No announcement yet.

Back To School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think anyone here knows what were on about nor gives a shit. Lets talk in MSN. :up:

Comment

here ya go, your the next George Bush, except less intelligent! where would you like to invade? (serious question)
      Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
      oNe-t> YEAH
      nopcode> before going out
      funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

I'd invade Poland because no one knows what the fuck its for.

Comment

Feoren, Your G/T sounds dumb. Whereever you live, you should be writing up that shit. Down here, I'm poor as anything, and lazy. Down here the "Magnet" program excludes the "rich" -or- "poor" people- you get in only because of your smarts. And in that program, if you don't feel challenged enough, you can join Gateway. Gateway is NOT G/T, i was trying to find a comparison- a program designed for the "smarter" kids per se. Anyways, some kids find that even the magnet program is a bit slow, so they opt for gateway. Now, ours is so intense we usually have something of a 35% dropout rate in the Gateway program- why would anyone drop out of what you describe as easy? Because, it isn't. We do sometimes do things like host battle of the bands, to raise money for new computers, etc.

Anyways to date 99% of the kids in our program have gone to out-of-state colleges for almost free- alot of college scouts come down here and see the program and love it.
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome
            Feoren, Your G/T sounds dumb. Whereever you live, you should be writing up that shit. Down here, I'm poor as anything, and lazy. Down here the "Magnet" program excludes the "rich" -or- "poor" people- you get in only because of your smarts. And in that program, if you don't feel challenged enough, you can join Gateway. Gateway is NOT G/T, i was trying to find a comparison- a program designed for the "smarter" kids per se. Anyways, some kids find that even the magnet program is a bit slow, so they opt for gateway. Now, ours is so intense we usually have something of a 35% dropout rate in the Gateway program- why would anyone drop out of what you describe as easy? Because, it isn't. We do sometimes do things like host battle of the bands, to raise money for new computers, etc.

Anyways to date 99% of the kids in our program have gone to out-of-state colleges for almost free- alot of college scouts come down here and see the program and love it.
            My G/T is dumb, but I'm definately glad to hear that it's not like that all across America. That gateway program sounds like a good idea, but it still sounds little like widening the gap between the people who are told they're "smart" and who are told they're "dumb". I don't know, maybe I'm too cynical (ok, probably) but it seems like kids who have parents who don't care about them are the ones who the schools don't pay any attention to aslo. They give all this money to fund programs for "gifted" students without realizing that every studen would be "gifted" if they hadn't been ignored by their teachers and told they're dumb since Kindergarten.

Comment

I haven't made my mind up on whether I'm going back, I don't know what I want but working in a factory right now it's mind numbing and I want to do something that actually matters, Well making sure there will be future generations so that can enjoy this earth as much as I do seems like the most important job to me. It's kind of hard to be able to go back and fix my mistakes when I spent 4 years doing nothing, so I might have to look for other ways of obtaining my highschool diploma and maybe looking into a trade like an arborist.
              Last edited by Cops; 08-18-2004, 03:55 AM.
              it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Feoren
                My G/T is dumb, but I'm definately glad to hear that it's not like that all across America. That gateway program sounds like a good idea, but it still sounds little like widening the gap between the people who are told they're "smart" and who are told they're "dumb". I don't know, maybe I'm too cynical (ok, probably) but it seems like kids who have parents who don't care about them are the ones who the schools don't pay any attention to aslo. They give all this money to fund programs for "gifted" students without realizing that every studen would be "gifted" if they hadn't been ignored by their teachers and told they're dumb since Kindergarten.
                oh it's definitely widening the gap, but it's also a haven- the educational system in louisiana is i think #49 or #48 in the school systems across america- out of 50 states. The only way we can even compete with "smarter" states is by pooling our efforts

cops, you should go.
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Back to school is ultra cool.

Once you hit 20, you can pick up freshmen chicks at RIT with little to no effort on your part.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome
                    oh it's definitely widening the gap, but it's also a haven- the educational system in louisiana is i think #49 or #48 in the school systems across america- out of 50 states. The only way we can even compete with "smarter" states is by pooling our efforts

cops, you should go.
                    Should but they might not take me back, but it's all good because I can get my diploma other ways and apply to college as a mature student in a few years. I got time to burn before I do something, I'd like to be maximum 25 before I've settled down atleast with a job.
                    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                    X