Dling WoW Open Beta is not cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dling WoW Open Beta is not cool

Last night I gave up on Blizzard Downloader because it was way too slow. I'm using SN with Azureus now, and I've downloaded 510 MBs so far, so I'm almost about 20% complete. I have almost two days left of it according to Azureus, but I seem to be uploading at about 40 kps, which is twice as fast as my average downloading speed for this. This is ridiculous, I wish they'd stop using me as a host for a bit and let me download at my full potential (which would be more than ten times as fast as I'm downloading now... litteraly).

So what are your Open Beta/Stress Test downloading woes? Or if you've already recieved the open beta or stress test, how fast were you able to get it, and did you find yourself uploading more than twice as much as you were downloading?

I used the Blizz uploader because Fileplanet was gay as hell with their downloads. Even though I had to disable my firewall to get any decent speeds, it was stable and I was able to fully d/l the client. And yes, I had upload speeds that were 2, 3 times faster than what I was d/l'ing at.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

I get in the 60-80s on the Blizzard downloader, but I played WOW in the first stress test and it wasn't very addictive to me. 1 week was long enough for me to play before I got bored of the game.
      :turned:

Comment

They have ritalin these days you know.

Comment

took 2 hours when i downloaded from fileplanet. 400kb/s :grin:

Comment

It took around 5 days for me to finish downloading the Open Beta client, mainly because my idiot brothers wouldn't leave it running during the night but the download speed was still no more then 25 kbps using the blizzard downloader. It might be different since they put out a new update of the downloader and the fact that over 100,000 people are probably trying to get the open client .
            Last edited by Kolar; 11-11-2004, 08:24 PM.

Comment

I have an approximate 20 hours left (it goes from about 1 d 0 h to 18 h), with a little more than a gig downloaded. Speeds are low at times, but right now I'm getting about 30 kbps. Is the file planet download free? Or do I have to pay for a subscription to be able to download it? Because I can't find anything about the download, their WoW talks about everything BUT the download, which is AWESOME.

Comment

i used a subscribed acct which is probably why it went so fast

Comment

Seeing as I'll be paying for regular WoW per month anyways, I don't see the need to pay even more to play WoW for less than a month... let alone an unfinished version.

Comment

I paid 8 bucks to d/l it from fileplanet and get in the ST/OB. I didn't get the d/l working from them, but I got into ST so I was happy.
                    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Alright, on day two of the dl and looky here, only 1.67 gigs dled and it's moving at about 8 kb/s. It still says I have over a day left. This is ridiculous. Someone just let me borrow their fileplanet account so I can download it in two hours instead of having to wait until Monday to get this damn game, and waste my bandwidth by uploading 5 more gigs.

Comment

its cool, 18 warlock after one day playing.
                        PicHosting

Comment

Hurray! I finished dling and I just started as a Tauren Warrior. I played a couple of minutes and it's really unbelievable! I'm still getting the attacking thing down, I feel really awkward fighting for some reason. But all in all, I'm glad I waited those 3-4 days to dl.

Comment

for the closed beta, when i downloaded the game it only took an hour and a half.. at 400kb/s down and 120kb/s up.. i have it recorded

but back then it was probably alot smaller file than what it is now.

When I had to re-download the recent version, it took me 8 hours 30 someod minutes. I left my computer on overnight which i'm not allowed to do and my mom went on to turn it off but it was done and she wrote it down.. can't find the paper but i remember.

I love 9.5 Mbps connections. Cable 4 lyphe.

Comment

Working...
                            X