The Latest and Greatest Console Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nockm
    I don't really like any of those games in that list. However, I'll be getting GTA: SA anyway since it's gotta be a good laugh. Games indeed do suck more since back then but if you can't find any enjoyment out of today's offerings then you're missing out.

Stuff I'll be getting for my PS2 this Xmas:
    Gradius V
    Burnout 3
    GTA: SA

Anyone else with PS2 suggestions? (no FPS/RPGs)
    I could recommend KoF: MI but the balance in the game fucking sucks. And its 3D. I hate fighting games in 3D.
    Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

There have been plenty of great games released since '98, you're just too much of a lazy fucking asshole to check them out because EGM sure ain't talking about them.

And they aren't on consoles. Consoles really have been shit for years, Creags is right-on there.
      Originally posted by Ward
      OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo
        I could recommend KoF: MI but the balance in the game fucking sucks. And its 3D. I hate fighting games in 3D.
        Hmm KoF is ok for the odd 2-player thing but I don't really like that series really

I was bred on Streetfighter!

Originally posted by Vykromond
        There have been plenty of great games released since '98, you're just too much of a lazy fucking asshole to check them out because EGM sure ain't talking about them.

And they aren't on consoles. Consoles really have been shit for years, Creags is right-on there.
        There's quite a few good console games out there still. It's just that they're far more diluted within the masses of crap cash-in attempts. Basically, "quality control" has decreased vastly.

Comment

What about games like Beyond Good & Evil and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time? I heard those games were insanely well done but were buried by the "big name" games last holiday season

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
          .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Beyond Good & Evil was massively overrated. The new Prince game was fucking amazing, but the gameplay was a lot better on the computer.
            Originally posted by Ward
            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

The Bard's Tale

Remake of an old PC classic (made by Sierra I believe), is now brought to you all in 3D with lots of cinematics, combat, and sing-a-longs ... yes.. Sing-a-longs. This game is freakishly hillarious, pick it up and sing with the characters.
              DELETED

Comment

I played the original bards tale, forgot all about that game. I remember thinking it was fun though.

I think you guys are dumbasses. Games are fun.

favorite console games:

Halo (I know, I know, but it's just so damn fun, havent played the new one yet)

Xbox tennis (I think there's a couple, but one in particular is good, I forget the name)

Hot Shots Golf (I have 3, Fore came out and I rented it, not much different, just more courses/people)

GTA (I'm playing san andreas now, I'll never finish one of these games, but it's really fun to play)

Football (every year I think "How much better could they make this?" and every year they get better. I don't own any, I always rent them when a new one comes out, Madden seems to usually be my favorite)

Bust-a-move 2 (greatest game ever, they've made sequels, but they add too much fancy crap, number 2 was the best. and this isn't the dance game, I'm talking about the bubble-shooting puzzle game. also the only game that I can confidently say that I'll kick any of your asses in)

Tony Hawk series (every one is better than the last)

SSX Tricky
                http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I'll agree with beez--the whole SSX lineage is good stuff. Tricky was a bit of a cop-out, but it's good.

And I think the new Bard's Tale is kinda crap compared to the original. I mean, I could boot up my old IBM PC and have a more interesting time. With CGA, even.
                  Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Maybe it's me, but I think for the most part, videogames are lame if they aren't at least somewhat social, and it's way easier to be social around a TV than around a computer screen.
                    5:gen> man
                    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                      I'll agree with beez--the whole SSX lineage is good stuff. Tricky was a bit of a cop-out, but it's good.
                      Tricky is the only one I really got into. I tried playing the last one (three, I think) but it just kinda felt like more of the same.

forgot to mention gran turismo.. I love racing games.

I totally agree with face on that. I don't play any PC games that aren't online, and i usually get bored with 1 player console games. Besides, my tv is way nicer than my computer.
                      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                        I loved SSX3 even if the 'free roaming' isn't all that free, the way it's set up, is very well done and noteworthy.
                        DELETED

Comment

TIF 2005 (this is football) is a good one for the ps2. I am currently playing GTA: SA. Its funny to try to get in the other 2 cities in the beginning, because you arent allowed, so if you swim there you got like cops all over you in an instant.
                          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                            Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
                            See above
                            Hahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                            X