Time to take a stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to take a stand

As you probably have all heard the IMF and World Bank are holding their annual meetings this week in Washington D.C. Thousands of protestors are flocking to D.C. to (what else) protest the IMF/World Bank's policies In the heart of it all will be yours truly. $$$$$$

if you don't know what the IMF or World Bank are visit
    www.50years.org
    www.freespeech.org/studentsforsocialchange

the second link has a lotta links to pretty good sites. Time to shake things up.
    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Interesting. What kind of protests are they going to have? Are you gonna participate?

It's very important not to overlook local, corrupt agencies like Citi Bank (proudly behind world-wide flooding, sweatshop labor, predatory lending, oil spills, global warming, and rare species extinction).

Comment

Nayo and I are both going to participate in the protests. I would say more, but I'm on my neighors comp, and it sucks.
      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

if u get the chance kick a cop in the nuts for me...

Comment

Those sort of events have the coolest free stuff. Can you get me some stickers and "Preach the Peace" t-shirts? I'll pay for the shipping.

I'm an extra large.

Comment

i was gonna quote annux and then put that picture of the fat guy sitting at a computer that he said was himself, but im too lazy to look through all the topics to find it.

Comment

It's cool man. This one?

Comment

right on. you da man.

Comment

bring a gas mask and be ready to loot some stores. get me a ps2 if you can!
                  To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                  brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Originally posted by Taciturn Bob
                    Be wary of suicide bombers
                    why would they bomb the enemies of their enemies, so to speak?
                    'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                    sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

It went very well. I didn't go to the direct action portion, I just went to the rally and march. I think Mattey might be at the direct action. It was very peaceful and productive. If all protests were as successful there would be a lot of progress made in the world.
                      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Protesters need to find jobs.

Seriously, though, I admire your participation in the political process (oh the alliteration is killing me), but I think Winston Churchill said it best (and I'm paraphrasing here, but you get the idea):

If you aren't a liberal in your 20's, you don't have a heart. And if you don't vote conservative in your 40's, you don't have a brain.

tCK
                        1:Pearl Jam> the gloves are for the prostitutes i'm going to hire
                        1:Pearl Jam> i'm going to make one of them shovel human feces into a wheelbarrow and run around with it
                        THE CRIMSO> that's more illuminative than jack's comment, but still pretty enigmatic
                        1:Pearl Jam> she'll have to wear a shirt that says "THE POOPSMITH" on it

Comment

Working...
                        X