I'm about to have a geometry test!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
    IT has Derivatives and Interlatives and second half we do Trig. I'm not sure.
    You mean integrals? I hope?

That's part of AP Calculus.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
      I'm in England over here. This is how I learnt stuff:

In year 9 (Age 13 - 14) we learnt stuff like Pythagoras and the basics of trig.
      In Year 10/11 (Age 14 - 16) we did more trig, up to the level of cosine rule & sine rule (although these were given to you in a formula book in the exam).

Everything after this was not compulsory (I.e. I could have dropped out here and got a career at McDonalds)

In first year of sixth form, I learnt more advanced trig (Still only sin, cos etc) and did some calculus (including differentiation and integration). As far as derivatives went, we went as far as chain rule, product rule, quotient rule for diff and I think it was just basic integration at that stage.

In second year of sixth form, I learnt stuff about sec, cosec etc, and all those triginometric functions (cos^2x+sin^2x=1 that sort of stuff) and the things like sinAcosB=.. (can't remember them off by heart anymore, they're in our data book at uni). As far as diff went we did more complex stuff, like differentiating trig and dipped into differential equations (dy/dx + x = 3 etc). for integration we did integration by parts, by recognition, by substitution and basically at the end of college, anything I could differentiate, I could integrate back (i.e. they were at the same level).

Of course there was non-trig and non-calculus stuff I learnt as well, I just couldn't be bothered to mention it as it didn't seem to come up in earlier discussion.

Now I'm at uni, the first few modules of maths were revision of what I did at college. I've now learnt more difficult differential equations, differentiation and integration (and I still have 1 more diff module and 3 more integration this semester).

I've done stuff like complex numbers and functions too (hyperbolic stuff, inverse functions etc) at uni.

Basically, at age 18, I have quite a high level of calculus and trig. (Although I don't know what sort of level an 18 year old would be at in America or Canada.)

Could someone please give me a little guide as to what ages grades are? I know they aren't strictly age based, but I assume most people pass so most people of one grade are the same age.
      maybe it's just me but this seemed like a real jumpy type of curriculum.
      To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
      brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
        I'm taking Pre-Calc right now and it is quite challenging.

I don't know what the fuck I'm learning.
        I'm taking Algebra Trig w/ Calc.

My teacher shows up drunk a lot, and one time i went to his house with 3 of my friends to finish a math project for extra credit (trust me i needed it) and we found like 4 empty Vodka bottles, plus an empty bottle of Jack Daniels in his recycling bin. Around here, recycling is collected every week on Wednesday, we went over on a saturday.
        Originally posted by Tone
        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

multiple guess, not multiple choice.
          Like, there was this ninja who got
          ticked off at some people who kept
          talking while he was trying to rock
          out on his guitar, so the ninja totally
          flipped out and sang at them till
          they all exploded!!! (true story.)

Comment

It's multiple choice. Multiple guess sounds like you can guess many times on one problem :P

Comment

I doubt you went to a teachers house, and I doubt he had vodka bottles just laying around even IF you were going there. Teachers aren't stupid.
              Originally posted by Jeenyuss
              sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

oh trust me, this one is
                Originally posted by Tone
                Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Working...
                X