"So if I wait 2 years.."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "So if I wait 2 years.."

Oh, here's a funny story that happened at work today.
    For a little background info, my bookstore can special order books if our supplier has them in stock, but we are currently out of stock in the store. If the supplier doesn't even have them (aka not on our list) then we can't Special Order it. Sounds easy to understand, right? Well...

*phone rings*
    LB: Waldenbooks at Springfield Mall, how can I help you?
    Man: Yea, I'm looking for this book (gives me info)
    LB: Ok sir, let me go see if we have it
    *I go work my magic on the comp database
    LB: I'm sorry sir, but we don't seem to have that book in our store, much less anything by that author.
    Man: Oh, well can you special order it for me?
    LB: Sorry we can't, if our supplier doesn't have the book in stock we can't order it for you.
    Man: Why not?
    LB: ..Because our supplier...supplies us with our books. If it's not there, then we can't get it for you.
    Man: I've been getting books from your store for 6 years, why can't I get this one now?
    LB:..Sir, we don't have the book in stock. Neither does our supplier. Therefore we can't get the book for you. Maybe you could try the Borders across the..
    Man (intterupts): So if I wait 2 years, then will you have it? Will you be able to get it for me then?
    LB: O_o....o_o....Uh...I have no idea if our supplier will have it in stock then, sir.
    Man: So you don't have it now, then?
    LB: ;_; No sir, we don't.
    Man: Oh, ok then. I'll check somewhere else.
    LB: Have a nice day, sir.

~
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
      Man (intterupts): So if I wait 2 years, then will you have it? Will you be able to get it for me then?
      LB: O_o....o_o....Uh...I have no idea if our supplier will have it in stock then, sir.
      Man: So you don't have it now, then?
      LB: ;_; No sir, we don't.
      Man: Oh, ok then. I'll check somewhere else.
      LB: Have a nice day, sir.

~
      That sure enlightened my day, funny.. :up:
      Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemfire
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
        Or... ALONE....
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
          Or... ALONE....
          Or in small groups for that matter.
          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
          ---A few minutes later---
          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
          9:Kim> UM
          9:Kim> i didn't
          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Working...
          X