Moving out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving out

I need some help from you oh-so-wonderful people.

I'm planning on moving away from pretty much my entire family due to drug-related issues. Everyone aside from me is addicted to something, be it crystal meth, crack, pain pills, whatever they can get their hands on. If any of you have ever lived with a crackhead, you'll know what kind of shit I've been putting up with for the past fifteen years.

So my questions are:

1) Where should I move? I think I have enough money in the bank to get wherever I need to go, but getting a new job might be a struggle, so I don't want to move anywhere with a high unemployment rate or anything. I'd prefer a larger town somewhat similar in size to this one (the population here is around 35,000), but I can re-adapt to city life if needed.

2) What should I do with my family? I realize they're my own flesh and blood, but when they come back from a drug binge they're like complete strangers. I want to help them, but what's the use if they don't want to help themselves?

I'm really frustrated and confused as far as what to do here. Any and all input is greatly appreciated. I'll only be able to read your replies from work, because my computer is disconnected and stored at my grandmother's to prevent it from being pawned to make another drug run. You people are my last hope before I just start cutting their throats out of desperation.
    Last edited by PH; 11-29-2004, 10:56 AM. Reason: Re-worded to prevent confusion.
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

come to Canada. Toronto is a cool place to live. People are very nice etc..

Free health care, not too many druggies. *cough*

No but seriously, move up here. Its an awesome place, and the food's great.
    audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
    DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
    Azreal> LOloL
    cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Go to the Netherlands. Legal drugs !
      Some places even give you them for free if you're really addicted.

Or ... just come to Belgium. The city where me, warportal, Cundor, Ragnarok./Due, Pollux_,.... are living.
      Can't get any better !!

Your family isn't up to some 2d spaceship nerds. It's upto yourself. You can asewell take them to a place where it's hard to get drugs. Move with your whole family to another city.
      7:Barton> hi tats
      7:Barton> still no smod?
      7:Barton> :(
      7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
      7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
      3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

Come to Toronto, Pizza Pizza need more delivery boys

Comment

I dont think you get it, Anduril, he wants to move away from all that shit.

I'd agree with saying Canada is your best bet, seems like a good standard of life up there.

Comment

How about Western Texas or Arizona?
            DELETED

Comment

Move to Hawaii and sell your family off to Mc Donalds.
              A man who desires nothing is invincible.

Comment

really depends on who you know in a particular area. might help if you moved to a place where you have a few friends that will help you get started on something. they don't have to be your best buds or anything, just someone who knows the area and where you can get work.

Moving into the city is generally a bad idea expecially if you're starting off by yourself because of the high prices for everything and the taxes.

As for your family, contact your nearest rehabilitation clinic.
                TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                TelCat> i dont

Comment

If you're afraid of not being able to land a job, the first step is to not move to a different country.

I agree with whoever said the best idea is to move where you know somebody.. if you don't know anyone that lives someplace that you want to live, no big deal. Just look at this as an opportunity to go wherever you want. think about what you want to do. Want to take up snowboarding? move out west. do you like the beach? cali or florida. Love cheese and fat chicks? wisconsin is calling your name.

As for your family, I have no experience, but I think the best you can do right now is to look out for yourself first. Let them know why you're leaving and that you don't want to sit around and watch them destroy themselves anymore and then go take care of yourself. If they don't want help, you can't help them.
                  http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                    I dont think you get it, Anduril, he wants to move away from all that shit.

I'd agree with saying Canada is your best bet, seems like a good standard of life up there.
                    we know eachother in r/l so it is kinda fun. -_-
                    Originally posted by Kolar
                    My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                    ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Come to colorado and live with me. I need some fellow SS players. Far as I know, I'm the only one.
                      -Bubbles
                      Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                      Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

You guys have been a huge help. Many thanks.

I'm just weighing my options right now, so I figured I'd ask you guys for ideas since, pathetic as it may sound, this place is like my second home. I figure the more options I have, the better chance I have of getting away from this shit, so the more input I get the better off I am. At this point I'm considering just about any suggestion thrown at me.

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                        How about Western Texas or Arizona?
                        I lived in west Texas (well, central/west) for about a year, and the area itself is great, but there are absolutely no jobs to be had out there.

Originally posted by Bioture
                        As for your family, contact your nearest rehabilitation clinic.
                        You'd think this would be a good idea, and it would be if the rehab clinics around here weren't so pathetic. Every single one I've talked to claims they have a "voluntary patient only" policy or some such shit, and no one in this family will go on their own. So I figure if I can't solve the shit, I'm leaving it for someone else to solve and getting the hell out of here.

Right now I'm looking at Oklahoma, Missouri, New Mexico and Arizona as my main options. If I decide against all of those, I'm more than likely Canada-bound, but I'm still very much open to suggestions. Keep 'em coming.
                        Originally posted by Tone
                        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                        Originally posted by the_paul
                        Gargle battery acid fuckface
                        Originally posted by Material Girl
                        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Columbia is a really cool town in Missouri - if you want a cool college town (Univ. of Missouri) with a lot of culture and people in your own age range, I'd recommend heading there.

I'd help more but I'm going to go eat. Stay tuned, i might add more!
                          PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

If you do go with University of Missouri do not go to Rolla. I visited there over the summer and the town is built around the university. Fast food joints, Wally World and a bowling alley. Not much else.

I live in Northwest Florida. It's alright as far as entertainment goes, we have community sports, movie theaters and lots of shopping. Not to mention the beach, but that's a summer only thing. Water gets way too cold around October. You could find a job pretty easily with decent pay, but finding a place to stay might not be so cheap. Cheers.
                            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Move to North Dakota so I'll know of someone else who plays this game from here. :P

edit: colleges here are pretty good, no "hard" drug use(99% of those who do use narcotics are only pot heads), but theres little to do in most of the cities

Comment

Working...
                              X