Internet connection - dling and uling and internet-provider complaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet connection - dling and uling and internet-provider complaint

I have been thinking about this. Since I'm basically dling non-stop. And with ABC you haft to upload to get max dl speed.

Have you ever got a complaint from your internet-provider, that you have been dling too much and uploading too much?

Kinda funny, I my contract it says, "Thou shall not have a ftp server nor any other server... forbidden with our internet service!". I'm using DNA.. and I asked them on dna what is the upload limit, and they answer that there are no restrctions about how much you upload, in other words no limitions. And I accually asked my internet-provider, the company that I made this deal with, about uploading, and they didn't say anything, though I e-mailed them.

I calculated how much I accually would download if I would non-stop dl for 7 days. I have my upload on ABC on 18kb/s, for max dl speed for my connection.

So I "calced":
    18 * 60 = 1080, thats like 1,08 mb per minute.
    1080 * 60 = 64800, 64,8 mb per hour
    64800 * 24 = 1555200, 1 giga 555,2 mb
    1555200 * 7 = 10886400, 10 giga 886,4 mb
    10886400 * 4.5 (ave of a month, weeks) = 48988800, 48 giga 988,8 mb

Let say my dl ave is 45 kb/s
    45 * 60 = 2700
    2700 * 60 = 162000
    162000 * 24 = 3888000
    3888000 * 7 = 27216000
    27216000 * 4.5 = 122472000, 122 gig 472 mb

So I might be little bit worried that they will complain..
    Not that I have the computer non-stop on for a month. Would be neat though...

So does anyone know anything about this? Are they able to see how much you use, and what protocol you have used, what you dled and stuff? Does is cause em trouble when some is using their connection to it's max? And do they care? And I live in Finland, if you didn't know.

Edit: Thank you in advance for reading and giving your time to think, and time to write something here.
    Endless space, endless exploration.

ABC is one of the most horrible BT-clients ever.
    Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo
      ABC is one of the most horrible BT-clients ever.
      Whats wrong with abc?

Comment

I use SHAD0W's Experimental BitTorrent client. It beats the pants off any other BT client EVER.

www.bittornado.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
          I use SHAD0W's Experimental BitTorrent client. It beats the pants off any other BT client EVER.

www.bittornado.com
          Originally posted by www.bittornado.com
          NOTE: Corrupted downloads may be caused
          by bad RAM in your computer!
          You don't get corrupted files with abc.. ^^ .. but the thread wasn't really about torrent clients.. :/

Comment

Arguing over BT clients is like arguing over pocket protectors. Come on, it's just a program used to download and upload shit.
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome
              Arguing over BT clients is like arguing over pocket protectors. Come on, it's just a program used to download and upload shit.
              Well, bottom case, the thread wasn't about torrent clients.

Comment

ABC sucks CPU and Memory like a pregnant blue whale.
                Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Originally posted by 1ight
                  You don't get corrupted files with abc.. ^^ .. but the thread wasn't really about torrent clients.. :/
                  I have never gotten a corrupted download from using BitTornado.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome
                    Nope they each really have their own intricacies once you start DL whoring. I'm a Shadows/BitTornado fan too =)

Comment

i use burst!

Comment

And no-one focuses on the real topic.. Really, is there anything to worry about? What do you think!?

Comment

They have no right to limit your uploads/downloads. They do however have the right to stop being your ISP (forcing you to either sign a contract with upload limits or finding you a new ISP). There was a big fuzz about this thing a few months ago here in Finland.
                          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                          5: Da1andonly> =((
                          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Huh? I thought ABC was like an upgrade from Bittornado?
                            DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                            Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                            Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                            -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                              They have no right to limit your uploads/downloads. They do however have the right to stop being your ISP (forcing you to either sign a contract with upload limits or finding you a new ISP). There was a big fuzz about this thing a few months ago here in Finland.
                              That really sucks.. so what do you recommend for me to do? Perhaps I shouldn't dl non-stop (almost) and take some pauses once in awhile?

Comment

Working...
                              X