much skill as in guitar. Anything from them isnt that hard to play. try www.mxtabs.net (i think its that lol). They have a lot of tabs. Now, you said your not that good. Well, personally I think you should go out and buy yourself a book about how to play the guitar, like notes, chords, miners, majors, etc. Learn the basics, then get on to know the harder stuff
        the price is right, bitch.

Comment

here are some good intros/solos that I practised when I started out.

Alice Cooper - Poison
          Bryan Adams - Summer of '69 (really good, very easy practise for total ebginner palm muting thingys)
          Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O Mine (practise it once trough per day (45 seconds) and in no time at all it'll be an ez pie that sounds really cool)
          Iron Maiden - Childhood's End
          Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death
          Iron Maiden - Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger
          Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark
          Iron Maiden - No More Lies
          Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills
          Iron Maiden - The Educated Fool
          Metallica - Master Of Puppets

all of em have hard parts but they have an easy intro or bridge or something..
          www.ultimate-guitar.com is a good place for tabs if you need those.

have fun with your new hobby, it's really rewarding!
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Start off slow as Hero said, you should get a couple books on the Basics on Minors, Majors, 5ths, 7ths and all that jazz before getting into tabs and songs. That was my mistake in starting guitar, don't do it to yourself.

Also, if anyone wants to hear any of my early guitar stuff from around 2 years ago go here.

www.purevolume.com/sammarshall
            Originally posted by Jeenyuss
            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
              here are some good intros/solos that I practised when I started out.

Alice Cooper - Poison
              Bryan Adams - Summer of '69 (really good, very easy practise for total ebginner palm muting thingys)
              Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O Mine (practise it once trough per day (45 seconds) and in no time at all it'll be an ez pie that sounds really cool)
              Iron Maiden - Childhood's End
              Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death
              Iron Maiden - Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger
              Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark
              Iron Maiden - No More Lies
              Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills
              Iron Maiden - The Educated Fool
              Metallica - Master Of Puppets

all of em have hard parts but they have an easy intro or bridge or something..
              www.ultimate-guitar.com is a good place for tabs if you need those.

have fun with your new hobby, it's really rewarding!
              Someone sure likes Iron Maiden thanks for all the tips/links/songs etc. Personally I don't intend to put the thing down until I hear some Hendrix or Zepplin screaming from my amp.

TOPS - On the head of my guitar it says 'Aria Pro II Fullerton' I'm assuming thats the name.

How long have you guys played for, in any bands anyone?

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"

Comment

I've only been playing for exactly a year (got my guitar on my birthday, which is today). Im pretty awsome considering I've only been playing for a year, but thats just becasue Im left handed so I naturally have an easier time doing cords.

some advice: learn scales and crap, It will help alot (I wish I had done this). and do not do powercords with your pointer-finger and pinky-finger, this annoys the hell out of me when I see people doing it, do it with your pointer and ring-finger.
                Like, there was this ninja who got
                ticked off at some people who kept
                talking while he was trying to rock
                out on his guitar, so the ninja totally
                flipped out and sang at them till
                they all exploded!!! (true story.)

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers
                  Alright I'm just getting into my guitar here. Just got it, and an Amp. The guitar is an Aria II Pro, and a Marshall Amp. I don't know much about it, but I'm looking for some good sites, and some good music to get me into this guitar thing. I can play, just not too well.

Mostly into classic rock personally, but as long as it isn't mainstream rap/hip hop/country/shitty put-together-by-producers music I can handle it. So what you guys think? Anyone know some sick tunes I may not of heard, or anyone play guitar and wanna throw some tips at me feel free.
                  Look Mate i only play the Bass.....but im in a band and im starting to learn to play the Electric Guitar.....and what the really good guitarist in my band said is u Progress.....First start with some Blink 182....and Some Nirvana......Then u move up to some Van Halen and ACDC stuff like that.....Then u can Play the Led Zepplin and the Hendrix songs

Oh and if ure Playing Accoustic....Two songs u gotta learn how to play are....Ataris- San Dimas High School Football Rocks.....And Smashing Pumpkins- A Killer in Me is a Killer in You
                  Originally posted by Tone
                  Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

o_O Kaiser Sosey.. good movie :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer
                      Look Mate i only play the Bass.....but im in a band and im starting to learn to play the Electric Guitar.....and what the really good guitarist in my band said is u Progress.....First start with some Blink 182....and Some Nirvana......Then u move up to some Van Halen and ACDC stuff like that.....Then u can Play the Led Zepplin and the Hendrix songs

Oh and if ure Playing Accoustic....Two songs u gotta learn how to play are....Ataris- San Dimas High School Football Rocks.....And Smashing Pumpkins- A Killer in Me is a Killer in You
                      A friend of mine plays bass, he's mostly into punk stuff though. I can play some white stripes, nirvana, and Im kinda working on a Byran Adams song now. Mainly cause my friend can sing it perfectly. I'm going to get a guitar book or something tommorow, so ya it's good :up:

Comment

in my experience internet nerds generally can't tab for shit, but the best site especially for beginners is www.powertabs.net as it comes with its own freeware etc. there was also tabledit but it didn't really pick up off the ground but it had the most amazing tab for tubular bells arranged for guitars. If you are wanting to learn classic rock I would say learn stairway, it usually catches peoples attention in one way or another

Comment

yea most of the tabs are incorrect in one way or the other but it's easy to correct them if you have any ear for tones whatsoever.

Comment

Nockm saves plectrums.. so i guess he plays guitar..

allthough plectrums are pretty cool.. I can chew on them all day long
                            Sticks and stones may brake my bones,
                            BUT WHIPS AND CHAINS EXCITE ME!!

A friend will bail you outta jail, but a true friend will be sittin right next to ya sayin DAMN THAT WAS FUN!!!!

Comment

Sheep caught James Hetfield's plectrum when Metallica was in Finland a few months ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X