Henry's free kick cheapass goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry's free kick cheapass goal

So what's up with that kind of stuff allowed by the ref hahaha. I don't watch football a lot, but I watched that premier league game and it was the funniest shit ever. Do the refs actually revise calls or is that THAT? So players can take free kicks even though a defensive wall isn't set up, or something like that? The player can do the free kick at any time he chooses without there being a whistle of sorts? I didn't see anybody talk about this anywhere, and thought it was the funniest thing ever.

I also saw another game where this striker did the most awesome curve shot from outside the penalty box 18' i think it was. That was irrelevant but the shot was too uber.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Ref's fault. Henry asked if he could take it, ref said yes, and he scored an easy goal.

Comment

If the attacking team are fouled then it is they who hold the advantage.

With a free-kick around the penalty area, we always ask the players whether they want it quick or slow.

This is their window of opportunity to surprise the defence.

If they want it quick, then they have given up the right to re-take it, no matter if it hits a defender who's three yards away.

The same goes if they kick it over the bar. They only get one chance.

The flip side is if they want it slow, they can't then take it while I count out the ten yards for the wall.

They must wait for my whistle.

There is nothing in the laws of the game that say we have to indicate for the free-kick to be taken.

It's just like when someone wants to take a free-kick anywhere else on the field.

As long as the ball is stationary and in the right place then the attacking team can take it as quickly as they like.

Comment

although i still think that henry is a garlic-breath, snail eating, wimpy, arrogant, cod-lipped frenchy

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
          So what's up with that kind of stuff allowed by the ref hahaha. I don't watch football a lot, but I watched that premier league game and it was the funniest shit ever. Do the refs actually revise calls or is that THAT? So players can take free kicks even though a defensive wall isn't set up, or something like that? The player can do the free kick at any time he chooses without there being a whistle of sorts? I didn't see anybody talk about this anywhere, and thought it was the funniest thing ever.

I also saw another game where this striker did the most awesome curve shot from outside the penalty box 18' i think it was. That was irrelevant but the shot was too uber.

you probably mean Diop's strike. i didn't see it, but heard that it was a curler

Comment

It scraped the right post (goalie perspective).

Lollerdinkles nailed, u hate Arsenal so much
            My fave team is still ac milan.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.

Comment

aha.. will be a good game

Comment

Bleh, it was not against the rules, but it was cheap. (And the fact that Pires dived to get that free-kick makes it worse. Also, the thing that annoys me, is the rin on Poll's face as he asks Henry if he wants it fast or slow.

I just got back from the Chelsea - Norwich game, which was nice.
                USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                ---A few minutes later---
                9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                9:Kim> UM
                9:Kim> i didn't
                9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
                  which was nice.

did you say this on purpose to sound like that guy from The Fast Show?

Comment

no
                    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                    ---A few minutes later---
                    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                    9:Kim> UM
                    9:Kim> i didn't
                    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

i lobbed a fast free kick over a keeper once in high school after the idiot keeper stepped out of his box with the ball in his hands before kicking it

its not something you practice, but i got lucky and it went in.
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

Yeah I soccer referee a lot and you can kick the ball at anytime you want you don't have to wait for the opposing team. Once the call has been made bam you can kick it (if it is in the right spot on the field)

I know this has already been established but soccer kicks ass.
                        1:Sumpson> SSC wants to be facist

"The only thing that can ruin this game is the player community." -BD Vine, Sonera
                        Corporation.

Comment

It wasn't against the rules, but very, very cheap. The referee does not have to blow his whistle contary to belief to restart a game (eg: allow a kick to be taken), a simple acknowledgement. let's say a nod of the head a wave of the hand eg. Nor does the referee have to move away from the ball. The reason why Chelski are annoyed is because the referee supposedly told them to get the 10 yards suggesting that Henry wanted a wall. But, perhaps he's an Arsenal fan (don't come on me FA). Then again, he did the same thing against my team, Aston Villa. Just as everybody forgot about it, he did it again. Clever frog, I'll give him that.
                          EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                          cool koen> :)
                          PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                          cool koen> not because of a bug
                          EvoLd> Lol
                          Treachery> meh
                          EvoLd> why then?
                          PubAceR> women in power dont last
                          EvoLd> LOl
                          toaster oven reviews

Comment

Lol Why Is It Cheap? Idiots Hahahahaha
                            Originally posted by Tyson
                            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                            Originally posted by HeavenSent
                            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                            Originally posted by Izor
                            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                            X