iTunes nerds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iTunes nerds.

I have heard from a reliable source that Jerome is an iTunes nerd, but anyone else that can help please feel free.

I have a helluva lot of songs in my iPod, is there a way I can view the .mp3's on my PC that have been imported through iTunes or not? To my brief knowledge of searching folders I can't find any sort of big folder with all my songs in so I'm assuming it's encrypted into the program or perhaps I'm wrong, well someone help me please.

Ta
    EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
    cool koen> :)
    PRiMORDiAL> pfft
    cool koen> not because of a bug
    EvoLd> Lol
    Treachery> meh
    EvoLd> why then?
    PubAceR> women in power dont last
    EvoLd> LOl
    toaster oven reviews

I've heard a few times that you need to get your songs from iTunes to use with your iPod, is that true at all, or can yuo just get songs from anywhere? I don't really see how it could be true, but I'm no expert.
    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

No, it's not true. It can be a bit funny with important illegaly downloaded music but I've had no problems...ever. Just Ctrl+O and insert your file. Woo. Can someone have a look at my question? Merci.
      PRiMORDiAL> pfft
      EvoLd> Lol
      Treachery> meh
      EvoLd> why then?
      EvoLd> LOl
      toaster oven reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Dim
        I have a helluva lot of songs in my iPod, is there a way I can view the .mp3's on my PC that have been imported through iTunes or not? To my brief knowledge of searching folders I can't find any sort of big folder with all my songs in so I'm assuming it's encrypted into the program or perhaps I'm wrong, well someone help me please.

Ta
        I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but what I took from it is that you can't find the songs that you uploaded from your own CDs through iTunes. Mine are in my iTunes folder in 'My Music.' Rephrase the question if that wasn't the reponse you were looking for and I might be able to help.
        Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
        i just wish it was longer
        Originally posted by Cops
        it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Found them (or some of them) .m4a what's that, can I get .mp3s?
          PRiMORDiAL> pfft
          EvoLd> Lol
          Treachery> meh
          EvoLd> why then?
          EvoLd> LOl
          toaster oven reviews

Comment

.?download song converting program.
            Even Nero Burning Rom. can convert songs for you into other extensions.
            Or just go download some program. Google for it, download it, and get a crack if it's a limited version. Ez pie.

HAXORZZZZZ
            :wub:
            7:Barton> hi tats
            7:Barton> still no smod?
            7:Barton> :(
            7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
            7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
            3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

On windows, if you show hidden folders you will find all your music in the "ipod contorls" folder. Each song has obfuscated names and they're all in grouped (strangely) in differnt folders, so its hard to find what you want. Script (plays TW, might have a new name now) wrote a flash app that reads the ipod xml file which can help you piece togther which song is which.

I havent tried this yet, but this might interest you, back up your ipod first, though: mod your ipod graphics
              SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

Comment

Dim,

Right click said song in iTunes choose "Convert to mp3" unless it's a protected m4a which is Apples AAC lossless encoder it'll convert it there on the spot.
                Also in your iTunes preferences choose the Importing tab, and change "Import Using" to "mp3 encoder".

BZ:
                The only restriction for illegal/legal music with ipods/iTunes are:
                A Playlist of iTunes protected m4a (usually from the iTunes store)
                can only be burned to cds 7 times. That goes for just that playlist too.
                So if you make a playlist of songs, burn 7 cds of it, and then delete the
                playlist and remake the exact same list, you get another 7 burns.

Songs in the protected m4a format can only be put onto one or two iPods from iTunes, so if you want to put them onto several (yours or yours and a friends) make sure to import music as or download mp3s. No restrictions then.

Rock On
                "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

so if I just download from soulseek and send them to my iPod, I'd have no problems? I'm pretty sure I want one.
                  http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

technically, you'll be wanted by the riaa

but besides that, you're in the clear

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                      so if I just download from soulseek and send them to my iPod, I'd have no problems? I'm pretty sure I want one.
                      If that's how you want to do it, absolutely.
                      Apple and iTunes unlike how lots of Windows software works, recognizes the fact they shouldn't try to force you to use a particular format. So they allow you importing and encoding as mp3s. So to iTunes it can't exactly tell the difference between whether you've legally ripped a CD you own, or downloaded a song, because you may have just ripped a legal CD with another program, so it doesn't penalize you for that. Apple has always been much too hippie-like to be that much of a buzzkill.

You can download off Soulseek, or anyplace else you like, Import your music to your iTunes music library, and chuck it all on your iPod without an issue. You can even take an iPod and plug it in someplace and use it to store other kinds of files like a portable little extra hard drive, and now with iPod photo.. woo ha.
                      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

apple doesnt have a problem with you using stolen music, but music bought from competitors they do . article
                        SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

Comment

I'm still confused, when I right click a song it gives me the option Copy selection to ACC or something
                          PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                          EvoLd> Lol
                          Treachery> meh
                          EvoLd> why then?
                          EvoLd> LOl
                          toaster oven reviews

Comment

the itunes is like
                            a woman;
                            beautiful and bold

you must tame it,
                            and love it. and then
                            you will be able
                            to wear a wifebeater
                            and she will be yourslmao

needless to say

itunes and i go a long way
                            and my new ipod

is like the best man

will you be my wife?
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Dim
                              I'm still confused, when I right click a song it gives me the option Copy selection to ACC or something
                              Hey Dim do this.

Edit -> Preferences -> Importing -> Change from AAC converter ro MP3 encoder.
                              Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                              sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X