Is it a waste if you truly enjoy it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a waste if you truly enjoy it?

I've heard the usual complain about MMORPG's- " I want to play it but I don't like the idea of paying for it monthly, it's a waste of money, blah blah blah"

Now I don't know why, but on the way to school this morning, I was thinking about my major, the money that's going into it and what would happen if I got into a car accident and got killed 5 mins from then. Would that be a waste of money, since I didn't get my degree? I've enjoyed my time up until now, so I'm asking you-

Is (time, money, etc) a waste if you use it to enjoy something? Would you consider your highschool career(say you have a blast) a waste if you die on the day of your graduation? If you had your dream car, and spent a good number of years driving it and enjoying it were to get into an accident and get wrecked- would the money you spent on that car be a waste?

Hopefully this won't drop to the bottom of the list by the time I get back from work tonight.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

If you like a game, then no, it's not a waste. But, games like that generally have a "limited demo" or what we call a "beta test". Basically its a demo of the game before its released while they're still working out the bugs. I think MMORPGs should have open beta tests more than closed cause they can attract more players, cause they'd wanna play more and then go buy the game.

Example: Risk Your Life, www.ryl.com.my - Open beta of this MMORPG, Its quite fun, and if it goes P2P I'd definately think about it. I'd like to play WoW before I buy it. Cause, if you purchase a PC game, like say for the MMORPG's free month trial and you hate it, you can't return it and you can't use it until you pay for it, but why would you wanna pay for something you hate per month?
    DELETED

Comment

I think its a waste if you getting into a new hobby lets say MMORPG and you pay 12 bucks a month. You only play that like lets say 5 hours of that month. Seems to me you really didn't use your full potential of 12 bucks. Not saying you should be it on every second, but using it to your advantage. The enjoyment does make sense, but to other people its a waste of 12 bucks.

Another exmaple would be me playing paintball. I get all the equipment comes out to $1500 dollars. I play it once don't like it and put it in my closet. Thats a waste.

Trying something before buying is what it really comes down too.

Comment

if i died on the day of graduation i would be massively pissed about all the shit i had to do for highschool. i think the worst was staying up all night to write a paper about something i knew or cared nothing about, and the work seemed endless. it scarred me. before doing that i could do homework at night and it sucked but i could do it. after that i lost all will to do anything past like 8 oclock, i would just set the alarm for extra early the next morning and end up hitting the snooze button once every nine minutes for 2 hours instead of doing work. anyway that doesnt have much to do with anything but yeah.
        Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
        apt>yes u can wtf
        apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
        apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
        apt>so i dont miss the toilet
        Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
        apt>na
        apt>ill show you pictures
        apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

If I died right on graduation day, I wouldn't be worrying about having wasted my time in school. I'd be past worrying about anything, frankly, and my last concern would be something like "why is everyone telling me to duck?".

Comment

haha tk you think we're going to aim high.

Comment

Ive changed my mind about mmorgps lately. If I go to a store and buy a
              game, I have to pay around 50$ for that (in Sweden). And I usually dont play
              it more than say 20-30 hours.

If I on the other had pay 12$/month for a game that is free to get. I can
              play for 4 months online for the same price. Alot more for the money in my
              opinion. Of course, if you only have 5 hours/month to play on, then its a
              waste. But lets say you play like 2 hours+. Then its suddenly not expensive
              at all. And if you decide after a month that the game wasnt for you, then it
              still wont cost more than those 12$.
              Hannibal Lecter: How did you catch me, Will?
              Will: You had disadvantages.
              Hannibal Lecter: What disadvantages?
              WIll: You're insane.
              --Manhunter

Comment

i was talking about this today at school. sure, i'd enjoy playing an MMORPG for a tenner or whatever it is a month. that's unlimited entertainment for a maximum of 10 quid. it's not the fact that i wouldn't enjoy it, that i won't buy one. it's not the fact it's a rip-off; it's the fact that i know if i did purchase an MMORPG i'd spend far too long playing it and it would disturb and interupt my normal life.

ss used to be a drug for me, and no doubt that an MMORPG would be far more fun to play than ss. if i got an MMORPG to play i'd be even more addicted than i was to ss

Comment

Working...
                X