Suburban Drug Labs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suburban Drug Labs

Four years ago, a house just 7 buildings down the street from where we live was raided by the police and they found that the house was filled with materials for producing millions in ecstasy pills and, at the time, it was the largest such bust in Canada.

Just this past weekend, also in my home town of Markham (closer to where EiG lives than my place this time), there was yet another bust. Neighbours reported heavy smoke coming out of the house. When firefighters arrived, they discovered enough materials for $10 million worth of ecstasy, shattering the record from my street. The next day, as nearby houses were being evacuated because of the health and fire hazards involved in the cleanup, they found that the house next door contained a marijuana grow operation. There's been no word yet as to whether the two operations were connected.

All this brings up the question: what's Hallowe'en like on that street?

it's probably boring now, your neighboors are fuckers
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

just wondering: Do you live in like a total slum or a "better" area?
      5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
      5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
      5: Da1andonly> =((
      5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
      5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
      5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

u life in a very productive houd
        Code:
        1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
        1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
        1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
        1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
        1:lnx> kk
        1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
          just wondering: Do you live in like a total slum or a "better" area?
          Actually, my town is considered to be fairly well off.

The scary thing is how dangerous these houses can be. The one that's on my street is less than a hundred yards from an elementary school and the one that was found this weekend was only discovered because there was an accidental chemical reaction that released heavy amounts of smoke. The chemicals involved are highly flammable and explosive, so a fire could have blown up a sizable chunk of that street.

Comment

Where exactly was the bust near me Troll? I heard about it, but rarely read/watch the news. Markham is the tech capital of Canada and it's basically the suburbs of Toronto. We used to be the 2nd wealthiest town in Canada ... though I'm not sure what stat they used to track that. Definetely gone downhill a bit because so many people have moved out here from the city. We have gone from like 140,000 people to over 240,000 in something like 6 years. Still, I have yet to see a single homeless person while living here for 17 years, ahh the sheltered life.
            Last edited by Eric is God; 07-21-2004, 11:50 AM.

Comment

You can tell the drug dealers in the neighborhood when its a young hispanic guy with a new/90's Cadillac, the other guys are smart enough not to show off their laundered money. That or there are only hispanic drug dealers here, but I find that hard to believe.
              [Edit: Applying of course to the suburbs.]
              sage

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                You can tell the drug dealers in the neighborhood when its a young hispanic guy with a new/90's Cadillac, the other guys are smart enough not to show off their laundered money. That or there are only hispanic drug dealers here, but I find that hard to believe.
                [Edit: Applying of course to the suburbs.]
                Well the population in Markham is probably something like 45% white, 45% asian, 10% other.

Comment

well then it's that 10% other, i'm not being stereotypical or anything
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God
                    Where exactly was the bust near me Troll? I heard about it, but rarely read/watch the news. Markham is the tech capital of Canada and it's basically the suburbs of Toronto. We used to be the 2nd wealthiest town in Canada ... though I'm not sure what stat they used to track that. Definetely gone downhill a bit because so many people have moved out here from the city. We have gone from like 140,000 people to over 240,000 in something like 6 years. Still, I have yet to see a single homeless person while living here for 17 years, ahh the sheltered life.
                    412 Manhattan St, it's just opposite the north end of Raymerville on McCowan. I forget where you lived exactly, but I know that this is closer to you than it is to me.

WTF? I just tried to google a news article about it and I found this:
                    http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Toront...21/550774.html

Apparently, Markham firefighters found yet ANOTHER ecstasy lab yesterday, this time at 99 Brunswick st. (that's at the new subdivsion at Kennedy and 16th, near Pierre Elliot Trudeau SS).

Comment

That REALLY sucks for the pot growers... they're just sitting around tending their plants only to get fucked because their neighbors are making pills.
                      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I just got off the phone with my girlfriend who is in Markham visiting family and she said she's only a block away from the drug bust. It's kind of funny that people are making a big deal about this when in Brampton every third house is a grow op, during the winter you can see the roof tops with no snow. It makes me smile.
                        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

It's not so much the grow labs that are the concern. They bust a couple of those every month here in York region. The ecstasy labs are much more dangerous because the chemicals are an explosive risk. The two found this week were only discovered because neighbours thought there was a fire inside them. That's what's scaring people, the risk of serious explosions.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                            That REALLY sucks for the pot growers... they're just sitting around tending their plants only to get fucked because their neighbors are making pills.
                            Tru dat.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                              It's not so much the grow labs that are the concern. They bust a couple of those every month here in York region. The ecstasy labs are much more dangerous because the chemicals are an explosive risk. The two found this week were only discovered because neighbours thought there was a fire inside them. That's what's scaring people, the risk of serious explosions.
                              Oh I see, I thought that people were making a big deal about this because they didn't think someone would do that in Markham ex-specially when Canada is becoming the number one place to have drug operations.
                              Last edited by Cops; 07-22-2004, 06:50 PM.
                              it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                              X