X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Nascar fans

Are you for the lucky dog pass or not?

Discuss.

Yeah, keeps things interesting and makes it so lapped cars are necessarily out for good.
    DELETED

Comment

Heh, well im against it on the basis of if you dont earn it, you dont get it - which is also why im against this whole new point system where everyone stays within 5 points of each other. Gordon could be in front by about 700 points(he isnt and never will be) and end up finishing 10th in points because tenth only starts what...55 points behind him with ten races?

Comment

Welll i like the lucky dog thing bc its almost impossible to remake a lap up on those guys and the lapped guy could pose a threat to win the race. Plus u "earned" it so to say by staying in the "lucky dog" place 8)

About the points, its hard to say if it was a good or bad move yet. Once the season ends we'll see if it was good or bad. I think the old point system was a lil out of date bc the ppl like kensith last year would run away with the points early and it'd get boring near the end. This mite pose to much compatition for the last 10 races or whatever it is. Mite be alot of bangin and hard racing.
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Quick props to the 8 crew for dominating tonight. :up:

I like the lucky dog rule, I don't like the name.

And I think the new points system is a good thing for anyone from, say, 4th place on back in the standings. Whatever errors they made during the first 26 races are erased when New Hampshire rolls around. Is it fair for the first few drivers in the standings to have amassed such a big lead and/or cushion? Not really. But it almost seems like NASCAR is more about growth and kissing ass for sponsors than caring about fairness these days anyway.
          Originally posted by vubinspiran
          I hate X very hard.

Comment

My quirk about the points system is kind of like Jeff Gordon said after he won Michigan. He said something about a win and becoming first in points would feel great, IF it meant anything at all, which it doesnt since he can get 400 points in front, and hed earned it if he did, and only start 55 points in front of tenth. He could just not race the next two tracks, be back a few places, and then race the last tracks that count, come back and win. Its stupid.

edit: I think Gordon did get the shitty end of the stick last night with the lucky dog thing though. I guess stopping on the bricks made helton mad - note to self, never piss in heltons cereal.

Comment

Another topic we can discuss. Wreckless Robbie(Robbie Gordon). Do you think hell be racing for RCR with as stupid and bad of driver as he is? Jarrett was quoted as saying he has robbie in his mind....hell get it back for that little maneuver last night

Comment

I didn't watch nascar before but it sounds like the lucky dog rule is much better than racing to the yellow, both because of the danger and because teammates try to exploit it.

Of course they could not have either- racing back to yellow and not have lucky dog. Personally, that's how I would do it, just because I'd rather see straightforward racing. The lucky dog rule seems like just some "exception" that they put in to appease the drivers for taking away racing back to yellow or something. There doesn't really seem to be a point to it other than historical.

I wouldn't go so far as saying it's "unfair" or whatever because everyone knows about it, and for now, it's part of nascar. In the end, it's just a rule, everyone knows about it and it could benefit (or hurt) anyone just the same on any given weekend.

One good thing is that it puts more cars on the lead lap, which hopefully means more cars are racing for the top spots. That's a little more exciting, but it's only 1 car and it rarely affects the outcome too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemfire
                  Another topic we can discuss. Wreckless Robbie(Robbie Gordon). Do you think hell be racing for RCR with as stupid and bad of driver as he is? Jarrett was quoted as saying he has robbie in his mind....hell get it back for that little maneuver last night
                  You know he'll be racing for someone, its just who? Im sure he'll be with RCR for as long as there contract is, which i dunno how long? He isnt all that bad compared to "some" of the racers out there.
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

He's bad. He's not malicious. Just freaking stupid. :/

Comment

Working...
                    X