X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER .... FF7 spinoff for PSP

Originally posted by Gamespot.com
    Final Fantasy VII spin-off coming to the PSP

The action RPG, titled Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII, is tentatively slated to launch in 2006 on Sony's handheld.

TOKYO--All eyes are on Sony's PSP announcements today, and Square Enix has moved to secure itself a slice of mindshare. The role-playing game publisher today announced another entry in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series of spin-off games based on its popular PlayStation RPG, this one for the PSP.

Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII [working title] will be an action RPG, and it is currently slated to release in early 2006. The game will be produced by Yoshinori Kitase, who directed the original 1997 game. Tabata Hajime, who directed Before Crisis - Final Fantasy VII, the mobile phone Compilation game, will direct Crisis Core. The character designs will again be the work of Tetsuya Nomura, who designed the characters for FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, and the Kingdom Hearts series, among other Square Enix games.

The official teaser page for Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII has opened on Square Enix's site. GameSpot will bring you any additional information on Crisis Core as it breaks.
    An action RPG based on the characters of FF7 during the Advent Children saga, I believe. Or all these games are going to branch the gap between the end of FF7 and Advent Children? Noone really knows, but it might actually be good and for the PSP.
    DELETED

yeah, i heard about that. i feel i'm going to be disappointed by all these FF7 spin-offs though

Comment

Retarded. FF7 was a fine game by itself but it cheapens it by releasing tons of crappy spinoffs.
      sdg

Comment

ARG psp, no way i'm wasting money that just to play this game.
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.
        . â–²
        ▲ ▲

Comment

SquareSoft> LOLEOLEOLLL PEOPLE RAVEA BOUT FF7 ON TEH INNANETZ LETS CAPITALIZE ON THIS.
          Enix> Hey I've got this idea for this new game, it's totally original and has this innovative...
          Squaresoft> QUIET!t1!!t1 YOU ARE NOT PAID TO THINK@!
          sage

Comment

If you want Creager's post in a flash movie...

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/191110
            DELETED

Comment

Ff7

Originally posted by Stabwound
              Retarded. FF7 was a fine game by itself but it cheapens it by releasing tons of crappy spinoffs.
              Agreed FF7 ownz all final fantasy's, im currently playing it, i can go kill seph right now but im getting everything this time around. Advent children is coming out here in less then a month on dvd <japan> I hope this new version is just to finish ff7 with the same characters/materia ect. All the other final fantasy besides 11 were shit compared to 7. BTW when advent children gets released here ill set up an ftp server so you all can download it since japan gets it like 6 months before the states do
              :mad: Ravished :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by Ravisher
                Agreed FF7 ownz all final fantasy's, im currently playing it, i can go kill seph right now but im getting everything this time around. Advent children is coming out here in less then a month on dvd <japan> I hope this new version is just to finish ff7 with the same characters/materia ect. All the other final fantasy besides 11 were shit compared to 7. BTW when advent children gets released here ill set up an ftp server so you all can download it since japan gets it like 6 months before the states do
                Final Fantasy Tactics > Final Fantasy VII

I'm sorry, but it's true. Ramza is a far better hero than Cloud, though FFVII makes up points in the department of female leads... though I still hate the weak white mage stereotype( read: Aerith ).

Ragnarok Online > Final Fantasy XI

Details as to why are in older threads somewhere.

Additional note to FFVII.

Sephiroth was E A S Y. I played both PC and PSX versions of FFVII and all three Sephiroths were easy( yes I know the last was supposed to be easily killed ). Bizarro was easy, One Winged was easy, just took a while. Ruby Weapon took me 45 minutes to kill on PC with Cloud continually Miming Omnislash, while Ruby was the easier of the extra weapons on PSX. I still don't know why FF continues the saga of extra bosses being harder than the end boss. In conclusion, Sephiroth and Cloud = overrated, except in Kingdom Hearts.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderMage
                  Ragnarok Online > Final Fantasy XI
                  I think I remember that thread but don't remember an explanation of that theory

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
                    I think I remember that thread but don't remember an explanation of that theory
                    Ok.. theory goes as follows, and I have played both games.

One, the biggest problem of Final Fantasy XI is the fact that there's barely any solo action. Around levels 8 - 10 in Final Fantasy XI, you HAVE TO form parties or you will get nowhere fast. Yes, you can solo after level 8, but it's incredibly hard and INCREDIBLY slow. I played at a slow pace, not staying on the game for more than three hours at a time. In FFXI in three hours I gained maybe one level, maybe as much as two( I played a Thief, so yeah ). In RO, three hours could equal five levels or more, and not just character level but job level as well.

Two, time is another big problem. I found in RO you can pick it up for an hour, have some fun and then put it down just as easily. In FFXI if you play for an hour only, you might as well not be playing at all. I got to level 29( Mithra Theif ) and had no desire to get the ellusive level 30, nor was I so thrilled about getting my sub job, oh wow... now I can back up Provoke just in case! FFXI, unless you have a static party, or non bitch ass "friends"( read: I had neither, static party was for higher levels[ I started on PS2 while friends were on PC ] and my "friends" were asses and bitches, save for two ), it can take FOREVER to get a party, especially if you are a "non important class"( read: Theif and Summoner ). In RO you can party with anyone, but in FFXI I hated it so fucking much when I waited 30 minutes for a White Mage to join the group, and then when looking for a sixth member, they suddenly have to go log or are needed elsewhere or shit like that, and then the entire party breaks up because the White Mage left, that = sucks.

Three, at least for me on the Titan server, things were RIDICULOUSLY( sp? ) over priced at Auction Houses. 50k is not easy to come buy for your next weapon or armor, and a simple +1 to defense or attack and maybe +1 or something to a stat is not worth the additional price. Gil is not easy to come by unless you are a synth god( which also takes time and money ) or are lucky, and to have things priced so high that you have to save for what seems like forever, really sucks. In RO it's very easy to save, very easy.

Four, deleveling. Whoever thought of this needs to be smacked. Losing EXP is fine if you die, hell even losing money is somewhat decent, but when it takes a few thousand to get to the next level because you just died soloing or having been raped by a train... it's not not cool. Deleveling would be fine if monsters gave more EXP, but since the most is 200 EXP without chaining, and that's an Incredibly Tough, which if you solo can kill you with ease, going from having just won a level, to dying and dropping down to needing like 5k to reach the level AGAIN sucks.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                    .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Guild Wars > Ragnarok Online and Final Fantasy 11 Online.
                      DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                        Guild Wars > Ragnarok Online and Final Fantasy 11 Online.
                        Not played Guild Wars, see it always advertised on Penny Arcade though, free or pay for?

.Halo.

Comment

Working...
                        X